Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Repainting car white. Whats the brightest white? Alpine white

Old 12-11-2011, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repainting car white. Whats the brightest white? Alpine white

After my accident I repaired the front end of my car from a donor car so now half my car is red. When I bought the car it appeared it had a cheap paint job on it so now that I have to repaint that anyways I decided I want to paint my whole car and will be doing so within the next month. Whats one of the brightest whites I can go with? I was thinking alpine white which you see on BMW's. Other suggestions are welcome.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Toyota 040 or gm wa8624 good brite whites, n match pretty good if u ever have to repaint.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SinisterZ28
Toyota 040 or gm wa8624 good brite whites, n match pretty good if u ever have to repaint.
Yeah never thought of those whites. How about the Subaru Aspen white?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Another choice would be a Audi White. Also consider the clear as part of the final say on color. You don't want a cheap clear that will Amber over time from UV exposure. I'd recommend spies hecker for your BC CC
Old 12-11-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

White is the whitest but not my favorite. I like a lil blue mixed in.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

Audi white is nice not sure what the paint code is tho. How about starfire pearl? I am staying white either way but maybe I should mix it up and get pearl
Old 12-11-2011, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

Agreed with the spies hecker paint, if you like white pearl look at 070 Toyota its a nice pearl. You could have alittle blue pearl added in to make it alittle more custom or ask to see if the paint stores altanate chips n pick the one you like the best, goes with the other whites you like, you can pick a alternate that you like the best n just remember witch alt. in case you have to repaint.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Agreed with the spies hecker paint, if you like white pearl look at 070 Toyota its a nice pearl. You could have alittle blue pearl added in to make it alittle more custom or ask to see if the paint stores altanate chips n pick the one you like the best, goes with the other whites you like, you can pick a alternate that you like the best n just remember witch alt. in case you have to repaint.
Its 070 Blizzard Pearl and yes I would say that is definitely a nice color.

Kinda stuck between Blizzard Pearl and Starfire Pearl now. Good thing I got atleast a couple weeks to think about it before I bring it to the paint shop. Will be doing a ceta mod at the same time as well
Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 AM
TECH Regular

070 is blizzard pearl, starfire I'll have to look up at work, it wool look clean if you decide to go with th pearl, someone has a pearl white TA with blue pearl stripes and is awsome looking, one of my favorites. Keep in mind a tri-coat will cost more but will look really nice.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

070 is blizzard pearl, starfire I'll have to look up at work, it wool look clean if you decide to go with th pearl, someone has a pearl white TA with blue pearl stripes and is awsome looking, one of my favorites. Keep in mind a tri-coat will cost more but will look really nice.
I am leaning towards Starfire Pearl which I believe is 077. And yes I understand it will cost more which I am prepared for. Was estimated 3300 to repaint whole car white and I imagine making it a tri-coat wouldn't cost to much more
Old 12-12-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Just a side note for you to mention to the shop if you go w/ a three stage paint job, Tell them you are concerned with blotches and tiger stripes when the car is viewd in the sun, If you ever seen a Pearl white Caddy you will know what I mean.. This will get in there mind that you know what your looking for and to take there time and do the job correctly... Also tell them your also concerned about seeing sand marks from prepping in the paint along w/ tack rag marks...............
Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pancho toco loco
Just a side note for you to mention to the shop if you go w/ a three stage paint job, Tell them you are concerned with blotches and tiger stripes when the car is viewd in the sun, If you ever seen a Pearl white Caddy you will know what I mean.. This will get in there mind that you know what your looking for and to take there time and do the job correctly... Also tell them your also concerned about seeing sand marks from prepping in the paint along w/ tack rag marks...............

Yeah I hear all that. My honest biggest concern with pearl is if I get a scratch or something and I want to get it repaired it will be hard to match which is exactly why I am keeping alpine white in the back of my head. Alpine white is also cheaper then the tri-coat leaving me money for new wheels. Good thing I got a couple weeks to sleep on it
Old 12-13-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

If your worried about possible future repairs I think you answered yourself on which way to go..........
Old 12-13-2011, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pancho toco loco
If your worried about possible future repairs I think you answered yourself on which way to go..........
Yeah I think you may be right. I'll use the extra money left over from not getting pearl to get new wheels =)
Old 12-13-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the brightest OEM color is on the 94-01 integras.. frost white.. the whitest white you can get is made by house of kolor.. dont know the name tho... they should have it.. if i were you, id go with an OEM color so you can touch up it need be...
Old 12-13-2011, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
the brightest OEM color is on the 94-01 integras.. frost white.. the whitest white you can get is made by house of kolor.. dont know the name tho... they should have it.. if i were you, id go with an OEM color so you can touch up it need be...
All the whites I have been looking at are OEM. Alpine white 300 off the new BMW's is my top choice right now now that I decided against pearl
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my car is white, an im glad you posted this, i myself was going to do a pearl an got worried about matching if i change up hoods or something, so i think im just going back really white an just leave my wheels pearl white like they are.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honestly, white is white.. you wont be able to really see the "whitest" unless its next to another white car... all the same, it will look sick im sure..
Old 12-13-2011, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Subscribing. I want to do a repaint and if I keep my car white this thread will prove useful. Can't wait to see the final results
Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
honestly, white is white.. you wont be able to really see the "whitest" unless its next to another white car... all the same, it will look sick im sure..
Yeah your right. Don't notice really till its parked next to another car then my white looks dull as hell. Whole reason I am repainting is because of my accident so half my car is red right now and the rest has a cheap paint job from the previous owner on it that is flaking everywhere. It will look great. Another reason I am going for a specific white is because some look completely different when the sun goes down. Everytime I see a BMW night or day its always bright white and doesn't look discolored under street lights. Just what I noticed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Repainting car white. Whats the brightest white? Alpine white