Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

BLS 93-97 Camaro Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit - Install Pics!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking BLS 93-97 Camaro Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit - Install Pics!

UPDATE - PICS ON PAGE 5 - INSTALL COMPLETED

Well we are in the home stretch with this project. After probably 5 or 6 different designs and a ton of trial and error, this is what we will be looking to install in the next couple weeks. As with our other designs, this setup will be plug and play with the customer having the choice of purchasing just two bi-xenon projector units or all four. The housing is made from high quality Delrin with precision machined tolerances.

These will require no cutting or major modification to the plastic headlight header panel. Four holes will be drilled but this will not affect the ability to return everything to stock....not sure why you would but you could. All wiring will be plug and play.

Since these just got done, we just need to work with a few local Camaro owners to get these installed. The thread will be updated with pics as we go along with the install while showing the light output customers can expect. Once there has been enough run-time on them and all looks good, we will release these for sale. Prices are not finalized but expect the two units to be a bit more expensive than our 98-02 Firebird low beam only kits.

Last edited by BLSolutions; 12-11-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on making it come to fruition, Brian.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Looks great. I wonder how much a tinted lense or etched glass would hinder light output
Old 11-23-2011, 05:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by pancho toco loco
Looks great. I wonder how much a tinted lense or etched glass would hinder light output
Thanks. We still have a few options with the material for the front lens and can look into different styles. The flash from the camera makes them stand out but its much more subdued in person.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Resident

Wow those are pretty cool.. Great work.. I wish I still had my 95z I would have got these
Old 11-23-2011, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we get a comparison pic of the new design next to an OEM headlamp ? Doesnt
matter if its on the table or not . Just for a overall size comparison between the two .
Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Not final housing unit - this unit did not have the front lens and different overall dimensions (taller/wider)
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w...o/IMG_0043.jpg
Hey my car is famous! Lol. Looking foward to getting these bad boys permanently installed on my car
Old 11-23-2011, 09:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ZL1LT1
matter if its on the table or not . Just for a overall size comparison between the two .
I will get the pic tomorrow as we have a set of stockers in the buckets sitting on the work bench. The top to bottom dimension is 2.5" so these will be just about the size of the factory headlamps in the bucket. The pic with the car is a larger housing as mentioned which was too tall (about 3.25").

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
Hey my car is famous! Lol. Looking foward to getting these bad boys permanently installed on my car
Thanks for the help so far. I will be in touch.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Ill go outside in the morning and take a pic of my car at that angle, since the stock light is back in...
Old 11-24-2011, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

Eagerly awaiting
Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks. We still have a few options with the material for the front lens and can look into different styles. The flash from the camera makes them stand out but its much more subdued in person.
sounds great. Im glad to see a real proper retrofit for this style of light. Since your a NJ native like me Im sure you cringe everytime you drive at night and you see some yo yo who just popped hids in there factory non-projector housings
Old 11-24-2011, 08:06 AM
FormerVendor

As promised. Apologies for the cell phone pics on a coffee table. In case you are curious, the new housing will fit in the low beam position but will sit forward just a little bit. It will not come past the hood line which was a very important detail for aesthetic reasons.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks a lot more finished than a lot of the hackjobs out there
Old 11-24-2011, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

not to shabby, i will be honest though.... i dont get why everyone wants to switch to projectors, yes the cut offs are much better, but you get better light output out of a typical reflective housing
Old 11-24-2011, 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
Looks a lot more finished than a lot of the hackjobs out there
Thanks man

Originally Posted by __Z__
not to shabby, i will be honest though.... i dont get why everyone wants to switch to projectors, yes the cut offs are much better, but you get better light output out of a typical reflective housing
There are a bunch of reasons why you would choose a projector over a reflector housing. The cutoff is not the only advantage and basically you achieve better light distribution, uniformity and distance with a proper projector. Halogen reflector housings with HIDs commonly throw light in a number of directions (glare) with little focus to where you really want the light.

So again, the big benefit of a projector is putting all of the lamps output to where you want it rather than wasting it in areas where its not needed. This is why you will see tons of modern cars, halogen or HID, using projectors due to their superior light output.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

this why you will see tons of modern cars, halogen or HID, using projectors due to their superior light output.
correct, but those cars were also originally designed (both housing shape, as well as projector size) to use projectors, where as with the camaro, your taking a size that has been pre established for a reflector type housing and attempting to fit projectors in their place

i will say regardless though that this does look like the best looking projectors ive ever seen for the camaros

i dislike alot of the retro fits bc they get away from using square housings and circles just dont look right with the original camaro body lines
Old 11-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Looks lame.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Looks lame.
Looks like 12s
Old 11-24-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those look amazing! I can't wait to see some on car shots and output comparisons as well!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

i like what i see! i like it alot! that's pretty much what i was hoping the proj would be. size looks perfect; pretty much the same size as the stockers, but slightly smaller (that's what it looks like to me). being that the gm stocker light to bumper clearance is pretty crappy to non-existent on the edges, those housing look like they will just drop right in. i'm excited to see on car shots with a quad setup!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BLS 93-97 Camaro Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit - Install Pics!