Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

check abs, check trac. control, bank1 sens.2 (o2)code, and gas gauge acting weird

Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default check abs, check trac. control, bank1 sens.2 (o2)code, and gas gauge acting weird

having some trouble with my 2000 corvette.. she is a beauty, runs like a champ, just lighting up my dash like a christmas tree!! traction control light comes on periodically and at the same time so does the abs and one other malfunction code.. then my CEL comes on periodically with a code p01.. something.. i looked it up and is says low voltage bank 1 sensor 2.. i am assuming the o2 sensor is bad? maybe not tho right? and today i noticed about halfway home i had just under 1/2 tank by the time i got within about 1 mile from my house the fuel gauge needle was resting on it's stop, the display said low fuel and the check gauges light was on.. i parked it for about 3 hours and came back and started the car and it went straight back to where it should be! what's the deal? i have a long trip home, do you think it could be draining the main tank and the fuel pump could be lagging behind getting it refilled? not likely i guess, probably just an issue with the sensor?? any help/advice is greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Launching!

the gas gauge did it again today.. it was working perfect when i left the house, but about 35 minutes down the road the gas needle just flat dropped and the display said low fuel, but it wasn't saying reserve fuel like it normally does, so that must be a different sensor i guess?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

mine started to do the service traction,service abs and sevice active handling crap a couple of days ago......i know vettes have alot of electrical issues, and i have heard that alot of it could be solved by cleaning the gounding points...im gonna look into mine on friday and i will let you know......i just lowered my car quite a bit, dont know if that had anything to do with it or not.....and i am throwing two codes for the cats being bad..
Old 09-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Launching!

thanks all uc2
Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Launching!

well yesterday i got under the car and found a box about 4"x4"x1" with a hard rubber shield over what i assume to be wires.. it was draped over the exhaust just ahead of the rear end on the driver's side.. any ideas what that box may be and how i can go about checking to see if it is the issue? mainly what are the functions of that box? if the traction control and active handling and the gas gauge sensor all run through that box i would have to say it is the culprit, but i need to know what it's functions are.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:08 AM
Launching!

uc2, saw where you said your body grounds were all crusted over, that sucks! did you get them cleaned off? did it fix your abs/trac. control/active handling lights? i don't think that is my problem, i only found 1 body ground, but i was in a not very well lit shop with the car on a crummy jack.. i need to check it again in my shop, but i found a box that was draped by its connection over the exhaust.. i'm hoping that someone can tell me what that box is!
Old 09-06-2009, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

i think there is like 7 or 9 grounding points on the car.....if you do a search i found a diagram that list where they are all at.......im havent ever looked at that box but i am going to work on mine tonight so i will check it out...
Old 09-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Launching!

i will see if i can find that diagram.. let me know if you have any ideas! thanks!!
Old 09-06-2009, 12:33 PM
10 Second Club

i think this may help

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...tion-long.html
Old 09-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Launching!

ohhhh man, what a super link there sultan!! thanks! i will clean all of those and i would bet big money that will fix it!!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Launching!

i cleaned a couple of my ground connections and it seems to have possibly fixed a couple of the issues.. the collector had corrosion in it.. i am still throwing codes p0137 p1431 c1217(thrown instantly after clearing code and starting car back up) and c1243

C1217 BPMV Pump Motor Relay Contact CKT Open

thats the one that throws immediately..

here are the other 3

C1243 BPMV Pump Motor Stalled
P0137 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P1431 Fuel Level Sensor 2 Circuit Performance

so all of my issues are narrowed down by the computer, but how do i go about addressing them? i guess the 02 is probably bad, what about the fuel level sensor? what about the bpmv pump, i can't even reason out what that is or where to look for it!?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: check abs, check trac. control, bank1 sens.2 (o2)code, and gas gauge acting weird