Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

Kimmer fired from WGST

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Greg, that garage is nice. I guess we know who makes the big bucks. Sucks about the Kimmer. What happened? I knew something was up when Dave whoever he is was on in the Kimmer's spot.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:11 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they said low ratins...nothing more.
Tiff i pmd you!!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Actually, that was my dumb *** that replied, owned by teh cookies.I got teh message, I'll call Monday and get ya hooked up.

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*&&*$&*)_!#*%*(&!COOKIE S DID IT AGAIN!

-TravASS
Old 11-26-2006, 10:35 AM
9 Second Club

Well *****...I actually wanted to talk to Tiff in PMs....feel like i am being naughty...even if the content isnt!!
Man today is a lazy phuckin day...I dont want to do ****...sit on the couch and watch the Falcons get wore out. Maybe Tracy will give me a list to do to get my *** motivated when she gets home from the store. I cant find the remote for the tv either....WTF??!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Oh, she got the PM...She was like WTF does Jerry mean M/T Banners?
I'm with ya on lazy today, I can't seem to drag my *** out of the house.
Oh, and another thing- Change your location!
Old 11-26-2006, 04:22 PM
9 Second Club

how do you change location? i cant find it.
Well Tracy got on the couch and slept her day away while I watched the Saints whoop the Falcons. Falcons receivers cant catch a phuckin cold...i think some heads may roll soon. Now i am watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...this would be kick *** if i were high!!!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Junkie

the new charlie and the chocolate factory? ya... i feel high when watching that... movie is weird, reminds me of why the original creeped me out as a kid.

you can change location in your "edit profile" settings i beleive

and ya.. the falcons receivers have been sucking real hard latley, idk whats been up, but its not good. Its not ALL vick's fault, hes getting the ball there. oh... umm what was the thread about again, lol??
Old 11-26-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Addict

hell... even i know who the Kimmer is. lol. Thanks to my dad.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cablebandit
how do you change location? i cant find it.
Well Tracy got on the couch and slept her day away while I watched the Saints whoop the Falcons. Falcons receivers cant catch a phuckin cold...i think some heads may roll soon. Now i am watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...this would be kick *** if i were high!!!!!

I did precisely NOT shiot today, and am proud of it. I see you found the location tab. I'll get yo stuff handled tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:46 PM
9 Second Club

260 Fontaine Road
Mableton, Ga 30126

I did less today than that.....barely made an effort to breathe.....hopefully I can stay up tonight till 10pm and watch The Wire on HBO....best show on tv!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Dayum, Fontaine... I remember when we used to sneak over to Fontaine from Shannon Green to ride our bikes to what used to be Kroger! ( The Shopping ctr across from what is now Racetrac)
Damn I'm old...
Old 11-26-2006, 08:36 PM
9 Second Club

lol...i remember Kroger. Story.....i used to work at that Arbys across the street when i was 17ish. Me and a buddy used to race his 67 impala and my dads 79 gmc truck down floyd rd at night when we would get off work. I blew that truck up eventually running it low on oil....got it to the Kroger lot and called my dad like i had no idea what happened
I used to lose the race until i learned to shift the auto manually so it would rev higher before it shifted. What a bunch of idiots..we would do 120mph on floyd road!!!! See i didnt just get dumb...i been dumb a long time!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 AM
TECH Addict

lol...i remember Kroger. Story.....i used to work at that Arbys across the street when i was 17ish. Me and a buddy used to race his 67 impala and my dads 79 gmc truck down floyd rd at night when we would get off work. I blew that truck up eventually running it low on oil....got it to the Kroger lot and called my dad like i had no idea what happened
I used to lose the race until i learned to shift the auto manually so it would rev higher before it shifted. What a bunch of idiots..we would do 120mph on floyd road!!!! See i didnt just get dumb...i been dumb a long time!!!

Wow, remember when. A friend I went to school with Managed that Arbys for a while, but I think it's safe to say that was after you were gone.
I got Floyd Rd Stories, yo...I got popped by Cobb County one night after the Game for laying 135' or rubber in front of the Mable House. Damn, I'm smooth...
Old 11-27-2006, 11:30 AM
9 Second Club

Cobb County has never played when it came to the PoPO....my first 2 tickets were in Cobb....i think my last one too. I got a clean record now since 1996!!! You know you are old when you can say **** like that!!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default FYI---I'm done with WGST!!! *****'em!

