11.353@118 - LS1TECH

Log In 


11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

11.353@118

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2005, 07:27 PM   #1
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
White2000TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 335
Default 11.353@118

Well I finally made the 11 second club. I replaced almost everything except the shortblock. Big items to mention are AFR 205s and the G5X3. LG was awesome in helping get this combination working. We still have some tuning to do (specifically the shift points) but 11.3s isnt so bad.

I would like to thank louis@lg motorsports, Tech for the tuning, and Tom Cody for the assembly.

below is a video of the run

http://durhamcons.com/NFME/1135memphis.wmv

Timeslip Link

http://www.acinfo.org/mike/timeslip11353001.jpg

Last edited by White2000TA; 05-10-2005 at 01:55 PM.
White2000TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
11 Second Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cave Springs, GA
Posts: 215
Default

Nice! Do ya have any dyno numbers with the H&C yet?
EvilLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
White2000TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 335
Default




Video

http://www.acinfo.org/mike/Dyno_2005.wmv

Not bad with a 4400 stall
White2000TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:54 PM   #4
11 Second Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cave Springs, GA
Posts: 215
Thumbs up

Not bad at all!
EvilLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 11:42 PM   #5
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
White2000TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilLS1
Not bad at all!

yeah and it weighs 3750 with me in it So if i diet we should see some better times
White2000TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #6
10 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
PewterZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St.Louis, MO
Posts: 1,088
Default

Congrats again Mike. I see 11.1x's this fall after you raise the shifts and work out the bugs.
PewterZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #7
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: belleville IL
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White2000TA
yeah and it weighs 3750 with me in it So if i diet we should see some better times
Have you really weighed it or is that just a guess?
TA2SLOW346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #8
10 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
White2000TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA2SLOW346
Have you really weighed it or is that just a guess?
Offically weighed at a truck scale. 3500 lbs
White2000TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:21 PM   #9
10 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
PewterZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St.Louis, MO
Posts: 1,088
Default

"98 TA soon to be STL, MO. cam only record holder."

Is that a challenge? I hope you plan on running mid 10's cam only. Nitrous doesn't count.
PewterZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:45 PM   #10
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: belleville IL
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewterZ28
"98 TA soon to be STL, MO. cam only record holder."

Is that a challenge? I hope you plan on running mid 10's cam only. Nitrous doesn't count.
Derrick we shall see there buddy. Sending you a PM too.
TA2SLOW346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #11
10 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
PewterZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St.Louis, MO
Posts: 1,088
Default

You had a set of your home ported heads on the car last year, why would you want to take them off? And your motor certainly hasn't been at Peak Performance for three years getting a cam installed. Plus we all know you're a crack head. Cam only just doesn't make much sense for you. It would be like telling a lion not to chase a baby buffalo. You should just keep your ported heads on the car and whatever Peak Performance did for you. Just my opinion. But if you're hell bent on downgrading to cam only then that's cool. I'd love to line em up with you. PM has been replied to.
PewterZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #12
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (6)
 
bad0211secws6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: mayville,mi
Posts: 331
Default

not to hijack your thread but im also looking to hit 11's without my nitrous.
times are in my sig im at 115mph does anyone know approximately how much additional hp is needed for each mph gained? by the way hows the driveability of that g5x3?
bad0211secws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #13
11 Second Club
 
blkZ28spt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The South
Posts: 5,520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad0211secws6
not to hijack your thread but im also looking to hit 11's without my nitrous.
times are in my sig im at 115mph does anyone know approximately how much additional hp is needed for each mph gained? by the way hows the driveability of that g5x3?
All you need is traction. I ran 12.2 @ 111, for example. (though I had problems )
blkZ28spt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #14
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: belleville IL
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewterZ28
You had a set of your home ported heads on the car last year, why would you want to take them off? And your motor certainly hasn't been at Peak Performance for three years getting a cam installed. Plus we all know you're a crack head. Cam only just doesn't make much sense for you. It would be like telling a lion not to chase a baby buffalo. You should just keep your ported heads on the car and whatever Peak Performance did for you. Just my opinion. But if you're hell bent on downgrading to cam only then that's cool. I'd love to line em up with you. PM has been replied to.
Damn derrick dont get so pissed or do you feel threated by me???? I'm gonna show a few people in STL how to run with a stock long block. just to set the record straight i ran 11.32 4 years ago with a 3600 stall and 342s with a 212 cam and mail order tune. Also thru macs and a borla at 3440lbs and some junk heads that only flowed 10cfm more then stock, so imagine what im gonna do now when i start trying. Also derrick mine wont be a th350 with a none streetable 5000 plus stall, i'll still drive it to GIR with my 200r4 trans. Best of luck to you if you think you can hang. And if you want to say i'm spraying when the car comes out, better have your wallet ready cuz i'll place a bet with you that it wont have a bottle on it, how about betting cars. You find a bottle on mine i'll give you my car, if you dont find a bottle then i get yours!!!!!!!
Later Shawn
TA2SLOW346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #15
10 Second Club
iTrader: (1)
 
PewterZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St.Louis, MO
Posts: 1,088
Default



Whoa! You've totally mis read my post. Where did I give any indication that I was pissed? All I said was I don't understand why you would want to go from a heads/cam car with a forged bottom end and spray to a cam only set up? Your car has been out of commission a long time trying to get your setup right and now all the sudden you want to run cam only? That's taking a huge step backwards while most people try to go the other way. And no I don't feel threatend, quite the opposite. I'm flattered that you want to beat my times. Since I'm the current cam only STL record holder your sig basically says "soon to be faster than Derrick" does it not? That's why I thought your sig was so funny.

And for the record every time certain people accused you of spraying I have always defended you. Back when you were running mid 11's cam only there were a few people who were 100% sure you were spraying but I set them straight because I know what these cars can do and I know what you can do with these cars. Don't get so defensive right away. I'm cool with you and I look forward to the competition. It has been kind of boring at the drag strip with no one to run against. Now we can go head to head and have some fun.

Last edited by PewterZ28; 05-12-2005 at 10:28 PM.
PewterZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:13 AM   #16
11 Second Club
 
Kolk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Alton IL
Posts: 176
Default

Good times.
Kolk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 06:01 AM   #17
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: belleville IL
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewterZ28


Whoa! You've totally mis read my post. Where did I give any indication that I was pissed? All I said was I don't understand why you would want to go from a heads/cam car with a forged bottom end and spray to a cam only set up? Your car has been out of commission a long time trying to get your setup right and now all the sudden you want to run cam only? That's taking a huge step backwards while most people try to go the other way. And no I don't feel threatend, quite the opposite. I'm flattered that you want to beat my times. Since I'm the current cam only STL record holder your sig basically says "soon to be faster than Derrick" does it not? That's why I thought your sig was so funny.

And for the record every time certain people accused you of spraying I have always defended you. Back when you were running mid 11's cam only there were a few people who were 100% sure you were spraying but I set them straight because I know what these cars can do and I know what you can do with these cars. Don't get so defensive right away. I'm cool with you and I look forward to the competition. It has been kind of boring at the drag strip with no one to run against. Now we can go head to head and have some fun.
Cool
TA2SLOW346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #18
9 Second Club
iTrader: (25)
 
RedHatRdRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Alabama
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad0211secws6
hows the driveability of that g5x3?

Its very good with a good tune, there is a guy running a 9.5 with a stock longblock and a G5X3 on 150shot from chi town

I love my G5X3 thanks lou

Bryan
RedHatRdRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #19
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,042
Default

Happy to help. Didn't know you posted this here.
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.