LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

impala ss vs monte carlo ss

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impala ss vs monte carlo ss

ok so u all know my dad works at a gm dealership and they sold his demo that he was driving and they had a 07 impala ss there so he got it untill he finds what he wants. I took it for a drive just to see what the difference is between the monte carlo and impala. It seemed like the impala was way faster. I dont get it. idk if maybe its becuz it has stock wheels on it or something. im just trying to find out why it would seem faster because it was a big differnce. Oh and it was bone stock by the way.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 20's might have something to do with it, but IIRC you have 225mm tires?

Line 'em up and see what happens!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

idk might be the seat of the pants thing like youve gotten so used to your car that when you hopped in the imp you felt it was quicker cause it was different. maybe your giant sub and train horns (still waiting on the vids of you scaring the **** out of ppl with them) and big wheels are slowin the monte down? one way to find out though. time for a good old fashioned street fight. your old man in the imp and you in the monte. dont forget the vids of the runs.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
idk might be the seat of the pants thing like youve gotten so used to your car that when you hopped in the imp you felt it was quicker cause it was different. maybe your giant sub and train horns (still waiting on the vids of you scaring the **** out of ppl with them) and big wheels are slowin the monte down? one way to find out though. time for a good old fashioned street fight. your old man in the imp and you in the monte. dont forget the vids of the runs.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
yea... always scare people and not ready with the camera... and dont have the sub took it out cuz of weight. i think im going to put my stockers back on and see what it does.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
The 20's might have something to do with it, but IIRC you have 225mm tires?

Line 'em up and see what happens!
yes i have 225/35
Old 04-13-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by monte_with_a_LS4
yes i have 225/35
Stock wheels with some 245s and you'll feel a little quicker. Those big rims are heavy and if they're OD is larger than stock tires it's killing your gear ratio.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

actually his tires r an inch shorter than stock, so he has better gearing... but y did u use that size? 255/35's would be correct, but need an 8.5" rim, what width r urs? and last, i bet u lost low end with ur car with the 3" off road pipe... i recently put my stock DP on after 3yrs with the 3" off road pipe and my car feels quicker now... better low end, builds boost faster...
Old 04-14-2010, 05:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by someday
actually his tires r an inch shorter than stock, so he has better gearing... but y did u use that size? 255/35's would be correct, but need an 8.5" rim, what width r urs? and last, i bet u lost low end with ur car with the 3" off road pipe... i recently put my stock DP on after 3yrs with the 3" off road pipe and my car feels quicker now... better low end, builds boost faster...
i used that size cuz i already had the wheels before i got the car. they just happened to be the right bolt pattern. and its a 8.5in rim.

Quick Reply: impala ss vs monte carlo ss