Kim Peterson
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kim Peterson (known as "The Kimmer") was a US television and radio journalist. From 1992 through 2006, he hosted a radio talk show on WGST-AM in Atlanta, GA. A former United States Marine, he served in the Vietnam War. Before becoming a radio host, Peterson was a television anchor in Chicago and New Orleans.

Peterson is a donor for the Marine's Toys for Tots Christmas drive, and from 1997-2005, he produced a comedy bits CD, donating all the proceeds to the drive. In addition, he hosted an annual charity golf tournament. Peterson is an avid motorcycle enthusiast.

From December 2005 to May 5, 2006, WGST began firing Peterson's support team. Jim Gossett, a celebrity impersonator who did the voices of Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and Johnny Carson among others, quit in December after his girlfriend, Kari Dean, was fired. Two months later, WGST-AM's Sports Director Pete Davis was fired for reasons not disclosed by WGST-AM. The last firing was on May 5 when Peterson's producer, Wayne Kitchens, was terminated. Kitchens told an online media outlet (Buzz) that management was upset when he didn’t bleep out an anti-Muslim statement Peterson said on the air the week prior to his firing. Kitchens has speculated that the firings were an attempt to force Peterson to quit.

Peterson's final broadcast for WGST was on November 20, 2006, the station announcing the next day that he was no longer on the air.

The Kimmer Show

The Kimmer Show was the afternoon talk host on Atlanta's WGST. Referred to himself as "The Stain on Atlanta Radio". Known for giving other hosts nicknames, such as: Tom Hughes ("The King." Fellow broadcaster who hosted AM-Atlanta on WGST), Sam Memmolo ("Shadetree Mechanic," host of a weekend radio show on WGST, Stu Klitenic ("The Bank Robber," baseball radio pre-game and post-game announcer for the Atlanta Braves), Mark Lemke ("The Lemmer," former Second baseman for the Atlanta Braves who is now pre-game and post-game radio announcer for the baseball club.), Dave McBride ("Mac the Mechanic", works with Memmolo on his weekend radio program.), Gene Henssler ("Dr. Gene, The Money Machine," Chair of the Henssler Group, a financial consulting firm in the metro Atlanta area.). Recently divorced from the "Fantasy Goddess" (A lawyer in the Atlanta metro area.),served for the Marines during the Viet Nam conflict and blew out his prostate (He had bout with prostate cancer in 2003.), riding his Harley. He is also known by his laugh and shameless self-promotion. Since the "Fantasy Goddess" left him he likes to hang out at Earl Smalls Harley-Davidson (Marietta, Georgia).

Kim Peterson, and his production staff at WGST produced a best-of audio CD every year from 1996 to 2005, called the Kimmer Komedy Klassics. These featured the funniest spots, advertisements, commentaries and newsmaker line calls for that year. One year, the CD included an additional DVD of the Kimmer roast event. The final CD released in December 2005, included a bonus disc which contained all 10 years of Kimmer Komedy Klassics in mp3 format. All CD sales profits were donated to the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program as part of the WGST yearly Christmas fund drive.

As of about noon November 21, 2006 Kimmer's page on the WGST.com website has been taken down, and at 3 PM it was announced that The Dave Ramsey Show (originating from flagship 99.7 FM WWTN Nashville) will air live from 3-7pm in the Atlanta market from now on. Kimmer, along with the last remaining vestiges of local talent on WGST, Denny Schaffer and Tom Hughes, were fired on November 21 as part of the nationwide restructuring of ClearChannel's radio properties
Old 12-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Launching!

lol...i remember Kroger. Story.....i used to work at that Arbys across the street when i was 37ish. Me and a buddy used to race his 67 impala and my dads 79 gmc truck down floyd rd at night when we would get off work. I blew that truck up eventually running it low on oil....got it to the Kroger lot and called my dad like i had no idea what happened
There I fixed it for ya.

Quick Reply: Kimmer fired from WGST