Is vettehound.com fraud???

Old 11-29-2009, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is vettehound.com fraud???

I was looking at some Vettes for sale and saw this site. The prices look to good to be true. Can anyone vouch for this site as far as buying a corvette? Looks like a shady site to me.

vettehound.com
Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If a deal is to good to be true it is.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:06 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-c...ound-scam.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Auto-Dea...osce-pacpb.htm
Old 11-29-2009, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ about as Black and White as it gets...........
Old 11-30-2009, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

This is a copy of the e-mail the seller sent me for a Z06 was interested in on Vettehound. Of course there is no way in hell I will fall for this scam, I just wish I could report this to the right people about this scammer or just have the opportunity to visit this guy so I can introduce him to my friend named Louisville Slugger

Hi
My 2008 Chevrolet Corvette is still for sale, I'm a private seller and my asking price is 30,000$
The car is in original condition all the way through, only 1,500 miles mostly on highway, non smoker, it just had a recent full service and oil change, ABS braking, Air con, alloys, airbags, PAS, FSH, power steering & windows, stereo, cruise control, good tires and lots of other extra's.
The car is tidy and mechanically in great condition as I've used it as second car, is reliable, cheap to run and ready to go. Always garaged, regularly serviced, new wheels, 11 months ago and it come with a roadworthy cert. Car has never been in an accident and is not on finance.I purchased the vehicle from US and used it while I worked there. Now because of the financial crisis I moved back to my home country, England. I brought the vehicle in England with me, but as the crisis is getting worse I can't afford to keep it anymore. For help us with the transaction will use a shipping company and they will take care of everything. Due to amount involved and due the fact I am not located in US, we will use a shipping company.

Please email me soon if you want to move forward and let me know if you need anything else.

All the best!

> To: ggg3robinson@gmail.com
> Subject: 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - 8111.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Does he have a brother in Nigeria? Because I'm expecting a large sum of money soon.

On a serious note, if you think you can get a '08 Z06 for 30k (in great condition) you need to put the pipe down.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
Does he have a brother in Nigeria? Because I'm expecting a large sum of money soon.

On a serious note, if you think you can get a '08 Z06 for 30k (in great condition) you need to put the pipe down.
We both know you cannot find a C6 Z06 under $45,000 anywhere. I am going to have a little fun with this transaction and see how far it goes (minus the money transaction of course).
Old 12-01-2009, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GOHOME
We both know you cannot find a C6 Z06 under $45,000 anywhere. I am going to have a little fun with this transaction and see how far it goes (minus the money transaction of course).
LOL, we should band together and just swamp the scammers with other scammers (us), I cant imagine how pissed they would be hahahahahah
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 AM
On The Tree

hahaha...that would be funny carsandwomen
Old 12-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by danieloneil01

Sorry, not to sound so pesamistic *sp*, but does anything good over the internet EVER come from that country? Like a household name you'd think that anything from there would automatically be red flagged as most likely a scam. *shrugging*.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is vettehound.com fraud???