Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 gto nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 06 gto nitrous?

frind got a 06 gto and bought a vette nitrous system cuz of the electronic throttle is there a way to hook it up?
Old 07-16-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think he got a nx vette kit
Old 07-16-2006, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.nitrousdirect.com/nitrous...oto=99&cat=507

Heres how he needs to hook up the wot switch. It5 works flawless on my car.

Last edited by 1MEANGTO; 07-16-2006 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the TPS (throttle position switch) that comes in the kit?
Robert
Old 07-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1MEANGTO
http://www.nitrousdirect.com/nitrous...oto=99&cat=507

Heres how he needs to hook up the wot switch. It5 works flawless on my car.
I don't thing I have enough metal on my 05 GTO pedal to bolt on the WOT switch like you did. Did you have to do anything special there?

-Jason
Old 07-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by SLP4CamaroSS
frind got a 06 gto and bought a vette nitrous system cuz of the electronic throttle is there a way to hook it up?
If you got the single piece maf system, the tps switch will connect to your green wire on the tps sensor, red goes to toggle acc, black to ground, and pink to relay 86 pin.

Ricky
Old 07-17-2006, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FinalTA
I don't thing I have enough metal on my 05 GTO pedal to bolt on the WOT switch like you did. Did you have to do anything special there?

-Jason
Nothing special just used what came with the kit. It is pretty tight but I have done it on other gto's also including a 06.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Nothing special just used what came with the kit. It is pretty tight but I have done it on other gto's also including a 06.
Ahh...ok. My kit didn't come with a bolt to mount it on the pedal assembly like that. Did you have to drill a hole through it, and did you remove the entire pedal assembly in order to attach it?

Thanks again!
-Jason
Old 07-17-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FinalTA
Ahh...ok. My kit didn't come with a bolt to mount it on the pedal assembly like that. Did you have to drill a hole through it, and did you remove the entire pedal assembly in order to attach it?

Thanks again!
-Jason
There is another picture of wot mount in the wiring sticky.
Robert
Old 07-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Robert56
There is another picture of wot mount in the wiring sticky.
Robert
Thanks Robert, but that post shows the WOT switch mounted on a mechanical throttle 04 GTO, not an '05+ that is throttle by wire...

I also just read one of your posts that indicated that WOT at the pedal may not exactly match WOT at the TB on a GTO. Should this worry me at all?

Last edited by FinalTA; 07-17-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, the GTO has one of the most aggresive TM out there. However, there are fixes (Cartech I think for one). Even if ya go with a tps, you'll still have the tm interfering with your runs. Maybe 1meanGTO has some insight on this issue, he's the GTO guy around here.
Robert
Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Well, the GTO has one of the most aggresive TM out there. However, there are fixes (Cartech I think for one). Even if ya go with a tps, you'll still have the tm interfering with your runs. Maybe 1meanGTO has some insight on this issue, he's the GTO guy around here.
Robert
First of all I left the pedal in the car to drill it. I did use a different bolt sorry I hadn't mentioned that. I have seen no issue with the TM yet. I have a lm-1 wideband and it doesn't show up there or on the ls2 scanner I have. We have actually chosen to leave the tm in the car it seams to actually help on the launch. It pulls the same amount of timing N/A as it does sprayed. In my mind it's kind of a safety precaution without a window switch. We spray through all the gear changes on both of our cars.

Oh I have installed a zex tps on another local car and the car had the same reaction and the scans look identical. So I don't really see the point in the tps. I don't really see any time differance between the TB and the accelerator pedal. In fact it seems just as fast as the pedal assembly that is my 04. Oh my wifes car is the 05 and you'll love to spray yours as much as she sprays hers!! Good luck go run a bottle through that thing you'll be very happy that you did!!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

First of all I left the pedal in the car to drill it. I did use a different bolt sorry I hadn't mentioned that. I have seen no issue with the TM yet. I have a lm-1 wideband and it doesn't show up there or on the ls2 scanner I have. We have actually chosen to leave the tm in the car it seams to actually help on the launch. It pulls the same amount of timing N/A as it does sprayed. In my mind it's kind of a safety precaution without a window switch. We spray through all the gear changes on both of our cars.

Oh I have installed a zex tps on another local car and the car had the same reaction and the scans look identical. So I don't really see the point in the tps. I don't really see any time differance between the TB and the accelerator pedal. In fact it seems just as fast as the pedal assembly that is my 04. Oh my wifes car is the 05 and you'll love to spray yours as much as she sprays hers!! Good luck go run a bottle through that thing you'll be very happy that you did!!
There you have it from a real GTO racer. Kinda what I have been preaching all along.
Robert
Old 07-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Launching!

Awesome...thanks gents!

I'm about 85% done with my hidden/dual-noid/dry setup in my '05 GTO. I love the simplicity of the dry approach and have been following posts by Robert for years now.

Happy spraying!

-Jason

Quick Reply: 06 gto nitrous?