10 Second Club Now you are haulin! 10s are sweet

10's for my bolt-on ls6!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Answer my ******* question you dumb ************. Did you not extend your shift points with the tune?

The guys with boss intakes are running them to 7500 or so. Your gonna swing the cams to get it up there. Jesus christ you're a idiot.

maybe hammer will chime in on this. I think he has a before and after vid on the tune in his brothers 5bro.
spaz is ******* retarded like usual. and he chose BAMA tunes because they're known for not playing with the cam timing.

a tune can make it rev higher than stock. an intake and tune can move your usable RPM on a 5.0 up almost 1500 rpm.

before and after intake and tune. simple pimple. it would rev even higher yet if we wanted it to.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Yea that's a pretty large difference. ....spaz is stupid.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Yea that's a pretty large difference. ....spaz is stupid.
yeah here's another thread where guys are playing with their cam timing.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ble-cam-Timing

i really think he doesn't understand much about engines. he tries to do the talk but it's vague, generic and mostly wrong.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is the source of Hios misinformation himself.

Here is another one for you, this one is from JPC.. home of the fastest street driven Coyote on the planet. Home of the 9 second sealed stock Coyote. They probably don't mess with cam timing either.

Here: http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/12/1...e-5-0l-engine/

Take note of where that motor peaks power. TiVCT cannot overcome physical restriction, you ******* retard.

Maybe next time Hio says something stupid like this:
The cam timing change increases the rpm significantly. I don't know the exact # because I don't own one.
You won't open your mouth to look just as stupid. Or maybe it's the other way around, where Hio will think twice about repeating misinformation you fed him.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Lol......you post erryone elses **** but your own. Now go the **** away.

Probably because you don't have **** but a computer.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Lol. "They probably don't mess with the cam timing".

Flaming idiot talks tough but has no clue what he's actually saying.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Launching!

You are too ******* predictable dude. You forgot the "Spaz" and "Redfire" comments too. Typical Hio with nothing to retort.

Originally Posted by big hammer
Lol. "They probably don't mess with the cam timing".

Flaming idiot talks tough but has no clue what he's actually saying.
Oh poor Hummer, to dense to see sarcasm. I know you live on a farm, but didn't realize you were inbred too.

Now that the "cam timing extends power 20 billion RPMs, derp!" theory is proven wrong.. How about you guys apologize to LS1tech for dumbing everyone down with your misinformed posting.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

Yea dude....like you give 2 ***** about ls1tech the way you constantly spout your mustang bullshit but offer none of your own dyno's......hhhmmm
Old 11-22-2014, 11:49 PM
wbt
Teching In

Your face is lol

If thought the car didn't run that it wouldn't be in my sig

Cam timing change is adjusting something that touches oil.....period. It is a internal modification
You are 100% delusional. All credibility flushed down the toilet.

Yea....cool story. We can get it done on pump and you can't.
Oh? Do you know something about my car I don't? Last I checked when I ran 10.75 it was done with fuel from the local grocery store. Thanks for playing.

We're not stuck at high 10's n/a either.
Just had a stock long block, street legal Coyote run 10.59@128 today. Somehow that doesn't add up to high 10's. We aren't stuck with swapping engines, cams, heads, valvetrain, etc. to run a number either.

The cam timing change increases the rpm significantly. I don't know the exact # because I don't own one.

So did your shift points remain stock.

i know wtf swinging the cams can do. Yes it can broaden or shorten the hp curve. Typically depending on where the cams are positioned it moves the power around if the timing of them is changed one way or another. With vvt they are in constant movement and can most certainly extend the power vs stock. Or you would leave your rev limit/shift points in the stock setting.
I tune my own car and many others. You aren't going to extend the useful RPM range of the engine with cam timing. That is the most absurd claim I have ever heard. As mentioned, the intake manifold dictates the power curve of the engine. If it doesn't support the high RPM airflow then the car isn't going to make power above the limits of the stock intake manifold regardless of what you do with the cams. I thought you were more intelligent than that. I guess not.

I think they are a bolt-on. They are however a bolt-on unique to a pushrod engine. They have been considered a bolt-on fir lt's and for old 5.0's. I can see where some want to bitch about them. But lets face it. ....it's not like changing the cam or cam timing.
Given your previous statement this one makes more sense to me now. Not sure how much more of a dumbass you can be at this point. Even your LS peers are laughing at you.

