Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

I need fuel injection help

Old 12-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need fuel injection help

Ok, I'm new to the LS2 game and need help. I have an LS2 '06 Corvette long block that I am finishing out to go into my Panoz road race track car. Presently it has an injected sbf 302 with a Tremic 3550. Anyway, I would like to run fuel injection on the LS2. I have a Victor jr intake set up for fuel injection rails, but no fuel rails. Now for the stupid question, what throttle body should I get, what computer (can I have the Ford computer reporgramed?) should I get, is there a package or a list of parts to make my life easy? I know is sounds like a very basic question for fuel injection experts, but my past track cars have all used carbs, so mixing and matching with the fuel injection is very new for me. So, please take it easy on this newbe, I really want my LS powered Panoz to show those Ford powered guys what a real engine should run like.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

You should make it easy on yourself (unless space is the problem) and use the factory intake TB setup. You can use a factory TB and elbow on your carb intake add fuel rails and will work OK. Ford Computer um NO you can get a harness and GM computer from several retailers for a retro swap.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

First off I like you avatar.
Second, after thinking it over I think I should really make it easy on myself and just go LS2 manifold, injectors, computer, etc. I would think I should be able to get a complete package like that from Corvette or GTO junk yard guys. Do you know any that specialize in those cars?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

bump1
Old 12-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

dump1
Old 12-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

bump1
Old 12-18-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Have you considered the Retrotekspeed/Powerjection system? I'm putting an Edelbrock Performer RPM on my LS1 engine and running it. Here are some pics:

Old 12-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Default Sweet

That is sweet.

I also have a Cobra Kit car I built and I almost went with that injectiom you have because I wanted the vintage 427 look, but in the end I went with a 750HP and it looks and runs fine. Of course the first few miles are a little rough as its very high compression and running too lean. Fuel injection would fix that, but its too late for that. Thats why I 'm going fuel injection on my LS2 powered Panoz track car. Should run smooth and still make good power.

Search this Thread