Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is idling rough

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car is idling rough

I just installed some TR55's, Taylor plug wires, ran some injector cleaner through the gas tank, and used some GM Top Engine Cleaner and now my car idles rough. Does the Top Engine Cleaner cause a rough idle until it's all blown out or what. It still runs very good above idle. I replaced the plugs and wires tp get rid of a miss I had a couple of days ago. It ran good untilthe Top Engine Cleaner was run through it. Now it runs good everwhere but idle.

Ryan
Old 08-28-2003, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Car is idling rough

How much top engine cleaner did you use? I know when I do the fuel injection cleanings at work, we only use a very small amount, and the car does idle rough near the end. Another bone head thing: did you replace the fuel pump relay?
Old 08-28-2003, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Car is idling rough

An for future reference, the reason GM says to only use a little bit of top engine cleaner is because if it gets back into the gas tank, the cleaner will eat away at the "terne" (the coating on the inside of the tank).