Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 intake to TBSS intake?

Old 05-20-2011, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 intake to TBSS intake?

I was going to switch to the LS6 intake/rails/injectors on my 5.3. But I recently came across a thread that talked about if you have no fitment issues you can swap it for the TBSS intake and TB for cheaper than the LS6. Anybody have any more info on this. Is it really that benificial? Are the harness connectors the same. Im going to be having speartech do my custom harness anyways.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 94formulabird
I was going to switch to the LS6 intake/rails/injectors on my 5.3. But I recently came across a thread that talked about if you have no fitment issues you can swap it for the TBSS intake and TB for cheaper than the LS6. Anybody have any more info on this. Is it really that benificial? Are the harness connectors the same. Im going to be having speartech do my custom harness anyways.
The TBSS intake is better than the truck but not as good as the LS6 in the upper end.

It will bolt right in place of the reg truck intake. Now to run the 90mm DBW TB you have to buy a conversion harness to go from 8 pin to 6 pin for the new throttle bodies it's like $200 bucks. And the TBSS intake is returnless fuel rail as well.

http://www.torquerush.com/Purchase.html
Old 05-21-2011, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a very clean low mile TB ss intake complete w injectors TB etc ill even throw in the dbw pedal for 250 plus the ride from Seattle area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.3 intake to TBSS intake?