Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best proven LS1 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 02:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best proven LS1 Mods

I am pulling the LS1 out of my 02 ws6 6 speed.I am fairly new to LS1 performance upgrades. What are the best proven combination of parts (cam,intake,heads,intake, aftermarket ecm, etc? I am looking for 475 + hp, and adding a turbo or supercharger in the future in addition. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:31 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

475 out of heads cam and intake/TB combo is achieveable but is tough.
Are you an M6 or an A4 first of all?
If you are an A4 I would say that you really might not get too far past 440.
But if you are looking for flywheel power you should have 500+ with a good working head/cam setup.
What are you going to be using this setup for? Drag, DD, Weekend cruiser?

If you are gonna go forced induction on top of having heads, you are not going to want higher CR. It would help if you knew for sure that you were going to do the supercharger or turbo. That way you can tailor your setup to work with it when you do obtain it. I would say if you do plan on it. You want around a 9.1 CR and would probably be making about 410 rwhp prior to the forced induction.

Probably the easiest/only way you are going to get 475+FI power is to get a forged shortblock. A 402 or a 408 would net you that kind of power easily. Then with a head in mind that you are not wanting high compression.

Do you already have full bolt-on's and all the free mods? cause if you are staying stock CID you are gonna need all the help you can get. LT's, UD pulley, Stall (if you are A4) Intake probably the 90/90 combo.

If you want major power with out alot of work. I would suggest the STS turbo route.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
475 out of heads cam and intake/TB combo is achieveable but is tough.
Are you an M6 or an A4 first of all?
If you are an A4 I would say that you really might not get too far past 440.
But if you are looking for flywheel power you should have 500+ with a good working head/cam setup.
What are you going to be using this setup for? Drag, DD, Weekend cruiser?

If you are gonna go forced induction on top of having heads, you are not going to want higher CR. It would help if you knew for sure that you were going to do the supercharger or turbo. That way you can tailor your setup to work with it when you do obtain it. I would say if you do plan on it. You want around a 9.1 CR and would probably be making about 410 rwhp prior to the forced induction.

Probably the easiest/only way you are going to get 475+FI power is to get a forged shortblock. A 402 or a 408 would net you that kind of power easily. Then with a head in mind that you are not wanting high compression.

Do you already have full bolt-on's and all the free mods? cause if you are staying stock CID you are gonna need all the help you can get. LT's, UD pulley, Stall (if you are A4) Intake probably the 90/90 combo.

If you want major power with out alot of work. I would suggest the STS turbo route.
Orangeapeel is absolutely correct. Also the STS would be like hitting a home run with his recommended 9.1 compression ratio.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:15 AM
TECH Junkie

take a look at PatrickG's signature. It's not hard at all to achieve your goals N/A - you just need to follow the Mamo recipe.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:25 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, it took him some serious work to get there too, and $$$$. I didnt say that it was impossible. I was just going under the assumption that he is wanting N/A power with a great functioning forced induction power adder. I don't know how well the Trak cam would react to FI.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Are you looking for just 475HP or do you want good 1/4 times? Because a bunch of HP doesn't always give you the best numbers.
-Joel

Quick Reply: Best proven LS1 Mods