Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Any Recommendations for a great tuner/dyno in Atlanta, Georgia for LS2

Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Recommendations for a great tuner/dyno in Atlanta, Georgia for LS2

I'm looking for help. Does/can anyone recommend me a good tuner around the Atlanta, Georgia area? I have a LS2 GTO engine swap with bolt-ons that I would like to have tuned/dyno-ed. Engine is currently out of car so would prefer an engine dyno, but a chassis tuner/dyno is good too.

Thank you in advance.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by billybob270
I'm looking for help. Does/can anyone recommend me a good tuner around the Atlanta, Georgia area? I have a LS2 GTO engine swap with bolt-ons that I would like to have tuned/dyno-ed. Engine is currently out of car so would prefer an engine dyno, but a chassis tuner/dyno is good too.

Thank you in advance.
I don't know if Vengeance Racing has an engine dyno, but I know for sure they have a chassis dyno and a VERY good tuner. They are sponsors here, give 'em a call.

Jimbo
Old 02-23-2010, 01:48 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2 vengeance
Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

X's 3
Old 02-23-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow bro you've been on the board for a year and never heard of Vengeance Racing ?

Vengeance Racing X4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike can tune like you won't believe. He pays attention to every detail. Drivability is amazing when he's done. Take a look at the link in my sig for a great example of there work !!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Thank you for the recommendation!!! Yes, you’re correct….actually signed on a year ago from a friend’s referral, but just now really pushing to get started on my project. It’s been sitting for almost 10 months now. I was and still am green to the whole LSx engines…but learning. I have heard of Vengeance Racing before, but never dreamed that a place so close to me would have such a great reputation and committed customers. I already called Vengeance, and they didn’t mind spending time with me and answered all of my “Elementary” questions. Looks like these are the guys for me.

Thank you all again.
Bill

PS: Just in case anyone is interested, my project is a ’78 Datsun 280Z and will install a ‘06 GTO LS2 with T56. Mods are: Trick Flow heads, Now will be a Vengeance Cam, FAST Intake, Ported TB, Yella Rockers, Long Tube Headers, etc. My ambition is to get 500+ rwhp.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by billybob270
Thank you for the recommendation!!! Yes, you’re correct….actually signed on a year ago from a friend’s referral, but just now really pushing to get started on my project. It’s been sitting for almost 10 months now. I was and still am green to the whole LSx engines…but learning. I have heard of Vengeance Racing before, but never dreamed that a place so close to me would have such a great reputation and committed customers. I already called Vengeance, and they didn’t mind spending time with me and answered all of my “Elementary” questions. Looks like these are the guys for me.

Thank you all again.
Bill

PS: Just in case anyone is interested, my project is a ’78 Datsun 280Z and will install a ‘06 GTO LS2 with T56. Mods are: Trick Flow heads, Now will be a Vengeance Cam, FAST Intake, Ported TB, Yella Rockers, Long Tube Headers, etc. My ambition is to get 500+ rwhp.
Hey bro, I made the switch to Vengeance Racing from one of the biggest names in the industry due to lack of communication and disregarding how I wanted to spend my money. I took their quality built 402 to Vengeance Racing and Mike made some tweaks to the tune and it immediately made more power and ran better. Then did a header swap, head swap and finally a cam swap. Dyno'd in between each swap to verify gains. After all was said and done the car runs like stock and makes a ton of power. The other sponsor did a good job on the build but never once discussed with me the parts involved or what to expect. You won't have to worry about that at Vengeance Racing. You also won't have to worry about over paying. You will get what you pay for and they stand behind their work. Can't wait to see the outcome of your project. Good luck, but going with Vengeance Racing you won't need it.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:09 AM
12 Second Club

Vengeance x5 or 6 what ever number were up too! They have built and tuned my last 3 cars! Wont trust anyone else! You cant go wrong!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

They defintely do great work! I've seen alot of good things out of them from this website.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

It's a bit of a drive to us but I think you"ll find it worth while. Our tuner Nick Williams is one of the best around. We have also built some of the fastest GTO's in the country. Give us a call.

Jeff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpxM8NC068Q
Old 03-09-2010, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Go to Vengeance Racing ...nuff said ...
Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Vengeance won't touch a car unless they "built" it.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
FormerVendor

Im not sure where you got that information....We do from time to time get extremely back logged and have to turn down work, but we do our best to take care of everyone.

Our customers who choose to have Vengeance do their installs/builds do get priority over someone wanting to schedule a tune on something they built, but we still work them in!!!!

Originally Posted by blk00ss
Old 03-10-2010, 09:23 PM
FormerVendor

BTW, thanx for all of the positive remarks guys!! We do our best to make our customers happy and seeing posts like this lets me know where we stand!!!

Congrats to Heintz on Travis breaking into the 8s!! It was only a matter of time!!! HOPING to do the same with Jan this weekend!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow! What a baseless comment. Any proof to back up your "claim".

