11's so close but so far away - LS1TECH

Log In 


12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

11's so close but so far away

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
boostednismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South GA
Posts: 242
Default 11's so close but so far away

Well my goal for the car was a 11 sec Stock Internal time slip. Previous best was a 1.71 7.76@88.68 12.21@110.36. I added a UDP, removed the front sway bar(already unhooked) and added some 15x3.5 Welds up front.
First Pass
1.73 7.73@90.0 12.13@111.9
Second Pass
1.70 7.67@90.36 12.03@112.69
Third Pass
1.72 7.69@90.03 12.08@112.08
Fourth Pass
Transmission goes out. Car won't shift at WOT. So time for a built trans and going with a Yank SS4000.
DA was around +500 at the time of the runs.
Video of my runs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Key_PP1ScuI

Full Video from the day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jDB4Th94M
boostednismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
12 Second Club
 
Fast T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 265
Default

I know the feeling, i feel the same way im so close to 11s that its not funny. I ran a 1201 at 114 mph. Now i have to wate tell next summer.
Fast T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
12 Second Club
 
Fast T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 265
Default

Nice past bro.
Fast T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
TECH Addict
iTrader: (21)
 
blk/slvr02ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Port Saint Lucie,Florida
Posts: 2,773
Default

U should pull 1.5's w/a Yank SS4000 and well into the 11's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blk/slvr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
12 Second Club
 
Fast T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 265
Default

Thats tru.
Fast T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
boostednismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South GA
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast T View Post
I know the feeling, i feel the same way im so close to 11s that its not funny. I ran a 1201 at 114 mph. Now i have to wate tell next summer.
Yeah I didn't expect to get that without better weather.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss View Post
U should pull 1.5's w/a Yank SS4000 and well into the 11's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats what I'm hoping for.
boostednismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
TECH Resident
iTrader: (37)
 
Mike Morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Md/PA/FL
Posts: 949
Default

Sorry about your trans....You will do it. Took me a few months but it was worth it
Mike Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
9 Second Club
iTrader: (11)
 
Carter01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Ga
Posts: 1,822
Default

Congrats Bobby, your car was hauling brother!!! If your tranny had not let go you would have went 11s in jan with that -1500 DA we get. Either way, with the new SS4000 be prepared to see some air under the front tires and nice 11sec slip!
Carter01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
boostednismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South GA
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Morris View Post
Sorry about your trans....You will do it. Took me a few months but it was worth it
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter01 View Post
Congrats Bobby, your car was hauling brother!!! If your tranny had not let go you would have went 11s in jan with that -1500 DA we get. Either way, with the new SS4000 be prepared to see some air under the front tires and nice 11sec slip!
Thanks. I'm surprised it didn't lift them this time with the Welds up front. It did with the full size rims when I can my 12.21. But I was getting a little bit of wheel spin also.
boostednismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
Restricted User
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostednismo View Post
Well my goal for the car was a 11 sec Stock Internal time slip. Previous best was a 1.71 7.76@88.68 12.21@110.36. I added a UDP, removed the front sway bar(already unhooked) and added some 15x3.5 Welds up front.
First Pass
1.73 7.73@90.0 12.13@111.9
Second Pass
1.70 7.67@90.36 12.03@112.69
Third Pass
1.72 7.69@90.03 12.08@112.08
Fourth Pass
Transmission goes out. Car won't shift at WOT. So time for a built trans and going with a Yank SS4000.
DA was around +500 at the time of the runs.
Video of my runs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Key_PP1ScuI

Full Video from the day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jDB4Th94M
How many miles did you have on ur car/tranny when it went out?
z99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
boostednismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South GA
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z99ls1 View Post
How many miles did you have on ur car/tranny when it went out?
137,000 had about 10K on the converter and cooler.
boostednismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #12
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
TheBlueKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 1,982
Default

Very nice times! You will definetly be in the 11's after the refreshed tranny and stall. Do you think the Fast Toys Ram air or Chris1313 ram air would have pushed you into the 11's?
TheBlueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 AM   #13
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
boostednismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South GA
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight View Post
Very nice times! You will definetly be in the 11's after the refreshed tranny and stall. Do you think the Fast Toys Ram air or Chris1313 ram air would have pushed you into the 11's?
Thanks. Yeah from the results I have seen on here it would have help me get into the 11's on those passes.
boostednismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #14
10 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
TTA850's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 131
Default

Nice runs, stock gears?
TTA850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #15
11 Second Club
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
boostednismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South GA
Posts: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTA850 View Post
Nice runs, stock gears?
Thanks yeah stock 3.23's
boostednismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
close, quotes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.