sprint..should i report lost or water damage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sprint..should i report lost or water damage?

well my 5 month old english bulldog decided to fall in the pool today...as many english buldog owners know, they are not the best swimmers. So I jumped in after him and had my cell phone in my pocket. I have the 7 dollar a month protection from sprint. Does anyone know if this covers water damage?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:34 PM
12 Second Club

well i think they dont cover water damaged phones. if u report it stolen i think u pay 100dollars for a new one. so i say report it stolen.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

That's bullshit to me. WTF is the insurance for then? Only if you lose it? Or run it over? I just dropped sprint after 5+ yrs and I'm happy w my choice. Ever since they teamed up with nextel, they don't 'take care' of ****.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well with the at&t plan it covers everything the first day in our new house I jumped in the pool with my phone and at&t replaced it for 50 dollars
Old 01-23-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should cover it but you will be paying either a $50 or $100 deductible. Just depends what phone you have.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I broke my instinct when I was with sprint, and the deductible was $100( it was $50 a couple yrs prior). I thought it was gay that they raised the deductible without telling me. That's like me having a $500 deductible on my car insurance, and then a year later gettig in a wreck and having a $1000 deductible out of nowhere. They offered $100 sprint credit, so in essence I'd have a free replacement. But I just took the $100 credit, used my prev phone and dropped sprint a couple Months later
Old 01-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Launching!

I think you will have to pay $50 and they should give you a new one, Im pretty sure thats what I did awhile back unless they changed the rules lol
Old 01-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Sprint will cover the water damage.....
Old 01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Launching!

They cover water damage/theft/damage/shitty design etc. I just went thru it with my i776 (broken hinge) and it was 50 bucks for the dect. They will pretty much cover anything. heres the claim link - www.phoneclaim.com/sprint Good luck, if I didnt need them for work, Id go back to tmobile or verizon.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Teching In

You should never buy Spring insurance unless you are always losing your phone. I never lose my phone. When something goes wrong with your phone, no matter what, all you have to do is go to a Sprint store that has the technical repair support center. They will give you the same model refurbished phone for no more than 30 bucks. I have done this many times. I kept breaking my joystick on the PPC 6700 and on the third time, they just gave me a free Mogul upgrade. This was when the mogul just came out and I was excited. I kept the Mogul after I upgraded to a Touch Pro. My brother in law wanted the mogul so he took it and signed up for sprint. He kept taking the mogul to a repair center for other problems, since by now the phone is old as dirt. He finally got a new phone, I dont know which one, but has the palm os on it. Keep in mind we only paid the original fee. That is two free new phones. I think I had to pay another time because a different button broke, but I am not sure. What I am sure of is that the insurance is a waste of money with Sprint because they offer this service. I only found out about this after reading a review article where the guy was happy with Sprint after he broke his phone. I dont think you should ever tell these guys you dropped your phone in water. Just say it stopped working. I also know that the Sprint insurance has nothing to do with Sprint. It is a separate business who just decided to offer Sprint customers insurance. Its in the fine print. So the customer service my not be the same. They are really helpful with getting you a new phone if you are a loyal customer at the Sprint store. The one on 45N. in front of Frys in houston is an awesome location. Great customer service, and they gave me all my free phone upgrades. Never live with that one broken button, just take it to the Sprint service store.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:18 PM
LS7 Member

Ahhh, the old "puppy in the pool" excuse. They will see through your clearly fake story and give you no assistance in replacing your phone. Some people....

jk good luck on getting a replacement. I would go to a service / repair / support center store. They can swap them right then.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Teching In

I have sprint insurance and the deductibles are now $100 for ALL phones. I just called two weeks ago and verified this.... Talk about a kick in the junk they didn't even tell us! Go thing I had my old samsung phone I activated till I can switch carriers. Good luck.

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
I think you will have to pay $50 and they should give you a new one, Im pretty sure thats what I did awhile back unless they changed the rules lol

Quick Reply: sprint..should i report lost or water damage?