10 Second Club Now you are haulin! 10s are sweet

10's for my bolt-on ls6!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wbt
You are saying race gas is now pump gas?

You are saying e85 is race gas?

No.

That is like saying swapping rocker arms is a bolt on or putting a tune on a car is considered an internal engine modification.

No, no and no.
Congratulations are in order for your spectacular failure to grasp the smallest fraction of the extremely obvious point being made.

Your post deemed E85 to be pump gas solely because you can purchase it at fuel retailing stations in your immediate vicinity. Additionally, you specifically disqualified race fuel from any consideration because you can't purchase it at fuel retailing stations in your immediate vicinity.

Therefore, based entirely upon the method of determination set forth by you, E85 is not pump gas because I cannot purchase it at gas pumps near me, and race fuel is pump gas because I can purchase it at gas pumps near me.

Feel free to let me know of any additional difficulties in comprehension you encounter.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

very good points fruitsalad.

Originally Posted by wbt
Of course you do. Gloss over the being a fool part. It's OK. I know life is hard.

DR's are absolutely the wrong tire to run on a manual trans car. I thought you knew better. Wonder why it bogs out of the hole? Exactly why your car will never see 1.2 60' time and didn't run a 10.7. Unicorns and pixie dust.

Maybe we should also gloss over the require safety equipment needed to run 10's which adds weight to the car.

Are you also going to throw in there must be wearing long pants and driving gloves as well? SMH......

Maybe you should look into an e85 tune. Oh wait, that will require changing out your fuel system. My bad.

10's on 93 for a Coyote is nothing more than a trip to the track away. I'll take care of that next time out just for you.

I have answered every question asked and have pointed out what a blubbering fool you are in the process.
I know a dr is not the perfect tire for a m6 car. But the fact that I can drive it to and from the track and work.....even in the rain is attractive to me.

I don't drag race the car in competition. I go and play on drive-in-drag/tnt days. They let you run to 10.0's. I don't want a cage in my street car. Just think if I was as serious as you with all that butt hurt **** in your sig......It would probably run 10.5's then.

maybe you glossed over the fact that you have race brakes on a car that is likely to heavy for them......Maybe you glossed over the fact that apparently there are no coyotes m6's in the 10's n/a.....You tried to gloss over the fact that you run e85....you tried to gloss over the fact that e85 is not pump gas and even compared it to diesel.....

no you did not answer all the question but instead covered them up with more bullshit

But yet you think I am the fool enough to believe that dumb ****

Good luck getting to the 10's on 93. And yes i may as well change my fuel pump which needs it anyway to a e85 pump. I'll have to drive about a 80-90 mile round trip to get it just so I can gain that extra .2 or .3 in et and 2-3mph that is usually realized. Be a more accurate comparison with the coyotes then.....lol

Now back to the subject at hand with helping each other instead of losers like wbt, irun14 and spaz ******* up a thread.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
LOL....you're the dumbass that is errywhere. Your stupidness brought up 5gen's....and more than likely coyotes. Neither of which has a place in this thread.

Bolded to show you're errywhere.
Poor Hio... you are all over the place so much you can't remember you started the cam timing discussion 2 pages ago. Then you replied to a comment about the 5th gen that wasn't directed at you, if you didn't want to talk about them keep your mouth shut

You are a sad little man.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:07 PM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
Congratulations are in order for your spectacular failure to grasp the smallest fraction of the extremely obvious point being made.

Your post deemed E85 to be pump gas solely because you can purchase it at fuel retailing stations in your immediate vicinity. Additionally, you specifically disqualified race fuel from any consideration because you can't purchase it at fuel retailing stations in your immediate vicinity.

Therefore, based entirely upon the method of determination set forth by you, E85 is not pump gas because I cannot purchase it at gas pumps near me, and race fuel is pump gas because I can purchase it at gas pumps near me.

Feel free to let me know of any additional difficulties in comprehension you encounter.
1. I didn't bring the fuel discussion up.
2. You want to call 100 octane fuel you purchase a the local gas station pump gas. Fine by me. Don't call e85 race gas that I can also purchase at the local gas station.

That is/was my argument.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 168 Likes on 119 Posts

I would rather stay with 26" tire. That way my car changes less from track to street. But i did say a more aggressive tire and a et street is that even @ 26". The m&h guy said he would give me a deal on another set of rears cause i had trouble with their front tires if i wanted them. So i may try their cheater slicks. Do you have any experience with those?

Didn't you read my last post? If you don't have anything to contribute leave . Tired of hearing this stupid ****.

I would have to turn it harder with more gear. I am just wasting a ton of time in 1st gear. Like you i have thought of a m12 trans. I have 2 gto t56 and i think the m12 from thez06 as another. But they are all in pieces. I like the mph the 3.90's give and they still roll race good. But ultimately you want to be about outta gear at the 1,000' mark to be geared good for the 1/4. Right now i pull 4th at the 1/8 marker.

