Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Good alignment shops in / near Orange County; know any?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good alignment shops in / near Orange County; know any?

In need for an alignment and want to get my adjustable panhard bar checked and straightened but can't seem to find a good knowledgeable shop around Fullerton.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good shop?
Old 06-04-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by benoh
In need for an alignment and want to get my adjustable panhard bar checked and straightened but can't seem to find a good knowledgeable shop around Fullerton.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good shop?
I went to Clark's House of Suspension in Lake Forest last year to get my alignment done. I was very satisfied when it was done.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I went to Clark's House of Suspension in Lake Forest last year to get my alignment done. I was very satisfied when it was done.
That's kind of a drive from Fullerton. Do you remember how much they charged?
Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by benoh
That's kind of a drive from Fullerton. Do you remember how much they charged?
It was like 60 bucks I think. I have had Pep Boys alignments before, but they actually got the car to ride straight for the first time in a long time. I'm assuming they adjusted both the tie rods and the A-arms while Pep Boys only adjusted the tie rods.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Launching!

I live in fullerton and am VERY picky about who align's my car since I got laid off from the dealership and don't have access to an alignment machine anymore, with that said I had the place off commonwealth and euclid align my camaro not too long ago, they did a decent job.

is your sig pic from the bike trail off euclid?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Launching!

and now that i think of it, didn't there used to be a suspension shop off valencia/highland that was a muscle car orientated shop, bee-line? or something like that?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Avoid the place with the big bear sign.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Call up Accurate Alignment in Orange, CA and feel them out. They're familiar with modified stuff and align Ferraris and other exotics pretty constantly.

Originally Posted by m6ttop
Vodies? lol
Old 06-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SoCal01z28
I live in fullerton and am VERY picky about who align's my car since I got laid off from the dealership and don't have access to an alignment machine anymore, with that said I had the place off commonwealth and euclid align my camaro not too long ago, they did a decent job.

is your sig pic from the bike trail off euclid?
Yup, that's the bike trail and it was taken a couple of years ago before they put that signal there.

Which place are you talking about? There are two tire shops there, a Philips Tires and a Big O Tires.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeremy 92 RS
Call up Accurate Alignment in Orange, CA and feel them out. They're familiar with modified stuff and align Ferraris and other exotics pretty constantly.

Vodies? lol
Any experience with them? And the cost? I was on the tgo forums and they told me to try them out. Ill be taking my car out there in a week or two for alignment.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vodies/oscars on 17th street.......I agree its a ghetto run down no computer cash only place.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Got back from Lee and Son Alignment on Harbor and Valencia and they said it'll cost me $75 for the front (cause I'm lowered) and $50 to adjust / align the rear panhard bar.

The guy I spoke to (forgot his name) seemed knowledgeable but $125 for an alignment is too much for me. Saw a couple of hot rods there and seems like they know what they're doing but for that price, I'm willing to drive further for a better deal.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:42 AM
Launching!

125 is not bad and most places will not adjust the rear for you at all. You can always do the rear by your self. It can be done very quickly.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ssteven
Vodies/oscars on 17th street.......I agree its a ghetto run down no computer cash only place.
my friend took his FJ there and his steering fell apart on a trail on top of a mountain.$2500 for a tow......luckily he was reimbursed.

OP save your $50 and do the rear yourself.Lifetime alignment usually runs $125-175.If you had adj. control arms then it would be worth it.I can help if u like.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Teching In

LoL, I actually went there and got nothing bad to say about the place. My alignment was way off after I lowered the camaro, and I tried 6 other alignment shops and was turned away by ALL of them cause they couldn't get my car on the racks without hangin up the LT's.

I went to Vodies since it's drive over pit style, and he zeroed my steering perfect for $60. I'd def use him again. Do you know which guy your friend talked to when he went?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Stillen headquarters is in costa mesa, and they do full race alignments. they even will do the alignment with your car on scales to perfectly balance the car. Im sure you all know who stillen is... they make high end performance stuff for imports, but they do a lot of mustang and camaro stuff now too. trust me this has got to be the best alignment you can get in so cal. but you get what you pay for!

Quick Reply: Good alignment shops in / near Orange County; know any?