LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

amp wiring

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default amp wiring

I know, I know, I searched, but can't seem to find what I'm lookin for. I have a 06 MCSS w/the factory amp, and 8 speaker system. what I want to do is replace it with my JL 500X5 I have sitting in my basement, I also want to install my lil W6 in the trunk aswell. I know I need to run a supply wire, I've got my 4 gauge monster cable from a previous install. The thing is I want to keep my factory head unit, speakers, and speaker wiring for now, then when I upgrade to better speakers I will run new speaker wire. So what I need to know is what wires to tap into, or maybe someone knows if there is a plug in harness so I don't have to tap into any wires? I know many of you have already done this install, I won't pay for it to be done either. I also don't want to have to buy a JL Cleansweep! So any and all help will be appreciated, T.I.A.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Try PAC's AOEM-GM24 interface. It allows you to add up to two amps to your factory radio. The PAC plugs into the head unit, while the wiring harness of the head unit plugs into the PAC. Works like a charm! Check PAC's website to see if this is the correct interface for your Monte. I got mine from Buy.com for $55 shipped.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to try to anwser what i understood of your question , so i'll start with a MONO amp for a subwoofer. Run the power wire from the battery threw the driver side of the firewall along the floor runner thats along the side of the driver seat and rear seat. Run it along the bottom of the rear seat and out the back of the fold down chair. As for your groudn cable you need to find a clear spot in the trunk and sand it down so bare metal shows and use a self tapping screw to hold your negative cable down.

--------------
Now for the power wire so your amp turns on when you turn the ignition

if the have the amp on the rear deck unplug the connect facing towards the outside of the trunk "connector closest to you if your behind the car" and its the small gauge pink wire. I'll put a picture up in a minute. If you don't have the amp then i can't help you.

Car domain resized my image and forgot that text woudln't be readable anyways the blue wire is my 12 volt to the amp just ignore it its wired into the small gauge pink/purple wire.

As for the subwoofer signal i tapped into the subwoofer wire on the rear amp

This is a diagram i found as i'm not sure of its accuracy it was correct about the power wire.

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Car Stereo Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Red/White
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: The radio harness does not provide a switched power source. Run a wire to the fusebox for switched power.
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black/White
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Violet/White
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Purple/White
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Pink
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Under the rear deck in the trunk.
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue
Left Subwoofer Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue/White (at amplifier)
Left Subwoofer Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Green/Black (at amplifier)
Right Subwoofer Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Green (at amplifier)
Right Subwoofer Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue/Black (at amplifier)

Last edited by Sint3k; 10-16-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome thank you sir!

Quick Reply: amp wiring