Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon error code: E23

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monsoon error code: E23

anyone have this problem? my stock radio was throwing an E20 code (focus error), so i got another radio from a member here and hooked it up and gave me an E23 error.

his car is a 2001, mine's a 2000. i dont think the model year has anything to do with it.

when i insert a cd in the new radio, it doesn't sound like it tries to read the cd. usually you hear the little motors working inside the radio trying to read the disc. but this one just takes the cd and stays silent, spits the cd out and takes it back in, silence, then throws the E23 code.

E23 : Communications Error Cause(s): There is a vehicle/radio communication problem or an internal radio communication problem. Correction(s): Disconnect battery voltage to the radio and then reconnect after a few minutes. If there is still an error, send the unit to an ACDelcoŽ Service Center.
any help is appreciated.

thanks
Old 01-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Teching In

mine did the same thing!! i looked it up in the manual and it didn't even list it. we disconnected the battery but no change and when i called my local dealership they said the only option was to bring the unit in and they get me a new one for $300. not diggin that idea unless it's the only option. any ideas??
Old 01-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Teching In

My 98 Formula stereo had the same issue, sometimes was a little more common with CDRs. Ended up running a CD Cleaner (from Radio shack with little brushes) through it to fix it. Every so often it will happen with a dirty disc or if humidity is high and temp is cold...but overall big difference from before the cleaning.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that sucks man, i had that code come up a few times when someone would push the cd in slowly and not let go when the player tried to take it in.
since then ive replaced the stock unit because the lcd screen went out, but everything else works, so if you know how to fix that ill give it to you cheap, send me a pm if youre interested

Quick Reply: Monsoon error code: E23