Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

New airman here...at sheppard for now...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New airman here...at sheppard for now...

Hey all its been a while since I have posted. Main reason is I went into BMT November 15th. It was a great experience. I am a reservist and will be working out of McGuire AFB. I am a police officer outside in the civilian world so I wanted to come into the AF to learn something that I can use on the outside rather than security forces which wouldn't really teach me much more than I already have been taught.
Anyway I am in tech school at Sheppard training to be a crew chief on the KC-10's. I just started class and am trying to keep up on my work so I can get the best grades I can.
I have seen a few Ls1's and Lt1's riding around the base, as well as a few mustangs. Anyone on here own any of those cars?
I will only be here until March or else I would have had my baby shipped to me.
Well I just wanted to check in and say hi.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my advice switch someone for travis, mcguire blows. im a kc10 crew chief also. if mr. goldener is still there talkin **** about how the kc135 is the best give him hell. lol
Old 02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

when I went there for ammo tech school I never noticed any LSX cars but I wasn't into cars at all at the time, I hear there's a lot of vettes with straight pipes though. It isn't too bad there but all I went off base for was beef jerky and strip club.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:03 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by usafws6
...how the kc135 is the best give him hell. lol
-135 is still the best.

Except no FE, air conditioning, fancy airliner headphones, receiver capable (most of em)...eh -135 still rocks though.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Teching In

+1, Travis is muuuuuuch better than MDL. (I've been at Travis for 6 years and am just now PCSing due to retraining)
Old 02-24-2012, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1ssws6
Hey all its been a while since I have posted. Main reason is I went into BMT November 15th. It was a great experience. I am a reservist and will be working out of McGuire AFB. I am a police officer outside in the civilian world so I wanted to come into the AF to learn something that I can use on the outside rather than security forces which wouldn't really teach me much more than I already have been taught.
Anyway I am in tech school at Sheppard training to be a crew chief on the KC-10's. I just started class and am trying to keep up on my work so I can get the best grades I can.
I have seen a few Ls1's and Lt1's riding around the base, as well as a few mustangs. Anyone on here own any of those cars?
I will only be here until March or else I would have had my baby shipped to me.
Well I just wanted to check in and say hi.

did you pick to be a crew chief?? just be glad you're a reservist lol
Old 02-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Launching!

my advice switch someone for travis, mcguire blows. im a kc10 crew chief also. if mr. goldener is still there talkin **** about how the kc135 is the best give him hell. lol
im reserve and im a cop in philly so it wouldnt benefit me to switch. I assume your at travis now? We have 9 people in our class, only 2 are going to Travis. Myself and one other are the ot=nly reservists and were both goin to mcguire.

Originally Posted by AndyIsLost
when I went there for ammo tech school I never noticed any LSX cars but I wasn't into cars at all at the time, I hear there's a lot of vettes with straight pipes though. It isn't too bad there but all I went off base for was beef jerky and strip club.
yea a TON of vettes but even more mustangs...everywhere you turn is a mustang...i only go offbase for sonic and the mall lol

Originally Posted by JHL88
did you pick to be a crew chief?? just be glad you're a reservist lol
yea i picked crew chief. why do you ask and why should i be glad im a reservists?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea ive heard we were getting two new guys. Theyre not complete retards are they? Yep im at Travis now I just put on SSgt the other day. Your lucky your a reservist because AD crew chiefs get pimped out and are treated like slaves.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Launching!

yea ive heard we were getting two new guys. Theyre not complete retards are they? Yep im at Travis now I just put on SSgt the other day. Your lucky your a reservist because AD crew chiefs get pimped out and are treated like slaves.
welll........lol...no they are cool...the one guy is around 25 and lived in japan before joining and the other kid is younger...deepest voice ive heard in my life haha but they are cool and have passed all the tests and seem to know what they are doing.

I have heard being a crew chief is a pretty cool job especially if your reservist, so im definetly excited. Any words of advice for me going to mcguire?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

have fun doing bpo's and what not in the snow. lol
Old 03-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Launching!

have fun doing bpo's and what not in the snow. lol
haha...i wont mind, i worked outside for 5 years, summer and winter so that wont bother me. I got done my fundies class 2 weeks ago, now were doing power points on changing wheels/brakes, servicing hydraulic parts etc etc but there are no kc-10s here so its pointless when well be learning all that hands on at mcguire. We graduate friday and ill be at mcguire tuesday, i cant wait!
Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

That base has changed a good bit...those fancy high rise were no where in sight when I went through. I don't even think PDA park still exist. I had fun there though...was just 19, now I'm 32...holly **** I'm getting old. No thanks on W. TX though...what a dump!
Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99WS7
That base has changed a good bit...those fancy high rise were no where in sight when I went through. I don't even think PDA park still exist. I had fun there though...was just 19, now I'm 32...holly **** I'm getting old. No thanks on W. TX though...what a dump!
PDA park does still exist!!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

lol, good **** on PDA...I had a blast out there as a youngster....peeps still pullin the med umm girls.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I was at shepherd for fuels tech.....I hated not having my Canaries with me ..all the little douches in their...4.6 gts...I hated to see one drive by....I always thought to myself "I would so beat ur ***"

Quick Reply: New airman here...at sheppard for now...