Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Champion 800+hp emissions legal 502

Old 11-22-2012, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Champion 800+hp emissions legal 502

Check out our latest NA build!!! Emissions legal, fits under stock hood, and has 20inches of vacuum at 900rpm. RWHP #'s coming soon.
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...g/DSC00675.jpg
http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...g/DSC00676.jpg

double click in box for video

Last edited by Rob@ChampionMotors; 11-27-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are the specs?? sounds mean!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:43 AM
FormerVendor

Street roller with spring seat pressure of 140lbs
20 inches of vac at 900 RPM
CHAMPION CUSTOM INTAKE
11 TO 1 COMPRESSION
More details and pics soon
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice..
LSX or RHS? Resleved ?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
9 Second Club

Any updates more info.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LSX-coupe
Any updates more info.
Should be on chassis dyno by next week.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Waiting on those dyno #'s.....
Old 01-03-2013, 01:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty impressive.. Just curious if you are willing to share intake lobe info. IE duration/lobe lift.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Those didn't look like LS valve covers to me. And whats up with the cardboard covering up the so-called "RHS"? Because if it's a 502, it has to be either an LSX, RHS or Dart tall deck block. A factory GM isn't capable of 502ci or any other standard deck for that matter. Not trying to be a butt hole, just asking.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 214Chevelle
Those didn't look like LS valve covers to me. And whats up with the cardboard covering up the so-called "RHS"? Because if it's a 502, it has to be either an LSX, RHS or Dart tall deck block. A factory GM isn't capable of 502ci or any other standard deck for that matter. Not trying to be a butt hole, just asking.
Tall deck ls block and aftermarket ls heads, we didn't get any sponsorships from manufacturers for this project hense the cardboard.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Champion Motorsports just took the CHAMPIONSHIP of the worst shop post on LS1tech. You've posted the same thing in 10 different places, provided little to no information or detail, and not even any pictures of the motor itself...

I'm sure you would get a lot more interest in this "awesome" build if you posted this in one place, with all the information you have (what components are in it etc...), and some real nice pictures.

This appears to be an impressive build - but a much less impressive introduction of it. Sorry if that was harsh, just sayin.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Launching!

What he said!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Haans249
Champion Motorsports just took the CHAMPIONSHIP of the worst shop post on LS1tech. You've posted the same thing in 10 different places, provided little to no information or detail, and not even any pictures of the motor itself...

I'm sure you would get a lot more interest in this "awesome" build if you posted this in one place, with all the information you have (what components are in it etc...), and some real nice pictures.

This appears to be an impressive build - but a much less impressive introduction of it. Sorry if that was harsh, just sayin.
We are having problems with intake plastic runners cracking, once it is chassis dynoed pictures and results will be posted.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Champion Motors
We are having problems with intake plastic runners cracking, once it is chassis dynoed pictures and results will be posted.
Interesting, it did not dawn on me that you used a FAST intake on those heads. Nice work, hope you can find a resin that will hold up to the temps and fatigue.

I know a guy out of the USA doing 3D prototypes in Titanium, would not be cheap though.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM

Actually the way I see it, It's not a bad marketing move to post little to no info other than the numbers and a phone number. Anyone genuinely interested in buying this combo would most likely pick up the phone and call them directly (or PM them). Otherwise they are wasting time answering non-buyers question.

We would all love to know the info on the build for our selfish reasons. What can we learn from their build to improve upon our own? How many of us are asking for that info for free? I'm guilty of it too. Just my $0.02
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 AM
TECH Addict

CHAMPION CUSTOM INTAKE
Originally Posted by RAMPANT
Interesting, it did not dawn on me that you used a FAST intake on those heads. Nice work, hope you can find a resin that will hold up to the temps and fatigue.

I know a guy out of the USA doing 3D prototypes in Titanium, would not be cheap though.
Don't think they did D.....looks like something they came up with.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LIL SS
Actually the way I see it, It's not a bad marketing move to post little to no info other than the numbers and a phone number. Anyone genuinely interested in buying this combo would most likely pick up the phone and call them directly (or PM them). Otherwise they are wasting time answering non-buyers question.

We would all love to know the info on the build for our selfish reasons. What can we learn from their build to improve upon our own? How many of us are asking for that info for free? I'm guilty of it too. Just my $0.02
I see what you're saying, but when you post on a thread for "discussion" that's the chance you take. I also understand for potential buyers you have to advertise, but you have to be willing to answer questions because you don't know who your buyers will be. No difference than when someone walks on to a car lot. You can't look out the windows of the dealership and assume the customer won't buy the car. You have to walk out there and answer their questions and hope they buy the car.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 214Chevelle
I see what you're saying, but when you post on a thread for "discussion" that's the chance you take. I also understand for potential buyers you have to advertise, but you have to be willing to answer questions because you don't know who your buyers will be. No difference than when someone walks on to a car lot. You can't look out the windows of the dealership and assume the customer won't buy the car. You have to walk out there and answer their questions and hope they buy the car.
This is a very good analogy with the whole car lot thing, but for those of you who dont quite understand "this car is not on the lot and is not for sale yet". When it is all said and done there will be full pics and videos. Unfortunately with R&D there are always set backs. This is a prototype engine with prototype parts on it that we do not wish to disclose at this time. Everyone has seen spy shots of the new c7 for over a year now, but we just got to see the final product this month.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM

Sorry big difference.

Champion's ideas and smarts are what put this package together. It is their intellectual property until a customer buys it. It is their choice to provide info publicly or not.

The car companies of today are somewhat forth coming with info to the consumer. But they are not telling you everything. For example They don't tell you what chipset is driving the ecu. They don't provide you a copy of the tune to go with the vehicle. We use third party companies such as HP Tuners to figure that out for us.

Does Apple provide you all their drivers, IP code and things like that when you buy an IPad or IPhone. Nope, they give you a basic outline of the product, but who's touch screen did they use? Who's TFT display is in the unit. Did they use Samsung, Micron, or Cypress for their flash memory?

Just sayin..
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Tall deck ls block and aftermarket LS heads, we didn't get any sponsorships from manufacturers for this project hense the cardboard.
Valve covers are SB2.2 versions and looks like you have the valve train oilers functioning. You're using a Canted Valve cylinder head on this engine.
Only 2 companies offer that style head.

Makes great power at moderate RPM's. Nice job.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Champion 800+hp emissions legal 502