11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

11's before winter tear down

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 11's before winter tear down

I wanted to run in the 11's before winter. I smoked my Z06 clutch today before hitting my goal and parked the car. After an hour of cool down I decided to just let it rip one last time and she will either blow or go. Well, I dumped the clutch at 4,000 rpm and she slipped but held on just good enough to get me an 11.90 at 117.79.

Time to research clutches.

Old 11-09-2013, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Good run man...my incrementals are pretty similar to yours
1.78 60, 7.77 @ 92.88, 9.98 1000, 11.87 @ 119.85
I'm looking into the Monster stage 2 clutch w/18lb FW
and the Tick master since my last outing the factory clutch
seemed to lock me outta 2nd and trashed the syncro....
grinds goin' into 2nd at any prm now...
Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man, Good meeting you Saturday. I was in the White TA, wish we could have gotten another run in! You will have to let me know when you get your new clutch in so we can run again. Here is a video from my passes, GoPro died before our run.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

It was great fun running you and meeting you, I am so glad my clutch held up good enough for a couple additional passes until my son borrowed my QTP's. I'd love to hook up again sometime. Now I have to figure out which clutch set up I need. I thought the z06 clutch would have held up better. I am leaning toward a monster. What do you run and how do you utilize the two step for shifting?
Old 11-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by high impact
It was great fun running you and meeting you, I am so glad my clutch held up good enough for a couple additional passes until my son borrowed my QTP's. I'd love to hook up again sometime. Now I have to figure out which clutch set up I need. I thought the z06 clutch would have held up better. I am leaning toward a monster. What do you run and how do you utilize the two step for shifting?
I run the Monster Stage 3 and love it. Has held up well for me with over 2 seasons of abuse. I run a Lingenfelter LNC-2000 for my 2-step which also has the ability to do WOT shifting (no lift shifting) which I have not mastered yet. At this moment I do not utilize no lift shifts but the Lingenfelter piece has the option for it. I mostly use it for the 2-step feature and also used it to pull timing when the car was on nitrous and will be using it to pull timing under boost after the winter build.

Would love to meet up again soon - Love great races such as ours!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

You're gonna boost! Jealous. I will be spraying after winter. Boost is a couple years off for me. I am leaning toward monster. I already have an adjustable master, is the monster decent on the street?
Old 11-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by high impact
You're gonna boost! Jealous. I will be spraying after winter. Boost is a couple years off for me. I am leaning toward monster. I already have an adjustable master, is the monster decent on the street?
I won't lie, it is very "on/off," on the street but it grabs on the track great. And for what it is, it does well enough on the street.

Yea I had nitrous last year and decided to go boost this winter/early spring. I have a stock master so yours very well may be easier to drive on the street. I wouldn't second guess Monster - I love mine.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Stage 3 is on/off but it does grab and honestly isn't hard to get used to. I will admit once in a while after driving my DD for a while and not the car I tend to stall it out once lol, but it is a good clutch. I'd recommend it.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

I installed a stage three monster clutch and can't wait to get back to the track to see what this thing is capable of. I addressed a couple other things over the winter also. I guess I got bored. lol Here's the build thread:https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ous-build.html
Old 06-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Very close to the time i ran this was a sac right?
Old 06-01-2014, 02:30 PM
10 Second Club

This was at No Limits in Morroco Indiana. I changed the build quite a bit this year and look forward to seeing what she does this year N/A and then on spray

Quick Reply: 11's before winter tear down