Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Who has the best Big block Chevy Street Crate Engine.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has the best Big block Chevy Street Crate Engine.

I am in the market for a Big block Chevy standard deck pump gas crate motor. I would like 550-650HP reliable drive anyware HP.
I am sick of my 12.5 - 1, 454. It works but I can't drive it in town without it overheating . I want to keep it under 10K for a long block.

I am considering.

World Products
Shafiroff
Pat Musi
GM Performance
Build a Dart Package
Reher Morrison
Old 04-23-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

http://www.shafiroff.com/ultrastreet/540_675_engine.asp

I'd reccomend that 540 to most people just from looking around(no real experience). $9000, 2 year/24000 mile warranty, free shipping, tuned, etc. If you have the drivetrain and capeable suspension, a 200 shot would put a street car into the bottom 9's all day if that sounds fun.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a little off topic, but let me know if this would interest you at all...........pm me if it does.

http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/...ad.php?t=42909

thanks,
Dave

btw.....willing to sell as a long block minus intake and EFI setup. let me know. No Dissapointments!

Last edited by PRAY HRD; 04-24-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey man, not directed at me but you have to be member to view that link you posted..just thought id give you a heads up.
matt
Old 04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
9 Second Club

thanks for bringing that to my attention. here's a copy/paste of the ad..........

hey guys.........

i'm going to be selling my motor here in a few weeks when my car is done being wired and a few other things, which should be in 2-3 weeks, but you know how that goes. anyway, here is an ad i've put together that i will be releasing on a few boards when i get the car back. i'll likely copy this and post it on ls1 tech which i'm a long time resident if you have any concerns for my low post count. anyway, here goes.......

When you talk about BANG for the BUCK, there is no motor you'll find better than this...............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don’t see motors like this every day!! This came out of a 100% "street car" that was regularly driver to work and local cruises and more. I am selling a COMPLETE turn key 427 ci. small block chevy from ECM to headers. BUILT BY JEFF D'AGISTINO at FASTIMES MOTORWORKS, (FTM), this is the ultimate pumpgas street/bracket car engine. It can also be an awesome nitrous injected race motor, especially with the 1, 2, or 3 stage DRY nitrous control system built into the ACCEL Gen7 DFI. This motor was built with ALL new parts when new. It has only around 3000 street miles on it in a show car, not race car. YOU CANNOT have a higher quality engine built for less than nearly Double the asking price! This motor not only runs incredibly reliable, it LOOKS amazing! and SOUNDS amazing! This engine makes about 650 HP and 600 lb/ft Torque on pumpgas only (never been on a dyno, power estimated by Jeff D' at FTM). On top of this awesome power, the motor is built to take nitrous...A 350-400HP Shot! This could be a high 9 second pumpgas street engine and on nitrous is an 8 second capable motor in a properly setup sub-3000lb car!!! OR, this motor could VERY easily be converted to a 1500HP+ Turbo Motor and capable of 7.xx Quarter's!!! the motor is in my car now but the fuel system and cooling system are not complete and there is no exhaust at this time. for a VERY SERIOUS buyer who demands to hear it run before purchasing, with cash in hand and a refundable deposit, i will purchase the required finishing parts and arrangements could be made to have the motor fire minus the headers (Bring ear plugs!). If you want the BIGGEST and BADDEST SBC on the block, this is it. This motor will SPANK just about any other small or big blocks you'll EVER find on the "street" as it sits! You would’t believe the attention this motor gets. This is a true $20,000 dollar street or race motor. i am selling this motor for personal financial reasons, i think that's fairly understandable. my loss is your gain as they say. i HATE to see this motor go, but the sacrafice has to be made. I WILL CONSIDER A PARTIAL TRADE FOR A DECENT STOCK'ish RUNNING SUB 40,000 MILE '99-'02 LS1 ENGINE WITH ALL ACCESSORIES/COMPUTER/HARNESS. No Game Motor, No Game Price....$12,000 FIRM. Can ship, but not included in price, probably $300 tops. shipping cost would be Exact cost for me. PM me for more information, and specifics. List of most goodies are:

-Dart rocket block with splayed billet caps, wide pan rails, raised cam, 4.120 bore and 9.300 deck height!
-Callies 4" stroke internally balanced 4340 crankshaft
-Crower 6.125" billet rods
-JE 2618 custom FORGED PISTONS....10.5:1 CR
-Billet solid roller cam .658/.683 lift, 256/264 duration at .050, 108 lobe sep
-Childs & Alberts rings
-Comp cams offset roller lifters
-DART 18 DEGREE HEADS...Int. 335cfm/Exh. 235cfm @ .700" as cast! (untouched, out of the box)
-Did I mention it has Dart 18 degree heads?! Capable of flowing nearly 400cfm/275cfm (As Quoted by Sonny's!!)
-Manley Severe Duty stainless 2.15/1.625 valves (will accept up to a 2.20 intake valve)
-Comp cams titanium retainers
-Crower 1.70:1 ratio stainless shaft mount rocker system
-Manley 3/8” pushrods
-Canton fabricated aluminum valve covers
-Billet ACCUFAB 1215CFM 4150 throttle body with IAC/TPS Sensors (comes with Lokar braided throttle cable and polished Billet linkage plate)
-ACCELL DFI GEN7 DIGITAL SEQUENTIAL FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM
-Siemans 83 lb/hr injectors. (low imp.) and fuel rails
-Holley hall effect crank trigger.
-Holley hall effect phaasable ident distributer.
-CSI/CSR Billet aluminum elec. water pump
-System 1 remote mount REUSABLE oil filtration unit
-ALL ARP Fasteners-Head/Main Studs
-Fluidamper
-Billet crank pulley
-POWERMASTER alternator with low mount March alternator bracket
-TCI mini starter
-Moroso 7 quart rocket block oil pan with windage control and crank scraper
-1 7/8” 18 degree headers....Free-not included in price. (fits chevelle and some camaro’s) 1 tube has been cut but can be replaced
-there are some extras that will be included or offered to the buyer.

thanks for looking,
Dave

Old 04-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Collections Removal

LFTN

May I suggest the following World Products offerings;
PN. 108051 Merlin 540 / 600 HP, alum. heads. hyd. cam. 870 Hardcore 4150.
PN. 108053 Merlin 540 / 630 HP, alum. heads, solid cam. 1050 Hardcore Dominator.
OR-
PN. 101011 Motown 454 SMALL BLOCK / 600 HP, alum. heads, solid roller. 1050 H'core Dominator.
All the above are pump gas, COMPLETE engines, less fuel and water pumps (not long blocks). Two year, 24K warrantys, run-in and dynoed. These crates range from approx $10,200 - $11,000.
If you can squeeze + .400" more under that Z28 hood we can talk 572's and 632's but they're above your stated budget.
Happy to send you our catalog if you PM your info.
Regards,

Quick Reply: Who has the best Big block Chevy Street Crate Engine.