Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

anyone know about dd form 368?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know about dd form 368?

I am active duty e-5 and i want to go to the dark side (officer) with the way its looking green to gold is now becoming a farcry for many that want it. My LT i have now was 12 years prior AF that did a dd 368 conditional release and he suggests that is probably the best route. The way im looking at going about this is doing the 368 and then going to school and attending ROTC for a commision... anyone shed some light on this? the only info i find about the 368 is for reserve or ng guys going active... can you go active to ng with this form?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Not sure I get what you are wanting to do.

You want to use the 368 to transfer to the reserves and attend college while serving in the reserves to eventually get a commission to go back into the Active Army or Reserves? I don't see why you couldn't do this.

Or, you want to use the 368 to leave the active duty and not join the reserves until you have completed school and can then get a commission in the Reserves or Active Army? I don't see either side as willing to accept this option.

Form just states a transfer between reserves and regular service. Sounds like it would work both ways to me. Reserve > Active = Active > Reserve

Sounds like you need a reserve recruiter.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

yes im asking about active to reserve while i attend school... but to no aveil i talked with the university i want to attend and they wont accept the most recent classes ive taken due to the college being unaccredited sooo im kind of back to square 1 thanks though
Old 04-27-2012, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you did a transfer to ng or reserves while attending rotc youd be a cosidered a cadet or a "dot" as we call them bc in place of normal rank on your acus youll be wearing a big black dot. They gget paid as either an e-5 or e-6 on drill weekends not entirelyy sure whichh it iss. One of them was 5 years prior air force. Its sounding like it might be your best bet as trying to go green to gold with the budget the way it is now is hard evenn in the guard. At least as far as south carolina goes now other states may be better off but probably not by much.

Quick Reply: anyone know about dd form 368?