Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Car makes noise when i hit bumps.

Old 06-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car makes noise when i hit bumps.

Let me start off first by saying i know very little about suspension. Anyways i have an 01 ws6 with stock suspension and almost everytime i hit a bump the right rear area squeaks and its getting very annoying. it sounds like a spring or a shock. The car only has 15,000 miles on it though. so what do yall think?
Old 06-03-2006, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be a LCA bushing. Check the torque on all the bolts; LCA, PHR, shocks. If you have a friend who has gone to aftermarket LCA's, swap his stock ones in to see if the noise persists. www.Stranoparts.com sells replacement bushings too. Also check the swaybar bushings, 15K over 5 years, bushings can go bad. Put the car on jackstands and try and reproduce the sound while your under the rear by having a buddy push down. It could even be exhaust hitting.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

Default Noise

Originally Posted by 5.3litre
Let me start off first by saying i know very little about suspension. Anyways i have an 01 ws6 with stock suspension and almost everytime i hit a bump the right rear area squeaks and its getting very annoying. it sounds like a spring or a shock. The car only has 15,000 miles on it though. so what do yall think?
Hi, our cars will make that squeak from the rear springs. You can try lubing the springs but when they dry out, your back to squeaking. Hope this helps, I just live with my squeaks. Later
Old 06-04-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChoiceCam00
You can try lubing the springs but when they dry out, your back to squeaking.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:49 AM
TECH Regular

Default Duh

Originally Posted by Marc '99T/A
In other words, the springs on a stock suspension squeaks.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Never had this problem; but exactly how do you go about lubing the springs?
Old 06-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Launching!

I've never heard of lubing the actual springs...

Anyways, I have the same type of noise and I have aftermarket springs. I have the new springs and stock shocks. The noise ONLY comes from the right rear shock. It is really loud when pushing down on the passenger side of the spoiler as well as when a passenger gets into the car.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Launching!

that sounds like when my LCAs went bad the first time, like you said, when you push on the rear of the car near the spoiler, it would squeak. mine turned out to be ready to die, and a few days later it fully broke and the squeak went to metal clanging sound as the bushing got torn apart. just a guess from someone who doesnt know a whole lot about suspensions, haha. just know about this sounding the same. who knows if thats right though..
Old 06-04-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of this sqeak you speak of!!!

I had it horribly... well recently i just put some new LCA's on and greased the **** out of the bushings... well to my surprise after i took the car for a spin, no more sqeaks!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Default Squeak

Originally Posted by JohnnyZ28
I've never heard of lubing the actual springs...

Anyways, I have the same type of noise and I have aftermarket springs. I have the new springs and stock shocks. The noise ONLY comes from the right rear shock. It is really loud when pushing down on the passenger side of the spoiler as well as when a passenger gets into the car.
OK everyone, my car still squeaks even with after market Eibach Sportlines. When I first bought my 2000 SS, I drove to a local Chevy dealership here in Las Vegas and that is what they said the squeaks are coming from. They also said it is very inherent with our low humidity, Camaros and Vettes squeak like that. Even with my level 2 warrenty, they couldn't cover the springs squeaks. If you really thing of it, you can only dry lube the top where the spring is set in. Maybe STKoR97 is right on this squeak. Later
Old 06-04-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

Default squeaks

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I know of this sqeak you speak of!!!

I had it horribly... well recently i just put some new LCA's on and greased the **** out of the bushings... well to my surprise after i took the car for a spin, no more sqeaks!!!
Hey, I just found out from from my friend in our car club that he used silicon spray to lube all the bushings and no squeaks. That is what I need to do with my 2000 SS. Later

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car makes noise when i hit bumps.