Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

will 36lbs injectors work on a stock ls1

Old 02-16-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will 36lbs injectors work on a stock ls1

will 36lbs injectors work on a stock to slightly modified ls1. i can get a good deal on these and want to put them in but dont know if it will hurt anything. will the engine just use what it needs or will i be pushing to much fuel into it
Old 02-16-2004, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

A good place is to Call ThunderRacing.. They might no..
what kind of price yu can get the injectors for?
Old 02-16-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A set of 36lb injectors will act like 42 lb injectors in a LS-1. It has to do with the higher pressure of the LS-1 fuel system. To answer your question, no, you can not just put them in and go. Your computer cannot compensate for a injector of that size. You would be blowing raw fuel out your tail pipes and wash out your cylinders in no time.
Old 02-16-2004, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

SO if yu got a Hypertech programer then will it work? But yu will need a better fuel pump right? My thing Is I wanted to do the same thing but I was going to replace and go with the 80mm throttle body bigger maf programmer and injectors.. would that work or not?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

I heard a stock LS1 from factory has 28lb injectors what size can yu go up to ?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
A set of 36lb injectors will act like 42 lb injectors in a LS-1. It has to do with the higher pressure of the LS-1 fuel system. To answer your question, no, you can not just put them in and go. Your computer cannot compensate for a injector of that size. You would be blowing raw fuel out your tail pipes and wash out your cylinders in no time.
i want to go with a mild cam/head setup with a ls6 intake, ported TB, roller setup, headers, and a few other small bolt ons, what would be the best size for me to go with or will these be fine if i tune the engine.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Teching In

#36 injecters will work great and get a inline pump to help the get the fuel you need. You will have to have LS1 Edit done to ensure everything is correct. Then you will not need to worry about any other mods you do including NOS. The engine will only use what it needs.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This topic should really be in the fuel section.

Here is some short advice. If it aint broke, don’t fix it. Those injectors you are looking at may not be the right impedance for the LS1 PCM in the first place and that’s going to be a total waste of money for you.

When your tuner is starting to run out of fuel with your up and coming modifications then the first thing you should look at is the fuel pressure. If it maintains around 50-60psi the delivery system is fine. However if your injector pulse width is getting close to 17+ milliseconds then and only then it is time to move towards a larger injector. Work out which is the best injector for you after you see the problem.

Cheers
Old 02-17-2004, 05:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well said plan B
Old 02-17-2004, 05:58 AM
TECH Resident

Adding more fuel will not make more power, unless you've been modding. Modding enough to push the stockers to their limit. You can always buy them for when you do need them. But I wouldn't put them in on a stock motor. Why use more gas than you need to?

A Hypertech is great if you are relatively stock, maybe a couple of bolt-ons, but for anything more serious than that, get LS1-Edit or one of the other new programs, like the one from HPTuners.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Plan B
This topic should really be in the fuel section.

Here is some short advice. If it aint broke, don’t fix it. Those injectors you are looking at may not be the right impedance for the LS1 PCM in the first place and that’s going to be a total waste of money for you.

When your tuner is starting to run out of fuel with your up and coming modifications then the first thing you should look at is the fuel pressure. If it maintains around 50-60psi the delivery system is fine. However if your injector pulse width is getting close to 17+ milliseconds then and only then it is time to move towards a larger injector. Work out which is the best injector for you after you see the problem.

Cheers

ok but i dont have any stock injectors i am doing a v6 swap and all i have is the engine with no fuel rail and no asserorys so i am having to buy everything, and i do not want to have to buy twice why not just get it right the first time? what size injector do you recomend so that i am not going to be wasting money
Old 02-17-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.texas-speed.com has 28.8 injectors, and fuel rail for $60 plus shipping.

can't really beat that deal.

Ryan.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will 36lbs injectors work on a stock ls1