Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

car is making creaking sound on the rear.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default car is making creaking sound on the rear.

My car is making a creaking sound on the rear, while low speed, over bump, go uneven street. or if go where the gas tank cap area, and try to push it, it making creaking sound coming from the brake area ( im not sure ). any body have any ideal ? thanks
Old 05-27-2009, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is it all stock back there?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lower Control Arms, sway bar bushings, panhard bar bushings. They all make the noise
Old 05-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Launching!

If you've changed anything with your spare tire recently, it can easily be rubbinng on the metal. Mine has done that, and its an easy fix.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

and remember is you choose to put ROD ENDS instead of poly bushings its gonna creek and rattle like a ****!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here a few ideas!

Originally Posted by Joshiedoom
Lower Control Arms, sway bar bushings, panhard bar bushings. They all make the noise
Hello
He's right! When the bushings start to dry out they start to squeak/clunk. If you look into it I am sure that is what it is. Either time for new bushings or just upgrade to newer lower control arms and pan hard bar with grease able bushings so that will eliminate this problem! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help! And I figured I would put a link below to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer as far as rear end packages!

http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=138

Thanks
Brad
Old 05-27-2009, 07:22 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
He's right! When the bushings start to dry out they start to squeak/clunk. If you look into it I am sure that is what it is. Either time for new bushings or just upgrade to newer lower control arms and pan hard bar with grease able bushings so that will eliminate this problem! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help! And I figured I would put a link below to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer as far as rear end packages!

http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=138

Thanks
Brad
and..... thats why I buy UMI LCAs cured my noise but I have a wierd thud sound I relate to other problems. Its only a matter of cash now.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
is it all stock back there?
Yes it all stock back their, front too. you guy is very making sense, what is different from Non-Ajustable Panhard Bar Kit and Adjustable Lower Control Arms and Panhard Bar Kit ? my car mostly is for daily drive.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Glad that you like the products! And thanks again for the business.

Hello
Seeing how it is a daily driver and it is stock ride height (correct)...? You will be fine with non adjustable parts! But if you are planing on lowering the vehicle or going with a bigger wheel you will need adjustable parts, doing so will allow you recenter the rear end or the wheel. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 05-27-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if it sounds like its coming from the brakes, first thing i'd check would be the lower control arms. at least whenever they made noise for me, it always seemed like it was coming from there. make sure your bolts are on tight. if they're not loose and your bushings are shot... might as well upgrade your lower control arms.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:28 PM

Don't forget about the shock in that location too. Could be worn out.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by killagt
My car is making a creaking sound on the rear, while low speed, over bump, go uneven street. or if go where the gas tank cap area, and try to push it, it making creaking sound coming from the brake area ( im not sure ). any body have any ideal ? thanks
Mine was doing the same thing and like to have never found it, But i did , It was the upper shock tower ,shock bushings was worn and making the shock stud rub on the body, the sound was traveling thew the shock witch is right behind the brakes. Changed the bushings and no more noise
Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Its your rear end, but dont be scared you just need to change the fluid. Get it changed out with synthetic and gm posi fluid and it will cure this. Same thing just happend to me.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97knightrider
Its your rear end, but dont be scared you just need to change the fluid. Get it changed out with synthetic and gm posi fluid and it will cure this. Same thing just happend to me.
rear end make noise even the car is not moving ?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Bro my car is making the same exact sound at low speeds on bumpy roads sounds like a creek its really annoying. Just bought new sway bars put them on and when i took off my tires to check if it was my bushings they were tightened so hard that the bushings are misshaped i think i should just buy all new sway bar bushings. Dont think my case is the grease i think it could be my bushings what do you guys think?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

my rear LCA bushings were shot, and made all kinds of noise, some moog bushings ($55 or so from the autoparts store) and it's better than new back there. (1le style full rubber vs the waffled stock stuff)

While I was back there, i did replace the swaybar end links, and swaybar mount brackets with poly pieces, and inspected the panhard bar bushings, they looked fine. My bilsteins only have 15K miles on them, so the mounts for them are fine.

Ryan

Quick Reply: car is making creaking sound on the rear.