My suspension is strano springs and koni's. So not real a drag set up.

Give us some more info on your set up Slp.
Yeah you will, I used to have 4.57s in this car and could never trap over 118.5. 1st 2nd and 3rd were perfect though, thats the downfall of the mn6 gearing. I get some tire growth with the bias plys, i dont even hit my shift light which is set at 6400 at the traps. with the math ive done they grow to about 27". with 4.10s and the same tires 130mph would be 6600rpm. I think the m12 and 4.10s would probably be your best bet for the strip. Thats the setup Ive been debating on going to due to the fact the mn6 sucks out of the hole without over gearing it in 4th.

I would like to put a ported fast 102 on my car, elec water pump and race brakes in the front as well as a k member and a hood over this winter but well see what happens. with the weight loss and extra power i might be able to utilize the 4.10/m12 combo.

I am very interested in what youve done to yours to gain 30mph on the big end, that is substantial!

Last edited by SLP IROC-Z; 11-24-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:15 PM
wbt
Teching In

very good points fruitsalad.

I know a dr is not the perfect tire for a m6 car. But the fact that I can drive it to and from the track and work.....even in the rain is attractive to me.

I don't drag race the car in competition. I go and play on drive-in-drag/tnt days. They let you run to 10.0's. I don't want a cage in my street car. Just think if I was as serious as you with all that butt hurt **** in your sig......It would probably run 10.5's then.
Just like you ran a 10.7. Ifs and buts were candy and nuts.....

maybe you glossed over the fact that you have race brakes on a car that is likely to heavy for them......Maybe you glossed over the fact that apparently there are no coyotes m6's in the 10's n/a.....You tried to gloss over the fact that you run e85....you tried to gloss over the fact that e85 is not pump gas and even compared it to diesel.....
Strange brakes on the front and drive it on the street that way and have for several years. 0 issues with stopping the car.

No M6 Coyote's in the 10's? Really?
http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...Racing-ET-List

Wrong again.

e85 is 100% pump gas ******** and for the many reasons explained.

no you did not answer all the question but instead covered them up with more bullshit
Wrong again.

Good luck getting to the 10's on 93. And yes i may as well change my fuel pump which needs it anyway to a e85 pump. I'll have to drive about a 80-90 mile round trip to get it just so I can gain that extra .2 or .3 in et and 2-3mph that is usually realized. Be a more accurate comparison with the coyotes then.....lol
My car has run 11.00 in +3,100' DA on 93 with the wrong tire on the car. It would have run 10's in that same weather if I didn't have a 30" tire on the back. No need for mineshaft air here to run a number.

No worries, next time out I will run 10's on 93 and post the video for you.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

Food for thought, youre comparing a stalled automatic to a 6 speed car. No brainer there.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by wbt

Strange brakes on the front and drive it on the street that way and have for several years. 0 issues with stopping the car.

Wrong again.

Wrong again.

My car has run 11.00 in +3,100' DA on 93 with the wrong tire on the car. It would have run 10's in that same weather if I didn't have a 30" tire on the back. No need for mineshaft air here to run a number.

what DA was your 10.75?
Old 11-24-2014, 03:53 PM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by slp iroc-z
what da was your 10.75?
+1,700'
Old 11-24-2014, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wbt
1. I didn't bring the fuel discussion up.
2. You want to call 100 octane fuel you purchase a the local gas station pump gas. Fine by me. Don't call e85 race gas that I can also purchase at the local gas station.

That is/was my argument.
Neither 100 unleaded nor E85 are acceptable for categorization as "pump gas." You've misinterpreted the illustration of this premise through a related context as a claim that 100 unleaded is "pump gas."
Old 11-24-2014, 04:09 PM
wbt
Teching In

Neither 100 unleaded nor E85 are acceptable for categorization as "pump gas." You've misinterpreted the illustration of this premise through a related context as a claim that 100 unleaded is "pump gas."
No shitsalad, e85 I get at the local grocer is not race fuel. Like it or not.

VP C85 and FTW e85 are race fuels just like MS109 and C16 are.

It doesn't get more clear than that.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Stunningly moronic post. Because I can buy race fuel at multiple pumps in my immediate vicinity (in California, no less) but cannot buy E85 unless I travel 40-50 miles away, it can no longer be pump gas, according to your obsequious, yet vain and inane criteria.
No point man I've already brought that up and hr still didn't agree :/
Old 11-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Banned

Lol !!!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wbt
No shitsalad, e85 I get at the local grocer is not race fuel. Like it or not.

VP C85 and FTW e85 are race fuels just like MS109 and C16 are.

