12 Second Club In the 12s yet? Come inside!

I made this group! Woohoo!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I made this group! Woohoo!

Took my recently completed car to the track 2 days after having it tuned and back on the road. And I am pretty happy with how it ran. I am on street tires as I still have the stock 10bolt. And since this is my DD in the warm weather I did not launch too hard as I would like to keep this on the road. So my 60' times are not stellar and my reaction times are a little slow. This was my first time at the track this year. Both passes were 12.5 @121.

I think when I get the new rearend in the car next year and some DR's I can break into the 11's. And still DD it too.

Drove it to the track, made 5 passes, and drove home. And it is with me today at work. Woohoo! Gotta love a fun DD.

I can see I am going to NEED to change the torque arm set-up on the car. Found a few drips this morning from the trans tailshaft. I think all this torque is loading that up too much and causing it to leak.

If anyone is interested in the build here is a link to my build-up of the car to this point.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/771073-my-aps-tt-install-thread.html
Attached Thumbnails I made this group!  Woohoo!-milan-timeslips_18sep07.jpg  
Old 09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I like your set-up. When you get that new rear and some DR's you should def get into the 11's. How much boost are you running? But congrats on the runs!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 01:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good ET and great MPH! Will definitely be barkin on 11s doorstep before long im sure. I was just runnin 12.5's on street tires myself with the same 60's that your getting and then threw some slicks/skinnies on and bam...11.74 w/ a 1.56 60ft still on stock 10 bolt as well
Old 09-21-2007, 09:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by josh2002-ws6
Wow I like your set-up. When you get that new rear and some DR's you should def get into the 11's. How much boost are you running? But congrats on the runs!!!
Thanks! I like it a lot too. It has been a lot of fun to drive around. I am running 7lbs of boost. Yeah I was hoping for lower 12's but realize I was severely traction limited. That is fine, my 10bolt still lives to keep driving the car!
Old 09-21-2007, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98REDZ
Good ET and great MPH! Will definitely be barkin on 11s doorstep before long im sure. I was just runnin 12.5's on street tires myself with the same 60's that your getting and then threw some slicks/skinnies on and bam...11.74 w/ a 1.56 60ft still on stock 10 bolt as well
Thanks, I have not raced much so I was not sure what to expect and what were good numbers. I was hoping for some more speed to be honest. It just felt fun going fast. I think I am getting addicted...... Yeah we will see next year when I can afford some more upgrades to the car. 11's may be very feasible. I just don't want to risk it right now with the 10bolt. I would much prefer to be driving the car than going faster at the track and possibly blowing it up. It is my warm weather DD after all.