12.58 @ 114.98 - LS1TECH

Log In 


12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

12.58 @ 114.98

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default 12.58 @ 114.98

I took my 2002 camaro z28 to the track 1-21-11 for the first time and had major traction issues but still managed to run a 12.58. i'll be back up there next friday to try and lower my time.

whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Restricted User
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****-hey View Post
I took my 2002 camaro z28 to the track 1-21-11 for the first time and had major traction issues but still managed to run a 12.58. i'll be back up there next friday to try and lower my time.

What are your mods?
z99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

bought the car as is. I can't remember the size of the cam

cam, FLP long tubes, and comp 918 springs.

eibach sport line springs
umi adj lca
umi adj panhard and panhard relocation bar
umi tunnel mount adj tq arm
new poly tranny mount bushing, and prolly about to do poly motor mounts
pro 5.0 shifter
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Launching!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 199
Default

Your 60ft and 1/8th really reflect your traction issues.

Decent set of rear tires with your mph your 1/8th should be high 7s and 1/4 should be 11s if not low 12s.
David21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:10 PM   #5
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David21 View Post
Your 60ft and 1/8th really reflect your traction issues.

Decent set of rear tires with your mph your 1/8th should be high 7s and 1/4 should be 11s if not low 12s.
Yeah i know i should be up there but it was 28 degrees and i didn't take out enough air pressure. I have the nitto NTO5r drag radials but if I don't lower my 60 ft friday i am going to have to go with some mickey's
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (1)
 
WS6sleeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 562
Default

One helluva blast up top!
WS6sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS6sleeper View Post
One helluva blast up top!
yeah i ran some pretty quick truck and he was up by a car and a half up to the 1/8 mile and i hat 3rd and sucked his *** in. I got video but my friend needs to upload it to youtube. i'll post it when its up.
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Restricted User
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,794
Default

what size tire is it? 245, 275, or 315?
z99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #9
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z99ls1 View Post
what size tire is it? 245, 275, or 315?
315 35 r17
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #10
Launching!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 199
Default

Gotcha well I look forward to seeing what you can really do.

I love my M/T et street radials
David21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David21 View Post
Gotcha well I look forward to seeing what you can really do.

I love my M/T et street radials
a guy at the track kept on recommending them to me so I think ima go to a local M/T dealer first week of feburary. but first ima drop the tire pressure to 15 friday. I was at 20. if it doesn't budge then ima go with the mickey's
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #12
Launching!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****-hey View Post
a guy at the track kept on recommending them to me so I think ima go to a local M/T dealer first week of feburary. but first ima drop the tire pressure to 15 friday. I was at 20. if it doesn't budge then ima go with the mickey's
Be sure get a vid!

My mickeys stuck so well my posi went out on my 71 olds lol upgrade time
David21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #13
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David21 View Post
Be sure get a vid!

My mickeys stuck so well my posi went out on my 71 olds lol upgrade time
i'll get the vids up asap. i don't want to break my stuff but ima build the rear end with in the month so i guess that wouldn't bother me lol
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #14
Launching!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****-hey View Post
i'll get the vids up asap. i don't want to break my stuff but ima build the rear end with in the month so i guess that wouldn't bother me lol
Breaking is racing lol. Happens no matter what when you race your car enough.

I put around 60-100 passes on a "rebuilt" olds 10 bolt rearend I've had since 05. I planned to do gears this year anyway lol
David21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #15
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David21 View Post
Breaking is racing lol. Happens no matter what when you race your car enough.

I put around 60-100 passes on a "rebuilt" olds 10 bolt rearend I've had since 05. I planned to do gears this year anyway lol
yeah my girl says that these things are just toys that happen to cost thousands of dollars lol
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:36 PM   #16
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Here is the link to the video my friend recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIsCl_h2vhc
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #17
Restricted User
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,794
Default

Wow those tires didn't look that good at all. How old are they and how much tread do they have left?
z99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #18
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z99ls1 View Post
Wow those tires didn't look that good at all. How old are they and how much tread do they have left?
I bought the car 1-4-11 and they came with the car. the previous owner had put these on maybe 4 months back and the car sat in his driveway most of the time. I bought it off of a friend, but Ima give them one more go friday then im gonna have to get some mickey's if they still don't grab. it was extremely cold so that may play a small part in it but i doubt it. You can hear that I even scretch going into second slightly.
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:46 AM   #19
Restricted User
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****-hey View Post
I bought the car 1-4-11 and they came with the car. the previous owner had put these on maybe 4 months back and the car sat in his driveway most of the time. I bought it off of a friend, but Ima give them one more go friday then im gonna have to get some mickey's if they still don't grab. it was extremely cold so that may play a small part in it but i doubt it. You can hear that I even scretch going into second slightly.
What rpm do you launch from?
z99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #20
Teching In
Thread Starter
 
whore-hey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z99ls1 View Post
What rpm do you launch from?
I was idling at 2000 at the line and on green id slip the clutch then give it some gas. there is one vid that my friend didn't send me that I was just fish tailing on the line when I tried launching at 3000. that was my first run.
whore-hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
closer, ive, lievd, ls1tech, todanger, whorehey

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.