Results from weight reduction. 12.0xx - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > RACING DEPARTMENT > 12 Second Club
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

Results from weight reduction. 12.0xx

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #1
10 Second Club
 
senicalj4579's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 40
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,047
Default Results from weight reduction. 12.0xx

Back when I did this http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/12-sec...my-ss3600.html the DA was -1124 and car was full weight.
Tonight the DA was 616, 560, 503, and -17 for the 4 passes that I hooked. With the weight reduction http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-r...ts-inside.html times improved just a little even in worse DA. The car is without a doubt faster. 60's were better.

Heres the slip from full weight car in -1124 DA
Click the image to open in full size.

Heres the best slip from tonight same car with weight reduction 503 DA
Click the image to open in full size.

The other 3 slips were pretty much the same. All high 1.6xx 60's, all 12.0xxs, and all 111.x mph.
I was kinda suprised I did not get a 11 sec slip with the last pass but for whatever reason the times were just about the same through the whole night reguardless of DA.
__________________

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~FLT4 Trans~Circle-D 1E4K Stall~Motive 3.73~Toyo TQ DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~SMG Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584

Last edited by senicalj4579; 06-04-2011 at 10:03 AM..
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
TECH Resident
 
philsblwnz28's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 10
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kissimmee
Posts: 921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senicalj4579 View Post
Back when I did this http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/12-sec...my-ss3600.html the DA was -1124 and car was full weight.
Tonight the DA was 616, 560, 503, and -17 for the 4 passes that I hooked. With the weight reduction http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/drag-r...ts-inside.html times improved just a little even in worse DA. The car is without a doubt faster. 60's were better.

Heres the slip from full weight car in -1124 DA
Click the image to open in full size.

Heres the best slip from tonight same car with weight reduction 503 DA
Click the image to open in full size.

The other 3 slips were pretty much the same. All high 1.6xx 60's, all 12.0xxs, and all 111.x mph.
I was kinda suprised I did not get a 11 sec slip with the last pass but for whatever reason the times were just about the same through the whole night reguardless of DA.
I'm trying to figure out here how I trap 111mph w/ a stock converter and the same mods as you, and you have a 3600 stall? I see your going 12.0 and i'm still doing 12.5, it's just weird to me. Could it be that my car is 200# lighter than yours? Just curious
__________________
98' Z28 LS1
LS6 Intake, Stock Cam, Stock "853's", Stock Internals, Stock Pulley, SLP Lid, Chrs1313 Ram Air, Pacesetter LT's, 3" Y-pipe, SS4000 Yank, 3.73 posi 10 bolt, M/T DR's.........2800lbs

88 Gmc Sierra 5.7-DD
philsblwnz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
11 Second Club
 
Kent1's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: May 2003
Location: USA-WEST MONROE, LOUISIANA
Posts: 623
Default

You have an eleven second car. Just keep at it and you get to the eleven. Several years ago I kept running in the 12.00 to 12.05 area and thought I would never make that eleven. The first time I ran eleven it was 11.90 in very good weather. Therefore you are knocking on the door and don't give up. My best time with internal engine and bolton's is 11.691 ran a couple of weeks ago. Keep on going........
__________________
99 SS WITH Stock Internals
Best ET: 1.5247@11.6237@113.97MPH
4000 street Yank, 4.10 gears, S2 TB, Lane's Duals, 3400 lbs, ASAP Pulley, Strange Rearend, K member & light c. arms
Kent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
10 Second Club
 
senicalj4579's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 40
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsblwnz28 View Post
I'm trying to figure out here how I trap 111mph w/ a stock converter and the same mods as you, and you have a 3600 stall? I see your going 12.0 and i'm still doing 12.5, it's just weird to me. Could it be that my car is 200# lighter than yours? Just curious
Just some stats...
My best with stock converter is 12.6 @ 110 full weight.
With addition of a stall I gained 2mph and went 12.0. These were very close DA so its easy to compair.
Now I did the weight reduction and still did 12.0 @111 but the DA was much higher. I probably would have done 12.2 if I didnt do weight reduction.