It doesn't get more clear than that.
Whiny Bitch ****,

I don't care what you call the E85 you get at the local "grocer" as long as you don't represent it as "pump gas" when comparing it to vehicles utilizing 87, 89, and 91 R+M/2 octane pump-dispensed fuels. At no point have I represented your local grocer's simple pump corn juice to be "race fuel."
Old 11-24-2014, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLP IROC-Z
Food for thought, youre comparing a stalled automatic to a 6 speed car. No brainer there.
Yep.....but since he lacks the man pedal I will assume his wee wee is small
Yeah you will, I used to have 4.57s in this car and could never trap over 118.5. 1st 2nd and 3rd were perfect though, thats the downfall of the mn6 gearing. I get some tire growth with the bias plys, i dont even hit my shift light which is set at 6400 at the traps. with the math ive done they grow to about 27". with 4.10s and the same tires 130mph would be 6600rpm. I think the m12 and 4.10s would probably be your best bet for the strip. Thats the setup Ive been debating on going to due to the fact the mn6 sucks out of the hole without over gearing it in 4th.

I would like to put a ported fast 102 on my car, elec water pump and race brakes in the front as well as a k member and a hood over this winter but well see what happens. with the weight loss and extra power i might be able to utilize the 4.10/m12 combo.

I am very interested in what youve done to yours to gain 30mph on the big end, that is substantial!
I'll pm ya back.....to much *** hurtin goin on in here for the furd guys to hold a conversation.
Originally Posted by wbt

Wrong again.

Wrong again.

Cool....so I'm 2nd fastest on the yote list but I have 4-5mph on the whole bunch. I'm ok with that.

I'll run some e85 come spring and put .2 on ya. With a 90,000 mile engine. maybe I'll even get a more appropriate stick car tire since mine is wrong. Hell I may but .3 on ya at that rate.

With those strange brakes did you drop the abs to?
Whiny Bitch ****,

I don't care what you call the E85 you get at the local "grocer" as long as you don't represent it as "pump gas" when comparing it to vehicles utilizing 87, 89, and 91 R+M/2 octane pump-dispensed fuels. At no point have I represented your local grocer's simple pump corn juice to be "race fuel."
Yep
Old 11-24-2014, 06:55 PM
wbt
Teching In

Yep.....but since he lacks the man pedal I will assume his wee wee is small

I'll pm ya back.....to much *** hurtin goin on in here for the furd guys to hold a conversation.

Cool....so I'm 2nd fastest on the yote list but I have 4-5mph on the whole bunch. I'm ok with that.
Nope. 10.95 will put you at #7 on that soon to be updated list. You didn't back up your 10.7 pass which was a bogus ET to begin with.

On the other hand I would be #2 on this list.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...1-74-bump.html

I'll run some e85 come spring and put .2 on ya. With a 90,000 mile engine. maybe I'll even get a more appropriate stick car tire since mine is wrong. Hell I may but .3 on ya at that rate.
It's all talk until it happens. You have no idea what my next plans are either.

With those strange brakes did you drop the abs to?
ABS still on all 4 corners.

Last edited by wbt; 11-24-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:03 PM
***Repost Police***

Didn't you read my last post? If you don't have anything to contribute leave . Tired of hearing this stupid ****.

Sure did. I even conveniently quoted it in my response...that you quoted.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wbt
Nope. 10.95 will put you at #7 on that soon to be updated list. You didn't back up your 10.7 pass which was a bogus ET to begin with.

On the other hand I would be #2 on this list.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...1-74-bump.html

It's all talk until it happens. You have no idea what my next plans are either.

ABS still on all 4 corners.
Oh I'm #2 on your list....and wit dat mph and little tinkering you may be #2 come spring.

You're right...it's all talk till it happens. Just like you runnin 10's on pump. Hell it's looks like the fastest coyote on pump is a ls6.....lmao

As far as I know we all have a personal best. Sometimes that best is never achieved again......sometimes you can go out and best it again. Until either happens a best only happens once typically. I'm not running for a nhra record....I'm just ******* with my dd
Old 11-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Nice job on that 10.90 run, I agree though there was something up with the beams on that other pass. Any way 10.90 is nothing to sneeze at
Hio.. even your only friend in this thread doesn't believe you went 10.7

Originally Posted by studderin
dose anyone have any idea what a 1.2 60' is like... and with a t56 car! dosnt hi ho have a 10bolt still. And its just not possible at that power level anyway. The 10.9 is impressive, but thinking the 1.2 60' 10.7 timeslip its legit, put down the crack pipe
Quoted for truth. This is a guy with a m6 car, on a radial, who would drag your *** with ease.

You never get tired of being a dumbass everywhere you go, do you?
Old 11-25-2014, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Here is one thing erryone is lacking except me spaz.....being there. The 10.1 car was about 5cars in front of me.

I've been dealing with people trying to tell me what my car can't do for years. Erryone said the clocks were of when it went 130.....then it went 131. That kinda shut them up......then it couldn't et. Not that i thought 11.0@131 was bad but some cried but but it traps like a supra. ...lol . Some of you will always have something to cry about. Now that my et and trap somewhat match it's no way your car can do that. ......always something

Quick Reply: 10's for my bolt-on ls6!!