Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Default GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!

So I was trolling ebay and found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PONTIAC-GTO-...#ht_500wt_1180

and gave it a try. I contacted the seller and they did it with grey stitching at no extra charge. Leather quality is great and the stitching color matched pretty well. I dont think you can beat it for $24 shipped. Delivery to my door took 5 days.

Here are some pics:

Old 02-07-2012, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where'd you get the ****?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

Its a GT500 ****. Great weight to them. I sell them with my shifters that I modify. PM me if you want to buy. They are not expensive. You would get the shift **** and thread stalk to weld on your shifter.

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Where'd you get the ****?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is that frame the boot is attached to? I'm in desparate need of a new ring more than a boot. I wouldn't mind a snazzy new boot tho . . .
Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 AM
TECH Resident

LAYGO: I remember commenting on ur shifter about ur bezel, I guess u didnt see it. The bezel is just the factory one with the paint/rubber coating scrapped off of it. Real easy to remove. Use your fingernail or a plastic scrapper. Underneath is a shiny black plastic. If I remember yours is pretty scratched up. Let me know if u have any more questions.

Originally Posted by LAYGO
What is that frame the boot is attached to? I'm in desparate need of a new ring more than a boot. I wouldn't mind a snazzy new boot tho . . .
Old 02-08-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by azn2dmax
LAYGO: I remember commenting on ur shifter about ur bezel, I guess u didnt see it. The bezel is just the factory one with the paint/rubber coating scrapped off of it. Real easy to remove. Use your fingernail or a plastic scrapper. Underneath is a shiny black plastic. If I remember yours is pretty scratched up. Let me know if u have any more questions.
Yea, I remember that comment, but I didn't realize that's what it looks like with it all removed. Wonder if PlastiDip would look ok on it after all that crap is removed?

That same rubberized crap is on the dash bezels too.

My boot bezels IS gnarly:

Still love my shifter with the white **** though:
Old 02-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the tip, this might be the comprimise I was looking for, since I wanted a V2 ****, but Holden boot.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeaaa budddy looks good w/ the shelby ****.. i have the same one with the Gto **** thou. needs more weight.

I painted my trim bezel gloss black.. hated it b/c it stuck out to much haha then painted it flat black looked great before the install of the shiftboot.. haha should have used a clear coat..

i want a TWM shift ***** but 130+ for the one i want is alittle steep.. and that with no gear indicator
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks! Love your steering wheel!!

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
Yeaaa budddy looks good w/ the shelby ****.. i have the same one with the Gto **** thou. needs more weight.

I painted my trim bezel gloss black.. hated it b/c it stuck out to much haha then painted it flat black looked great before the install of the shiftboot.. haha should have used a clear coat..

i want a TWM shift ***** but 130+ for the one i want is alittle steep.. and that with no gear indicator
Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 AM
Teching In

I just Dipped my shifter bezel, waiting on a Redline boot to show up. Wish I had seen that before I went with Redline.

I'll get pics up with the masked off bezel under 4 coats of plastidip. If the damn boot shows, I'll take pics of the final setup.

Figure if the Dip don't work, I can always paint it later.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

and gave it a try. I contacted the seller and they did it with grey stitching at no extra charge. Leather quality is great and the stitching color matched pretty well. I dont think you can beat it for $24 shipped. Delivery to my door took 5 days.
How long did it take them to get back to you? I sent them a question asking about how to get one with grey stitching instead of red and still no response...
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

They were pretty quick with their response. Same day actually. Maybe message them again.

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
How long did it take them to get back to you? I sent them a question asking about how to get one with grey stitching instead of red and still no response...
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

i tired to plastidip the bezel as well but no matter how many coats i laid down it would never dry with a consistent finish.. a tiny pot mark here and there made me strip it and do the flat black.. poast pics when your done

Thanks! Love your steering wheel!!
cant go wrong with swayyyydeeeeee
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great, I may have to order that boot too, thanks for sharing!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PONTIAC-GTO-...#ht_500wt_1180

Here are some pics:

Does this snap right in to the stock trim ring or is there a bit of work there to get it to fit?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Found some threads looks like a bit of work but not bad removing the old and fitting the new boot.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by garrettg
Found some threads looks like a bit of work but not bad removing the old and fitting the new boot.
If you don't mind post some links to the threads you found about this. I have a 2005 CTS-V and I am very interested.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
If you don't mind post some links to the threads you found about this. I have a 2005 CTS-V and I am very interested.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...boot-pics.html

Should be a step easier then this writeup since it doesn't come attached to any trim ring.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Its a 15 min job. Real easy. The how to thread^^^^^ is really good. Sorry I didnt post a how to.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Since I promised pics when I was done... I'm done. I might change the way the boot sits just a hair, but here she is.

The boot is a Redline boot with tan stitching. The **** is a TWM Performance Piston **** with my 'holy crap that's cold' o-ring mod. Makes a world of difference. You can call that the VinATL mod.

The bezel is 4 coats of Plastidip. I scraped off the rubber coating of crap, and wet sanded it. Came out well. The little tiny spec is painters tape that didn't come off, which I just noticed.
Attached Thumbnails GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1181.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1182.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1183.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1184.jpg   GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!-img_1185.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GTO Leather Shift Boot with Grey Stitch Fits!!