11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

Fastest type of street car

Old 07-30-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fastest type of street car

I figure that the fastest street car would be in the 11's because anything else would probably not hook well. As I research I find that almost (except nitrous) every route to 11's cost nearly the same when done. What is the fastest type of STREET car? nitrous, cam and heads, turbo, or charger. Rank them with some data.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Well, I am in the 11's stock internal. Cost me about $2500 in mods to do it, and it is very streetable. I have seen heads cam cars that are very streetable in the low 11's/high 10's. If I sprayed my car it might be close to 10's. Nitrous is a good way to go because it is only there when you want it, otherwise it is not noticable. I am happy with my 11 sec stock internal car though. Supercharger and turbo is a whole 'nother ball game.

Ed
Old 07-30-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you wanna be "street" fast you gotta trap 120 mph +, if you wanna be 11's track fast you just need some a bigass stall and some slick (assuming A4)
Old 07-31-2005, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The fastest street cars are definitely not in the 11's. Around here they run 8's and trap 150mph.

To answer your question, turbo is the best route IMO. The mph will be insane because of the power they make. MPH is what makes a deadly street car. Traction of course is a requirement too.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
The fastest street cars are definitely not in the 11's. Around here they run 8's and trap 150mph.

I don't meet many street cars around here that can hang with my car, sounds like you guys have a wild bunch! But yep, 11's in an F-body is no big deal anymore, in fact, that is considered slow on easternfbody.

Ed
Old 08-01-2005, 06:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
if you wanna be "street" fast you gotta trap 120 mph +, if you wanna be 11's track fast you just need some a bigass stall and some slick (assuming A4)
I agree on this one.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213

The 8 second rides use the "street car" term pretty loosely. How many can actually daily drive that car or hit a 1,500 mile road trip? Yeah......of course someone's brother's, friend's, uncle has one but in reality a 10 or 11 second street car is pretty quick.

Once you get down into the 9's or faster I think it becomes more of a "drag car" that you can take on the street. Not something you want to depend on if it's your only vehicle or drive cross country in.

Just my opinion though.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

Mines a very easily streetable mid 11 second F body. With my setup I try to avoid towns after dark as it is very loud, but other than that, very easily drivable and streetable, and long trip worthy.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jay_99z
The 8 second rides use the "street car" term pretty loosely. How many can actually daily drive that car or hit a 1,500 mile road trip? Yeah......of course someone's brother's, friend's, uncle has one but in reality a 10 or 11 second street car is pretty quick.

Once you get down into the 9's or faster I think it becomes more of a "drag car" that you can take on the street. Not something you want to depend on if it's your only vehicle or drive cross country in.

Just my opinion though.

Agreed, anyone who says they have a 8 or 9 sec street car is not really being honest and is probly trying to sneak there way in the Street class at the track. sure you can drive it on the street, but will it pass inspection? Over 15mpg? Like Jay asked, can it make a 1,500 mile trip? Most likey not, and i'll even bet that if there are cars out there like that, theres no more than a handfull and are far and few between. 11's are more common, but you still dont see them everyday, ive been the fastest street car in my town for over a year (im talkin daily driven here) in a town with 40,000 people. Ive yet to be beat (knock on wood) on the streets, where im from 11's are mighty good, i know 2 cars that run low 10's one is streetable and he drives it everyother bluemoon and hes spanked me once at the track. But as for what im saying, show me the economy in the 9 second DAILY DRIVEN car and we can judge from there.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

see sig..........

my traps i could be in teh deeeeep 11s.......damm m6 and me to scared and poor to break something.

MY car is very streetable.......in fact, while im tearing my GTP down, ive been driving to and from work 80 miles round trip for a month and a half...

gas suck though.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jessedale98
But as for what im saying, show me the economy in the 9 second DAILY DRIVEN car and we can judge from there.
Economy has nothing to do with this.

If you can and DO drive it on the street, it's a street car. Period. I can even understand a street car that is trailored to the track in case something breaks. Just because it comes on a trailor that doesn't necessarily make it a "trailer queen", IMO.

