PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls2 Maf Vs Ls1 Maf

Old 11-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ls2 Maf Vs Ls1 Maf

can i install a stock 85mm LS2 Mass air sensor on my LS1 powered SS?

i have a SLP 85 MAF sensor on my car now, but wanted to know is the new LS2 stock mass air any diferent compared to the SLP 85mm LS1 MAF sensor?

And is there any diference from the SLP 85MM MAF sensor to the Stock 2001-2004 ZO6 MAF sensor?

The reason is that Nitrousexpress.com came out with a new LS2 WET Mass air nitrous system, the system includes a new LS2 85mm mass air sensor with built in nitrous and fuel noids .

It looks like a realy cool set up, and i was wondering if i can install this system on my 2001 LS1 SS camaro.

Thanks for your help
Old 11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the SLP 85MM is different from the LS6/Z06 MAFs... SLP uses a resistor to change the output of the MAF so you don't have to adjust your MAF tables in the PCM (still isn't 100% accurate however)

If the connector is the same id imagine it'd work (don't quote me on that though) ... but I bet you'll still need to adjust the MAF table in the PCM.... so Most likely the LS2 MAF will require your computer to be reprogrammed (same if you go to an OEM LS6/Z06 MAF)

Also keep in mind while your MAF is 85mm your TB and Intake manifold are smaller than that (78mm I think?) so doesn't do a whole lot of good to allow more air in up front and then restrict it immediately after.... (unless you have a FAST 90/90 or an LS2 Intake manifold w/the appropriate TB .. then your MAF becomes the restriction)
Old 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its an old post. I am reviving it because I need some input too.
I have a 2004 GTO. Stops there. 6.2 liter twin turbo. 7 to 14 lbs boost.
I have the 92mm FAST intake and a 92mm Doug's TB.

I have an SLP MAF....temps here vary 100 degrees. Speed desity is an option but would have to keep the computer in the car.

Now I had a professional tuner try and tune my GTO. He could never get the SLP MAF to work. Told me to get a Delphi LS2 Maf.

I have HPTuners software. First you think I can get way with downloading a 2005 or 6 GTO Maf table...remember it is boosted.

Need some thoughts.
Thank you!!
Blue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ls2 Maf Vs Ls1 Maf