Im not sure what your question is phil. Your 12.5 111mph stock stall to my 12.6 110 mph stock stall is very close. We would have to look at the DA of your runs and compair stats I believe. As for your car being lighter yes I can say it is after seeing your thread.
__________________

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~FLT4 Trans~Circle-D 1E4K Stall~Motive 3.73~Toyo TQ DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~SMG Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
TECH Addict
 
blk/slvr02ss's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 21
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Port Saint Lucie,Florida
Posts: 2,773
Default

Its got to be Killing u for that 11 Sec Pass but u will be there soon enough !!!!!!!!Suspension time !!!!
__________________
2008 CBR1000RR !!!
blk/slvr02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #6
10 Second Club
 
senicalj4579's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 40
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,047
Default

Nah its alright I know I could of had 11s if I did the weight reduction before the first pass of the year. Im pretty happy the car is doing 12.0s in 1700 higher DA after weight reduction. Weight reduction probably netted 2-3 tenths. One other thing I never mentioned is that the first pass of the year I was running hoosiers which are 8lbs lighter a piece than these mickey thompsons I am running now. Maybe I should get more hoosiers for the track. If anything I can go up in fall and probably run 11.8-11.9 as is.
Over all I think the times my car is pulling off are pretty good for the mods and stall. Minor boltons, 3600 stall, stock 3.23s, 275 17 wheels all the way around...12.0s not bad imo. Oh and yes suspension time!
__________________

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~FLT4 Trans~Circle-D 1E4K Stall~Motive 3.73~Toyo TQ DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~SMG Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:20 PM   #7
Restricted User
 
Trader Rating: 12
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senicalj4579 View Post
Nah its alright I know I could of had 11s if I did the weight reduction before the first pass of the year. Im pretty happy the car is doing 12.0s in 1700 higher DA after weight reduction. Weight reduction probably netted 2-3 tenths. One other thing I never mentioned is that the first pass of the year I was running hoosiers which are 8lbs lighter a piece than these mickey thompsons I am running now. Maybe I should get more hoosiers for the track. If anything I can go up in fall and probably run 11.8-11.9 as is.
Over all I think the times my car is pulling off are pretty good for the mods and stall. Minor boltons, 3600 stall, stock 3.23s, 275 17 wheels all the way around...12.0s not bad imo. Oh and yes suspension time!
Qut bitchn. You have great d/a. Come down here and run in the 3500 ft average d/a. It sucks lol
z99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #8
10 Second Club
 
senicalj4579's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 40
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z99ls1 View Post
Qut bitchn. You have great d/a. Come down here and run in the 3500 ft average d/a. It sucks lol
Whos bitchin?! Im happy with the improvement of my car. Where did I bitch about the da? wtf?
__________________

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~FLT4 Trans~Circle-D 1E4K Stall~Motive 3.73~Toyo TQ DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~SMG Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
Restricted User
 
Trader Rating: 12
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senicalj4579 View Post
Whos bitchin?! Im happy with the improvement of my car. Where did I bitch about the da? wtf?
It was a joke dude. I put lol'z at the end lol'z
z99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #10
10 Second Club
 
senicalj4579's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 40
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z99ls1 View Post
It was a joke dude. I put lol'z at the end lol'z
Thanks for your contribution lol sheesh
DA does get alot higher here also but I usualy dont like going for personal bests in 3000 da and you shouldnt either lol.
__________________

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~FLT4 Trans~Circle-D 1E4K Stall~Motive 3.73~Toyo TQ DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~SMG Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #11
TECH Regular
 
Jay-P's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 13
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wpg, Mb Canada
Posts: 408
Default

