LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

tps adjustment?? 94 camaro lt1

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tps adjustment?? 94 camaro lt1

Ive been hitting rev limiter 1-2 shifts at high throtle or wot. My shift points have been lowered to 5800rpm and my revlimiter is set to 6495.
Befor i pull trigger for new trans. Im checking tps voltage. I understand correct voltage is .67v closed throttle, and 4.5 wot.
My car reads .62 closed throttle and 4.66 wot.
Ive reads the golen instructions.
My question to you tech junkies is, If i get closed voltage correct, will it raise the wot voltage? Or, should i shoot for getting the wot voltage correct.
Or in an ideal world twisting the tps a bit should lower one voltage and raise the other?
Techs remarks and help I APPERCIATE!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

There is nothing wrong with your TPS voltage. You don't need to touch it. It does not have to be a set amount at closed idle as long as it is in the range of .3v-.9v. The computer checks the voltage at every key ON sequence and if it is within that range, it sets that as 0% throttle.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When there was something internally wrong with 1 of the 3 "built" transmissions I bought it would be all over the rev limiter to the point that I would have to back out of it let it shift. Turned out it had a fractured sunshell. Most likely a defect in the sunshell but it caused this problem for months before it finally broke. It showed other signs something was wrong. It would not hold first gear when I held it in low 1. The stock sunshells are a known weak point. How many miles are on the trans?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jaycenk
When there was something internally wrong with 1 of the 3 "built" transmissions I bought it would be all over the rev limiter to the point that I would have to back out of it let it shift. Turned out it had a fractured sunshell. Most likely a defect in the sunshell but it caused this problem for months before it finally broke. It showed other signs something was wrong. It would not hold first gear when I held it in low 1. The stock sunshells are a known weak point. How many miles are on the trans?

69000 miles, performbuilt time??
Old 02-29-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Thats not a lot of miles. Has it been serviced recently? When was the last time it had a filter and fluid change? Filters that are even lightly clogged can cause it to loose a little pressure and fail to shift on time. I would start by checking fluid level, smell, and color. possible just do a filter and fluid change and see what happens. If it's still acting up have someone throw some gauges on it and see what the pressures are doing.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Thats not a lot of miles. Has it been serviced recently? When was the last time it had a filter and fluid change? Filters that are even lightly clogged can cause it to loose a little pressure and fail to shift on time. I would start by checking fluid level, smell, and color. possible just do a filter and fluid change and see what happens. If it's still acting up have someone throw some gauges on it and see what the pressures are doing.
LOL All fluids and filters were changed when i bought car 2 years ago, then tranny fluid again and filter,with the edge 3500 instal and 373 gears ,about last spring.
I bought a trans go kit, but shop wants $400 to instal it, and it might just be a bandaid.
I need to find a local shop, to f%#* with it. and figure things out.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

Did it have a tune? If so you will need to know if they made any changes to boost line pressure. Boosting line pressure on anything that is built to do it already mechanically can be bad as well. Most just have them leave the line pressure stock and have the trans built with a modded valve body. Some of the performance builders are not covering repairs if you had the line pressure boosted in the tune and did not tell them before they build one for you.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Did it have a tune? If so you will need to know if they made any changes to boost line pressure. Boosting line pressure on anything that is built to do it already mechanically can be bad as well. Most just have them leave the line pressure stock and have the trans built with a modded valve body. Some of the performance builders are not covering repairs if you had the line pressure boosted in the tune and did not tell them before they build one for you.
The tune did raise the line pressure for firmer shifts, according to ,pcmforless,
But I have a stock trans with just an edge 3500 converter.
With so few miles , and not so much hp,(maybe 330 -350), im hoping for it to be something $Cheap to repair.
The local trans shop, took the car for a ride and said its accectable, for every day driving,BUT WHO WANTS TO DO THAT?
The car sits all week <We both living for the weekend lol
Old 03-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by shbox
There is nothing wrong with your TPS voltage. You don't need to touch it. It does not have to be a set amount at closed idle as long as it is in the range of .3v-.9v. The computer checks the voltage at every key ON sequence and if it is within that range, it sets that as 0% throttle.
Thanks again
Old 03-01-2012, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Search for "stall wall" on here. Sounds similar to your issue?
Old 03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Launching!

That sounds like Stall Wall. Send the PCM back to PCM4Less and have them fix the issue. Unfortunately they will charge you a fee even though you told them you have the stall before they did the tune. They can fix it though.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

To you all that chimed in.
It was the stall wall issue. Just got the pcm back and runs ands shifts like a mo fo.
thanks techies
Happy St Pattys Day!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

cool deal.

Quick Reply: tps adjustment?? 94 camaro lt1