Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

04 gto flooding!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 gto flooding!

Hello, if anyone could help me it'd be much appreciated. If you are able to call me or txt me to make this process faster that'd be awesome.

For a few months now I've had a wet floor on my passenger side when it rains. At first I thought it was just my front seats floo4 cuz my gf would always say her feet r getting wet. But then after cleaning out and vacing my car I found that the back seats floor was sobing wet, not entirely pudling but the matt was soaked.

I've read on another forum by a guy who's posted pictures explaining that their is a hole in the front part of ur wheel well and I've taken off my tire and examined it for a good half hour and couldn't find anything so I ended up calking what I thought might be a "hole" but I am not convinced at all. So apparently my rocker pannel is clogged withb stones and such and that's causing it ti flood.

If any1 could respond to this asap id greatly appreciate it, I hear it can have a conflict with the airbag sensor and I am not much of a wizz at this infact ill admit I'm quite ignorant. Thanks for all your time. ~Rob
Old 05-05-2012, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

As for the rear man i'm not sure maybe a seam sealer issue or body plug in the floor pan. The front however is typical to leak at the windshield seal. Have a body shop or yourself if you can properly leak test it. Or just get ur insurance to replace it. Be weary of brand of glass you use I've heard aftermarkets glass leaks worse because it's not as thick as OE.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

OP,
This was happenening to my car as well, and i will try to detail the fix and the reasons why it happens.
First of all you need to remove the Rocker Covers. They are the long plastic pieces that run from the back of the front wheel well to the front of the back wheels well and run under the door.
Once theose are out, jack up that side of the car slightly and crawl under there.
The issue (most likely) casing the flooding are called "weep plugs". The are little rubber insets that are pused into the bottom of the rocker panel area and you can just pop them out by hand. (and discard)
They are designed originaly to let water flow one way- out of the car. Yet as dirt and debris builds up over the years they got clogged up as the orifices in them as so small. Once they are clogged water cannot leak out from the bottom of the rockers and it fills to a point that it washes into the interior. This can cause wet carpets in both the front and rear floor wells and even a malfunction code (as you mentioned) of the seat belt wiring gets wet. (which will go away once things dry out)
SO over all its a simple fix, just remove both plastic rocker panels, pull out the 4 ( or so) rubber weep lugs on each side and that will allow all the ater to drain out correctly.

Keep in mind you my have another issue going on and my advice my not completely fix the issue, its just the best i could do based off your description and my own experiences.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...light=flooding
here is a link to the thread.
Its a long read, but lots of good information and ideas in it.
Good luck!
--Glenn
Old 05-06-2012, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

^^ what he said. I had the same exact problem, but on the drivers side right after i bought it. It flooded both the front and rear footwells. I took off the side skirt and end covers. then i pulled all those little drain plugs and water poured out. I then got a hose and rinsed all the dirt and **** out of the rocker, sprayed some compressed air in to dry it a little, and popped those plugs back in. Havent had a problem since I did it over a year ago.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

The inside of my rocker looked clean... idk if I'm convinced that's my problem... th best I could come up with is a small hole in the calking on the floor pan Is the rocker suppose to look dirty from the inside if that's my problem? Where is the water pouring out from? The rocker pannel?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

Hope you get that fixed, floor rusted through?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

No, the floor pan is made out of like rubbery plastic or something of the other

Quick Reply: 04 gto flooding!