11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Soooo close but not quite

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Soooo close but not quite

Car was running sooo good this weekend due to the cooler air just couldnt get traction to save my life. My MT DRs just wanna break loose & spin with just the slightest amount of rpm, I know 11s would be no problem with some slicks but not gonna be able to swing that this year. I usually run the DRs at 17 psi, lowered them to 13 psi & still couldnt hook better than a 1.94 60 time. Back in Aug. I actually got some decent 60s(1.7) but its cooler & thats a factor. I have been going to Lapeer & I dont think there track prep hasnt been the greatest as others have said they couldnt hook. I usually run it full weight but this time just removed the spare. I did run a PB trap speed of 119 pretty much all day though. Heres a few pics of the car, on one of my runs I got some fireworks while shifting. Pretty sure thats from the 2 step, it only happened a few times. This was the 3rd track outing trying to get into the 11s with this car & setup, a lil frustrating to be this close always ending the day with a 12.06 PB but I think I am gonna remove the back seats also before my next trip.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not cool that you got the fireworks but that pic is cool

Quick Reply: Soooo close but not quite