You were a big crap away from your 11 slip.
__________________
Jay-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #12
10 Second Club
 
senicalj4579's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 40
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-P View Post
You were a big crap away from your 11 slip.
Literaly yes lol.
__________________

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~FLT4 Trans~Circle-D 1E4K Stall~Motive 3.73~Toyo TQ DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~SMG Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #13
Man-Crush Warning
 
01sscam's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: abq,nm
Posts: 756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z99ls1 View Post
Qut bitchn. You have great d/a. Come down here and run in the 3500 ft average d/a. It sucks lol
Try 7500+ d/a where I'm at.
__________________
2001 Camaro SS A3- H/C/I 200shot 2784lb raceweight
1985 Mustang coupe- Bone stock
www.fquick.com/PUN1SHR
01sscam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #14
Restricted User
 
Trader Rating: 12
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01sscam View Post
Try 7500+ d/a where I'm at.
Ha, I'm happy I don't have that.
z99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:01 AM   #15
10 Second Club
 
senicalj4579's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 40
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z99ls1 View Post
Ha, I'm happy I don't have that.
Yea that will probably make stock ls1s do 14-15s lol f that lol
__________________

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~FLT4 Trans~Circle-D 1E4K Stall~Motive 3.73~Toyo TQ DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~SMG Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #16
Restricted User
 
Trader Rating: 12
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kansas
Posts: 1,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senicalj4579 View Post
Yea that will probably make stock ls1s do 14-15s lol f that lol
No kidding, I don't think I could live in a place with extremely high d/a.
z99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #17
TECH Resident
 
nmass399's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: hattiesburg, Ms
Posts: 878
Default

You still runnin stock maf, it might help a bit to upgrade, but you will need a new tune. And some 3.73's or even 3.42's will keep you in your power band more, not really sure if you will gain et from it tho. You can run it with the belt off one run lol and it might pick up a little because i did not see underdrive pulley on your list of mods. Other than that, intake manifold and weight reduction.
__________________
SLP SS, M6 - SLP AIRBOX, BLACKWING, FTP 104 LID, Speed Density, KOOKS 1-7/8X3, DUAL 3 INCH CUTOUTS ON KOOKS Y, SLP U/D, HP TUNERS, TICK MASTER, MWC 9 INCH LCA'S PANHARD BAR, TORQUE ARM and DRAG BAR, DA QA1'S OUT BACK, STEEL DRIVESHAFT, M12, MONSTER CLUTCH, BOGARTS, WOLF ROLL CAGE.

BEST ET 11.29 at 119 1.52 60 FT RACEWEIGHT - 3300 Boltons(stockinternal), There now just looking for 10's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDfWQ22xQiw
nmass399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #18
Trunion King
 
bene's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 16
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texan in Colorado
Posts: 4,402
Default

Slap in 3.73 gears at the back, you are def in for 11s.
__________________

'00 LPM Z28 | M6- featured in GMHTP Nov '12 Street Heat & Camaro Perfomers Nov '12 Readers' Rides
'04 BS G35 SEDAN | 5AT

bene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
10 Second Club
 
senicalj4579's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 40
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmass399 View Post
You still runnin stock maf, it might help a bit to upgrade, but you will need a new tune. And some 3.73's or even 3.42's will keep you in your power band more, not really sure if you will gain et from it tho. You can run it with the belt off one run lol and it might pick up a little because i did not see underdrive pulley on your list of mods. Other than that, intake manifold and weight reduction.
Its an aftermarket maf that came on the car. IDK what it is but Don@Slowhawk said it was lean up top or something. I dont plan on changing it unless it goes bad.
As for gears I plan on staying with the 3.23s until they break or I upgrade the rear.
You are correct, no pulley. I plan on a pulley, ported tb, and ported ls6 oil pump when I do a cam (maybe heads also).
The stock ls6 intake I dont really think is worth coming off. I dont think ill be making enough power to really see to much of a gain if any?
Before the I do a cam though I do plan on upgrading my exhaust to bigger headers to a 4' through to catback.
And weight reduction, im looking into a vfn 3" ss hood, racing seat, and maybe lightweight battery if I decide its worth it.
So thats the outlook for the car at the moment with the weight reduction being the moments priority
Oh and suspension I am still learning about so throw that in the mix as well
__________________