I can certainly attest to the fact that Vengeance Racing is more then happy to work on cars that they did NOT build. LG Motorsports did a good job on my build but I wanted more. Communications broke down between myself and LGM. Ron was more then happy to schedule me for the entire week. In my opinion Ron looked at the idea of getting me more power out of an already well built combo as a challange/oppurtunity that they (VR) were more then willing to take on. Nice way to show what they could do in comparison to another big name shop. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition.

See LINK IN SIG for a very informative write up.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

vengeance won't touch a car unless they "built" it.
That is false to say the least.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
Im not sure where you got that information....We do from time to time get extremely back logged and have to turn down work, but we do our best to take care of everyone.

Our customers who choose to have Vengeance do their installs/builds do get priority over someone wanting to schedule a tune on something they built, but we still work them in!!!!
I have called you personally withing the past two months to ask for a tune on my car. I was promptly told "I don't tune cars anymore unless we install the parts". You can sit there and deny all you want, and everyone will beleive you over me. Which is fine. I wasn't trying to start a war but that is exactly what I was told.

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Wow! What a baseless comment. Any proof to back up your "claim".

I can certainly attest to the fact that Vengeance Racing is more then happy to work on cars that they did NOT build. LG Motorsports did a good job on my build but I wanted more. Communications broke down between myself and LGM. Ron was more then happy to schedule me for the entire week. In my opinion Ron looked at the idea of getting me more power out of an already well built combo as a challange/oppurtunity that they (VR) were more then willing to take on. Nice way to show what they could do in comparison to another big name shop. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition.

See LINK IN SIG for a very informative write up.
Originally Posted by slt200mph
That is false to say the least.
And just because you had vengeance do some work for you doesn't make you their promotional manager. I'm sick of seeing you in almost every thread on here stroking ron's ego like nothing else. I'm not saying anything bad about them at all. But it's not your position to put down other shops and swing from vengeances' nuts every waking moment of your life.

And don't you EVER private message me again with those stupid *** threats. I'll have your *** banned for harassment!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

[quote=blk00ss;13015934]I have called you personally withing the past two months to ask for a tune on my car. I was promptly told "I don't tune cars anymore unless we install the parts". You can sit there and deny all you want, and everyone will beleive you over me. Which is fine. I wasn't trying to start a war but that is exactly what I was told.[quote]

Just a couple of points...
  • I think I am aware of our company policy since I am the one who runs the business.
  • I dont tune, Mike Carnahan does so saying "I" dont tune tells me you didnt speak with me.
  • As I said above, we put our customers first and if we are backogged in the shop we must turn down outside work until we are caught up. This doesnt mean we cant get you in at a later date it simply means we are swamped right now and have to take care of our priorities.
IF I can help you out feel free to give me a call. I would be more than happy to schedule a complete tune for your vehicle. We are currently 3 weeks out on tuning.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have called you personally withing the past two months to ask for a tune on my car. I was promptly told "I don't tune cars anymore unless we install the parts". You can sit there and deny all you want, and everyone will beleive you over me. Which is fine. I wasn't trying to start a war but that is exactly what I was told.

And just because you had vengeance do some work for you doesn't make you their promotional manager. I'm sick of seeing you in almost every thread on here stroking ron's ego like nothing else. I'm not saying anything bad about them at all. But it's not your position to put down other shops and swing from vengeances' nuts every waking moment of your life.

And don't you EVER private message me again with those stupid *** threats. I'll have your *** banned for harassment!
Ah ok, hmm never pm'd you with a threat moron. Grow up 23 yr old internet tough guy. The pm was simply a request to have you produce some proof to back up your claim. Also when someone uses the following , it is merely in jest. So back up off the crack pipe / dick you have in your mouth and chill the **** out.

Very classy Ron for you to still offer Vengeance Racings tuning services to "problem" customer. I personally wouldn't want this guy running a set of spark plugs from me. If they don't last 100,000 miles he'll be back on here badmouthing you.

Just curious about where I badmouthed a shop that I didn't have personal experience with? I don't badmouth anyone that I don't know anything about, or didn't have a negative experience with. Besides telling the truth isn't badmouthing a shop, its sharing information with those that need to know, other tech members.

On the promotional manager tip, you didn't know? I work there and make 2,000 a week promoting for them, and all my parts are free, labor included, don't forget tuning as well. LOL, I've got some swamp land in Florida and a Bridge in New York for sale too....(JUST KIDDING FOR ANYONE THAT MISSED THE HUMOR)

Last edited by allngn_c5; 03-11-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Just because I'm 23 years old means I dont know **** right? How about I have done every single thing to my car. And been way faster than you ever have. Not bad for JUST 23 huh? And I'm the tough guy now? I'm not the one who puts pictures of myself in my avatar all blown up on roids LMAO.

And I never bad mouthed vengeance. I would of loved to had my car tuned by them, but I cant wait that long. And you may not [I]technically[I] bad mouth other shops, but you sure as hell suggest it. There has been other people tell me vengeance wouldnt tune their cars either. I hope they chime in on this, but if not oh well I could care less. I dont spend 95% of my life on here swinging from nuts lmao

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Recommendations for a great tuner/dyno in Atlanta, Georgia for LS2