Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle response tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle response tune?

I posted over in conversions and thought I might get some answers here since it deals with electronic throttle. I am building an LS2 iron block clone.I will run stock EFI manifold and will make or buy an ECM and harness. I want instant throttle response as with a cable or link rod setup. I know this has been beat to death here but I still dont know any "for sure" answers ,mostly speculation.. The GMPP harness ecm setup I know has a slight lag and my work trucks (ford and Chevy) have a terrible lag. Are some ECM's more responsive? Can this be tuned? I have read of a module that can be used to speed up response....any info on that? Thanks for your answers.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Do a search in the tuning forum on Throttle violence. There is a table that can be changed on DBW set ups that affect how sensitive the throttle is. The vette guys have delt with this i'm sure.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by badjonny
I posted over in conversions and thought I might get some answers here since it deals with electronic throttle. I am building an LS2 iron block clone.I will run stock EFI manifold and will make or buy an ECM and harness. I want instant throttle response as with a cable or link rod setup. I know this has been beat to death here but I still dont know any "for sure" answers ,mostly speculation.. The GMPP harness ecm setup I know has a slight lag and my work trucks (ford and Chevy) have a terrible lag. Are some ECM's more responsive? Can this be tuned? I have read of a module that can be used to speed up response....any info on that? Thanks for your answers.

I am not actually answering your question, but can give more info.

The lag you feel in the trucks is both from the throttle program slowly opening it (which can be adjusted in HP Tuners...the 2005 6.0 V-8 "LQ4" ECM has plenty restriction on throttle opening) and Power Enrichment mode. The ECM in cars seem to enter PE mode quick even when adjusting PE features like Enrichment rate and Delay. But the trucks seem to almost ignore these changes and slowly enter Power Enrichment Mode all the time, presumably so they can meet fuel economy requirements.

Quick Reply: throttle response tune?