Pewter-01-SS-A4
TEA ls6 stage 2 62cc~Comp 228/232 112~Fast 92mm Intake~NW 92mm TB~SLP Smooth Bellow~GM 85mm MAF~FTP 98mm Lid~K&N Filter~SSRA~ARH LTS & ORY~Borla CB~Powerbond 25% Balancer~160 T Stat~FLT4 Trans~Circle-D 1E4K Stall~Motive 3.73~Toyo TQ DRs~MWC Bumper Supports~SMG Tuned
429/392 Mustang dyno
10.990@123.58 1.584
senicalj4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #20
TECH Resident
 
nmass399's Avatar
 
Trader Rating: 0
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: hattiesburg, Ms
Posts: 878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senicalj4579 View Post
Its an aftermarket maf that came on the car. IDK what it is but Don@Slowhawk said it was lean up top or something. I dont plan on changing it unless it goes bad.
As for gears I plan on staying with the 3.23s until they break or I upgrade the rear.
You are correct, no pulley. I plan on a pulley, ported tb, and ported ls6 oil pump when I do a cam (maybe heads also).
The stock ls6 intake I dont really think is worth coming off. I dont think ill be making enough power to really see to much of a gain if any?
Before the I do a cam though I do plan on upgrading my exhaust to bigger headers to a 4' through to catback.
And weight reduction, im looking into a vfn 3" ss hood, racing seat, and maybe lightweight battery if I decide its worth it.
So thats the outlook for the car at the moment with the weight reduction being the moments priority
Oh and suspension I am still learning about so throw that in the mix as well
Pulley won't gain much of anything, the best way to tell is to just run it with the belt off and see if there is any gain, that should tell you if you will gain anything from getting one. Yeah the fast intake is very expensive lol, if you found a good deal on a used one then go for it. The gains are really hard to justify for the price new. I got a 9 pound braille battery in mine, but i only use it for race days so i don't wear it out. 40 pound optima vs 9 pound braille = , i can tell the alternator is working harder tho. I would try to make the exhaust lighter for one, i did not realize mine weighed so much till i took it off. It was mostly steel, i will have to weigh it one day(stock center mount). Just get some lighter parts and don't skimp on sound quality.
__________________
SLP SS, M6 - SLP AIRBOX, BLACKWING, FTP 104 LID, Speed Density, KOOKS 1-7/8X3, DUAL 3 INCH CUTOUTS ON KOOKS Y, SLP U/D, HP TUNERS, TICK MASTER, MWC 9 INCH LCA'S PANHARD BAR, TORQUE ARM and DRAG BAR, DA QA1'S OUT BACK, STEEL DRIVESHAFT, M12, MONSTER CLUTCH, BOGARTS, WOLF ROLL CAGE.

BEST ET 11.29 at 119 1.52 60 FT RACEWEIGHT - 3300 Boltons(stockinternal), There now just looking for 10's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDfWQ22xQiw
nmass399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:30 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird




Paid Advertisement
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First wallet weight reduction mod (MWC bumper supports) senicalj4579 Drag Racing Tech 118 03-23-2014 02:04 PM
FS~F body stuff senicalj4579 Parts Classifieds 17 11-22-2013 09:33 AM
10.990 @123.58 1.584 60' senicalj4579 10 Second Club 34 11-19-2013 07:58 AM
First track trip of the year 11.3@121.14 senicalj4579 11 Second Club 17 09-22-2013 12:26 AM


Tags
car, easy, free, ls1tech, reduction, results, weight


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



Join Ls1Tech

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Service - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - JOBS
Emails & Contact Details