Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best Supercharger for 02 WS6??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Supercharger for 02 WS6??

Hello everybody,

this is my first thread so im gona get right into it, I just bought a 02 black on black Trans am with only 21K miles on it, im looking to do some serious mods to the car, i want to put a supercharger on it but i cant seem to find one, i called Vortech and they said they dont make them anymore for F-bodies so he told me to contact RMCR but they dont answer there e-mails or phone...so im stuck

can anybody advise where i can get the best supercharger for my car?

your opionios will very much appreicated, thank you.

Last edited by BlackDevilWS6; 07-28-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Teching In

nobody wanna help out a fellow?
Old 07-28-2011, 06:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

procharger , bob from brutespeed is on here . Go with the d1 kti with a 8 rib setup . Or if you want something that will blow your motor if you want and then you have to build something up go with the f1 .

Bob at brutespeed is your best bet .
Old 07-28-2011, 06:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
procharger , bob from brutespeed is on here . Go with the d1 kti with a 8 rib setup . Or if you want something that will blow your motor if you want and then you have to build something up go with the f1 .

Bob at brutespeed is your best bet .
Thanks, I appreciate it!

To the OP, here is the kit I would go with. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ20...-Speed-Kit.htm

Let me know if you have any questions. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Teching In

Hey, thanks for coming through, the procharger looks really good but the only problem i have is that i can't remove the front plates from my car as its illegal in this country.. and by the looks of how the procharger is installed both the front plates and the fog lights have to go, so i dont think the procharger is a good option for me unless there is a different type i can purchase that can simply be installed in the engine without removing the fog lights or the liscense plate??

do i have any other options for superchargers/prochargers?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:12 AM
TECH Junkie

The Procharger is fine. You not reading or looking. The fmic is an upgrade. It comes with twin ics that mount by the driving lights/turn signals. You can keep your front plate and fogs. It's only when you go big hp abd upgrade to the fmic where you have to lose the fogs
Old 07-28-2011, 07:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Thumbs up

The Procharger is fine. You not reading or looking. The fmic is an upgrade. It comes with twin ics that mount by the driving lights/turn signals. You can keep your front plate and fogs. It's only when you go big hp abd upgrade to the fmic where you have to lose the fogs
Thanks, right on! Bob

Old 07-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Your right i did not read it carefully,thanks for all the help,im a bit of a newbie incase you havent noticed, i'll be contacting bob about the procharger soon, would you recommend any other MODS besides the procharger? i heard theres no use of getting a K&N air intake if im going to be installing a procharger as it comes with its own intake, is that correct? im also thinking about getting the borla cat-back, i need some opinions on what to do, but mainly i want my car to reach over 700 HP
Old 07-28-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Junkie

You really are a newb. You want 700hp and your asking about a catback. Your gonna need headers. Heads. Cam your sc. Big injectors prolly 80lb. Built rear end ford 9. Built up transmission. New clutch flywheel setup. Then wait till the engine blows. But your in way over your head. Get some good headers. Kooks. Either 1 7/8 or 2 inch primary and do the sc setup

Also I forgot. Fast intake. Fast tb and fast rails

Your better off buying a totally done car.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Teching In

You really are a newb. You want 700hp and your asking about a catback
lol..that honestly made me laugh, i mentioned that cat-back because its the first thing im gona get, i dont want to do every single mod there possibly is to my car, how much HP can a procharger give? i dont want to blow my engine like you said, i just want to make my car a very strong car

if a stock WS6 is 325 HP and i only add a procharger, LT headers, full cat-back, cold air intake, how much HP would my car be? i only want the major mods that most people get.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:44 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackDevilWS6
nobody wanna help out a fellow?
I will. Moving this to Forced Induction Forum.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

lol..that honestly made me laugh, i mentioned that cat-back because its the first thing im gona get, i dont want to do every single mod there possibly is to my car, how much HP can a procharger give? i dont want to blow my engine like you said, i just want to make my car a very strong car

if a stock WS6 is 325 HP and i only add a procharger, LT headers, full cat-back, cold air intake, how much HP would my car be? i only want the major mods that most people get.
It should get you into the 500 rwhp range. The cold air intake is not needed as it is part of the ProCharger system. I would add subframe connectors, as these cars really need them to keep the chassis structure solid when adding a lot of power. http://shop.brutespeed.com/BMR-SFC00...BMR-SFC001.htm Bob

Old 08-01-2011, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

enjoy
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...re-2010-a.html
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, thanks for coming through, the procharger looks really good but the only problem i have is that i can't remove the front plates from my car as its illegal in this country.. and by the looks of how the procharger is installed both the front plates and the fog lights have to go, so i dont think the procharger is a good option for me unless there is a different type i can purchase that can simply be installed in the engine without removing the fog lights or the liscense plate??

do i have any other options for superchargers/prochargers?

Where are you located in Canada ?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Thanks, I appreciate it!

To the OP, here is the kit I would go with. http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ20...-Speed-Kit.htm

Let me know if you have any questions. Bob
Does this kit still require the fan removal and replacement with a single unit? I've heard of overheating issues with the single fan and actually seen one personally.

Last edited by S1LV3R; 08-02-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
It should get you into the 500 rwhp range. The cold air intake is not needed as it is part of the ProCharger system. I would add subframe connectors, as these cars really need them to keep the chassis structure solid when adding a lot of power. http://shop.brutespeed.com/BMR-SFC00...BMR-SFC001.htm Bob
Thanks for the info bob, i tried calling the number on your site but nobody answered the phone, i need to know the pricing for the procharger (with shipping)

please advise if theres any additional items i should get along with the procharger.. like the subframe connectors that you mentioned so i can avoid any problems i might face in the future, PM me with this info plz and tell me what is the best way to contact you for purchasing..etc etc
Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wildta
Where are you located in Canada ?
no, middle-east
Old 08-02-2011, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

My car made 604 rwhp with a cam and a FAST 90 intake on 13 psi with a stock (130k) motor but I had to put Lonnies twin pump in the tank. But thats just the first step I went through 3 rearends and 7 trannies before going with a 9 inch and a lvl 7 RPM. If I were you I would keep the boost under 9lbs and it will live a lot longer. jeff
Old 08-02-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

you were running 13psi on a stock block ? p1 or d1
Old 08-02-2011, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

you were running 13psi on a stock block ? p1 or d1
It was a D1 and a complete stock LS1 except for the cam. It ran great for a year and then I bumped the boost to 15lbs and it lasted a month and lifted a head. jeff

Quick Reply: Best Supercharger for 02 WS6??