How embarrassing.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PA94Z
You are too ******* predictable dude. You forgot the "Spaz" and "Redfire" comments too. Typical Hio with nothing to retort.

Oh poor Hummer, to dense to see sarcasm. I know you live on a farm, but didn't realize you were inbred too.

Now that the "cam timing extends power 20 billion RPMs, derp!" theory is proven wrong.. How about you guys apologize to LS1tech for dumbing everyone down with your misinformed posting.
Lol You proved nothing wrong you dumb ****. All you proved is that you have no flipping clue whether a tune on a 5.0 can adjust cam timing, and you also proved that you also have absolutely zero clue what adjusting the cams independently actually does. This just furthers everyone's theory that you don't even have a car.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:56 PM
wbt
Teching In

Here is a dyno comparison on my 2011 between a stock intake and a Boss intake using the same cam timing on both. It is clear the stock intake is petering out just after 6500 with the Boss continues to make power.
Attached Thumbnails 10's for my bolt-on ls6!!-dyno_stock_boss.jpg  
Old 11-23-2014, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

We've done our own testing with vvt and locking the cams on some s52 bmw's. yes you can move the power around with cam time. Saying you can't is absurd.

So what exact fuel were you on wbt??....oh wait. here's a post from you on svt. Deceive much....lol

Banned
I converted to e85 last week.

I want to be clear about this....

It DOES NOT require any fuel system modifications for a 2011+ N/A 5.0. Saying it does is a load of crap. The stock fuel pump and injectors have no issue keeping up with the extra fuel demand.

The only thing needing a change is the tune.

Talk about losing credibility.....and being banned on top of that.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but 10.59 is still the high side of the 10's

Look...I think the 5bro is a good engine. It's no ls but at least it responds to mods unlike the previous furd junk.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 11-23-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Launching!

Yea dude....like you give 2 ***** about ls1tech the way you constantly spout your mustang bullshit but offer none of your own dyno's......hhhmmm
I just state the facts. You don't like to hear that.. it's that simple. Most of LS1tech is not brand biased like you. They can look beyond the manufacturer to appreciate more cars than GM. LS1tech is a GM site, but is filled with car enthusiasts..

Originally Posted by big hammer
Lol You proved nothing wrong you dumb ****. All you proved is that you have no flipping clue whether a tune on a 5.0 can adjust cam timing, and you also proved that you also have absolutely zero clue what adjusting the cams independently actually does. This just furthers everyone's theory that you don't even have a car.
We all know Hio is the man of the relationship, no need to act like a woman in public. Delusional.

The only people demanding proof from me is you and daddy. I think it is funny watching you guys scramble every time I point out the stupidity in your posts. It's always the same response from you guys in the end.

Originally Posted by wbt
Here is a dyno comparison on my 2011 between a stock intake and a Boss intake using the same cam timing on both. It is clear the stock intake is petering out just after 6500 with the Boss continues to make power.
These guys can't cope with the truth They falsely believe that somehow moving the cams can magically increase usable RPMs. They are to dumb to realize, the cam timing and intake manifold was used to make the motor most efficient in the RPMs Ford wanted it at. They are to stubborn to accept the high RPM potential was already there to begin with.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I think they are a bolt-on. They are however a bolt-on unique to a pushrod engine. They have been considered a bolt-on fir lt's and for old 5.0's. I can see where some want to bitch about them. But lets face it. ....it's not like changing the cam or cam timing.
I don't understand how you can say changing cam timing is an internal mod but changing rocker arms, which could provide more valve lift, is a bolt on.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:54 PM
wbt
Teching In

We've done our own testing with vvt and locking the cams on some s52 bmw's. yes you can move the power around with cam time. Saying you can't is absurd.

So what exact fuel were you on wbt??....oh wait. here's a post from you on svt. Deceive much....lol

Banned
I converted to e85 last week.

I want to be clear about this....

It DOES NOT require any fuel system modifications for a 2011+ N/A 5.0. Saying it does is a load of crap. The stock fuel pump and injectors have no issue keeping up with the extra fuel demand.

The only thing needing a change is the tune.

