Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Where can I get rear spring "weight jacks"?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where can I get rear spring "weight jacks"?

Ok my car has the stance I want but when I go to the track I need to lift
my rear up a little to make room for the Hoosiers...I'm sick of swapping in rear springs and do not want to add air bags...are there any rear weght jack assemblies tht can bused with a Moser 9" rear end??? I've been told the ground control rear spring perches will not work on aftermarket rear ends..I need adjustabilty in my rear ride height if anyone know of any other "adjustable spring perch" style of way???
Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My suggestion would be to try an oval track supplier, such as Afco or Speedway Motors.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i looked at those but have no idea what im looking at??? i can find weight jacks but dont know what will fit my application?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by C Murda
i looked at those but have no idea what im looking at??? i can find weight jacks but dont know what will fit my application?
I'm not sure that you'll find a "direct fit" part for your car. You might have to get something meant for a '68-'76 GM rear drive chassis, as a lot of guys used them for the "street stock" classes, and "adapt" it.

I just noticed your avatar. Are you anywhere near Rehoboth (spelling?)MA. I seem to recal that Koszella's Speed Shop was located there, and they specialized in oval track stuff, assuming they're still in business.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=leadfoot4;13450426]I'm not sure that you'll find a "direct fit" part for your car. You might have to get something meant for a '68-'76 GM rear drive chassis, as a lot of guys used them for the "street stock" classes, and "adapt" it.

I just noticed your avatar. Are you anywhere near Rehoboth (spelling?)MA. I seem to recal that Koszella's Speed Shop was located there, and they specialized in oval track stuff, assuming they're still in business.[/QUOTE

im bout an hr away from there not too bad...maybe ill look them up... but 68-76 GM rear drive still wouldnt work id think cause its a ford rear end?? moser ford 9"
Old 06-10-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

....i'm bout an hr away from there not too bad...maybe ill look them up... but 68-76 GM rear drive still wouldnt work id think cause its a ford rear end?? moser ford 9"
Maybe you're not all that familiar with how the "jacks" work...Essentially, they're the upper mount for the rear spring, but instead of being a "fixed" mount, they are threaded, and this allows the springs to be adjusted up and down, either to change the ride height, if you adjust both springs, or as a "pre-load" adjuster, if you only adjust one of the springs.

For instance, in a drag racing application, you could raise the right rear a touch, to compensate for the torque reaction off the starting line. Therefore, your rear axle doesn't matter.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ya I knew they worked like that but I was looking to getones like in the ground control coilover kit the rear perches mount to the rear end...

Now if I wereto use these circle track weight jacks how would they be mounted on the upper rear spring pocket??
Old 06-11-2010, 02:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Is this what you looking for?
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=820
Old 06-11-2010, 06:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Ya I knew they worked like that but I was looking to get ones like in the ground control coilover kit the rear perches mount to the rear end...

Now if I were to use these circle track weight jacks how would they be mounted on the upper rear spring pocket??
I believe that you'd have to weld them in place.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I have no idea how the aftermarket rearend spring seat compares to stock, but I have them with my stock rearend. I built my suspension for handling, and ended up with a 8"x5" spring sitting on weight jackers. I'm sure that's too low for your application (heck, I think 9x5" would work better for me) and you probably don't want the 5" spring. I can't remember where I got mine off the top of my head, but I found these which are similiar... look at CAP20191 and CAP20192.

http://www.cmwraceparts.com/grp18C.php
Old 06-11-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
this would be great but i really want to avoid cutting and welding like that...
Old 06-11-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I have no idea how the aftermarket rearend spring seat compares to stock, but I have them with my stock rearend. I built my suspension for handling, and ended up with a 8"x5" spring sitting on weight jackers. I'm sure that's too low for your application (heck, I think 9x5" would work better for me) and you probably don't want the 5" spring. I can't remember where I got mine off the top of my head, but I found these which are similiar... look at CAP20191 and CAP20192.

http://www.cmwraceparts.com/grp18C.php
ya those would be more like what im looking for but i dont know how they would mount or sit on the rear end ??? got any pics?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I can try to take photos tonight while the car is on the lift. The inside of the base is hollow, which sits over the stock spring mount on the stock rear axle. The inside diameter of the weight jacker is larger than the outside diameter of the stock spring mount, so it can move around a little.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who told you the ground control F-body perches wont work? the brackets on the axle work in the stock spring position correct? The GC perch fits into the inside of the bracket where the stock spring sits. if there is nowhere for the perch to slide into on your axle bracket than it wont work. I guess it depends on the bracket design. If that makes any sense. I would measure the Inside diameter of the circle part of the spring bracket where the GC perch is supposed to sit and then call ground control with the measurement. And they shoould be able to set you up with something thatll work.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

C Murda, How tall is the lower spring pigtail retainer on the Moser axle tubes (it fits in the center of the lower spring pigtail) ?

If it several inches tall then all you need is some aluminum, or stiff poly spring spacers that will slip over it.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrakJunky
Who told you the ground control F-body perches wont work? the brackets on the axle work in the stock spring position correct? The GC perch fits into the inside of the bracket where the stock spring sits. if there is nowhere for the perch to slide into on your axle bracket than it wont work. I guess it depends on the bracket design. If that makes any sense. I would measure the Inside diameter of the circle part of the spring bracket where the GC perch is supposed to sit and then call ground control with the measurement. And they shoould be able to set you up with something thatll work.
i was told by nearly everyone that the ground control rear perchers wont work on a moser 9" rear end...why..? i dont know...but thats what ive been told...

also 99bluz28 the spring retainers on the axle housing are id sy 2- 2.5" tall...
Old 06-12-2010, 03:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

i was told by nearly everyone that the ground control rear perchers wont work on a moser 9" rear end...why..? i dont know...but thats what ive been told...

also 99bluz28 the spring retainers on the axle housing are id sy 2- 2.5" tall...
If you know the outside Diameter of the spring retainers then match it up with one of these:
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=9.6120
Old 06-12-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
If you know the outside Diameter of the spring retainers then match it up with one of these:
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=9.6120
see those would be perfect if i just wanted to raise the rear and keep it.... but what im trying to do is be able to have the rear ride height adjustable so only when i go to the track i can simply raise it then on the street lower it back down. tired of jacking the car up undoing the shocks dropping the rear swapping springs then vise versa over and over again...i wanna simply jack the car turn something and wala im raised or lowered...

EDIT: BUT!!!! i might add i wanna keep my konis in the rear too...i know there are QA1 rear coilover kits but i spent the money on konis so im keeping them and plus im not a track only car...
Old 06-12-2010, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

IMO,I know you don't want to weld anything, but this sounds like you best option.
http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=849

The only other thing you would need is some shorter Hypercoil rear pigtail springs.

Hypercoils 5.5" O.D. x 11" Tall Pigtail
or
Hypercoils 5.5" O.D. x 12" Tall Pigtail

PM sent.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where can I get rear spring "weight jacks"?