However, most people who talk about how fast their street car is probably don't put any miles on it on the street. My only car and daily driver 24/7 runs an 11.9. Maybe once I get heads, fast 90/90, forged internals and nitrous I'll be able to claim that I have a truly fast street car.

It's not too hard to have a true street, daily drivable LS1 powered F-body that runs strong 10's. Just takes work, patience and, of course, lots of money.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:58 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can have a 1000RWHP street car with a turbo. A buddy of mine had a 306in Mustang that was an stock type suspension, stock wheel openings. It would run 8.80's on pump gas, and 7.9's on race gas. But, thats what a 106MM will do for you.

If you don't believe you can have a 800-1000RWHP street car, go visit the Supra forum. Lots of folks with big HP on the street there. Folks like PeterB, SW, etc...
Old 08-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Yea its true to have a daily driven 9 second car. Heres some proof.

http://home.comcast.net/~deezuns/

This car is rediculous. Make sure you watch the videos. HAHA mustangs launch on him then the turbo spools and its all over.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:33 PM
9 Second Club

Nice vids.... I am not sure what mine will run on current setup, I will find out next week. I am sure I will be well into the 11's gonna have to learn how to get to 10's with slicks and my M6. As for a faster street car in my 110,000 person town.... I havent seen one.

I define street car as legit register, and something that you will bump into on the street or at a meet.. not something that you have to back off a trailer to run. The strip is about a 30Min drive from where I live....
Old 08-25-2005, 03:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by J-Rod
You can have a 1000RWHP street car with a turbo. A buddy of mine had a 306in Mustang that was an stock type suspension, stock wheel openings. It would run 8.80's on pump gas, and 7.9's on race gas. But, thats what a 106MM will do for you.

If you don't believe you can have a 800-1000RWHP street car, go visit the Supra forum. Lots of folks with big HP on the street there. Folks like PeterB, SW, etc...
supras are dyno queens, and dont run the ETs that there Hp suggest. IMO
Old 08-25-2005, 10:51 PM
...with cheese.

I disagree... ^
Old 08-26-2005, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Armageddon
I disagree... ^
Why do you disagree with that? I too believe that supras very rarely run an ET the correlates to their dyno output or trap speed.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Teching In

10s that you can cruise around for a couple hours making the rounds and banging a couple runs afterwards before heading home are real street cars. I'm talking one fillup at Amoco- not a trailer, fuel cans and a crew. There are no 8 or 9 second cars in Detroit or anywhere else that do this. Those 8 and 9 second cars are race cars that meet certain "street" class rules, not real street cars. 10s is about the limit for real street.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by -db-
10s that you can cruise around for a couple hours making the rounds and banging a couple runs afterwards before heading home are real street cars. I'm talking one fillup at Amoco- not a trailer, fuel cans and a crew. There are no 8 or 9 second cars in Detroit or anywhere else that do this. Those 8 and 9 second cars are race cars that meet certain "street" class rules, not real street cars. 10s is about the limit for real street.
You may be surprised with some of what is out there. I'll leave it at that.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
You may be surprised with some of what is out there. I'll leave it at that.
Surprised about what? I've been out there, all across America, and have seen what goes down. Houston, Chicago, whatever. Fact is there are no 8 or 9-second cars that some guy alone fires up out of his garage, fills up, swings by to pick up a pal and then goes leisurely cruising around for an hour or more like a normal person, maybe grabs a bite to eat somewhere, cruises some more and then gets a late-night run or three in before driving back home like it's no big deal. That's a real street car.

10 to 13-second cars can do this nightly every day of the week. 8 and 9-second cars are trailered or drive a maximum of 3 miles to a "spot" once a month, make 1 or 2 runs and then are trailered or hurried back home before they stall.

Cars in the 8s or 9s cannot cruise and ability to cruise is a definite requirement for any kind of real street car. 'Nuff said.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fastest type of street car