Talk about losing credibility.....and being banned on top of that.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but 10.59 is still the high side of the 10's

Look...I think the 5bro is a good engine. It's no ls but at least it responds to mods unlike the previous furd junk.
Last I checked e85 is pump gas purchased as the same location a person buys unleaded and diesel. Are you going to say diesel isn't pump gas as well?

Even when the facts are presented you brush it aside in favor of your own ignorance. You can't fix stupid.

You don't know the difference between low, mid or high. Stupid much?

BTW - I asked to be banned there. That forum is all about vendor protection and I do not subscribe to that bullshit.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wbt

Last I checked e85 is pump gas purchased as the same location a person buys unleaded and diesel. Are you going to say diesel isn't pump gas as well?

Even when the facts are presented you brush it aside in favor of your own ignorance. You can't fix stupid.

BTW - I asked to be banned there. That forum is all about vendor protection and I do not subscribe to that bullshit.
Well with your logic race fuel is pump gas bc i can buy that at my local gas station right next to diesel and unleaded fuel.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
I don't understand how you can say changing cam timing is an internal mod but changing rocker arms, which could provide more valve lift, is a bolt on.
It's a set of rockers dude.....it's not like the wheel was reinvented. Like I said th lt guys used them as bolt-ons and so did the fox 5.0's.
Originally Posted by wbt

So you're so much of a drama queen you asked to be banned?? LOL....ok.

That's right....diesel is not pump gas. It is diesel. If you don't believe me try to run it in your 5bro. Your 5bro did not come e85 capable....it is a mod

Are you saying your cam timing is stock?
Originally Posted by "MAC"
Well with your logic race fuel is pump gas bc i can buy that at my local gas station right next to diesel and unleaded fuel.
There you go with that logic mac.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Banned

It's a set of rockers dude.....it's not like the wheel was reinvented. Like I said th lt guys used them as bolt-ons and so did the fox 5.0's.

That's right....diesel is not pump gas. It is diesel. If you don't believe me try to run it in your 5bro. Your 5bro did not come e85 capable....it is a mod

Lol
Old 11-23-2014, 09:54 PM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by "MAC"
You can't do that here. You get e85, unleaded and diesel. Seeing as there are many factory equipped cars certified to run e85 there is no reason it should be considered anything but pump gas. Anything else is just ignorant.

Let me educate you on running e85 in a 5.0 2011-2014 Mustang.
1. You change the AFR stoich in the tune.
2. Bolt on cars (no not internal engine mods) will require 47lbs. injectors so you modify the tune for the injectors.

That is it.

Cam timing has nothing to do with it.

Cam timing isn't going to change the powerband of an engine if the intake manifold doesn't allow for it.

Don't get mad at us because we can change cam timing with a tune which requires no internal engine modifications.

Don't get mad at us because we can run 10's N/A, with all accessories, with NO INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS.

Don't get mad when you get called on the carpet with your fantasy land reasoning with whom your own peers call you out on.

Don't get mad when you make **** up, get called out for it and look like a fool.

....the list could go on and on and on and......
Old 11-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wbt

You can't do that here. You get e85, unleaded and diesel. Seeing as there are many factory equipped cars certified to run e85 there is no reason it should be considered anything but pump gas. Anything else is just ignorant.

Let me educate you on running e85 in a 5.0 2011-2014 Mustang.
1. You change the AFR stoich in the tune.
2. Bolt on cars (no not internal engine mods) will require 47lbs. injectors so you modify the tune for the injectors.

That is it.

Cam timing has nothing to do with it.

Cam timing isn't going to change the powerband of an engine if the intake manifold doesn't allow for it.

Don't get mad at us because we can change cam timing with a tune which requires no internal engine modifications.

Don't get mad at us because we can run 10's N/A, with all accessories, with NO INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS.

Don't get mad when you get called on the carpet with your fantasy land reasoning with whom your own peers call you out on.

Don't get mad when you make **** up, get called out for it and look like a fool.

....the list could go on and on and on and......
Well flip side of your argument there is more non equipped E85 cars so it shouldn't be considered pump.

Edit: i could careless either way tbh but thing is your logic was wrong so i was just showing you why it was wrong

You also need to take weight out, built trans, gears and slicks to run 10s so dont act like its simple bc if it was then everyone would be doing it. Last i checked only a handful of people are running 10s with a bolt on 5.0

Last edited by "MAC"; 11-23-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: 10's for my bolt-on ls6!!