Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Quick Disconnect fuel line

Old 11-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Quick Disconnect fuel line

Hello, I have a 98' Z28 LS1 and I am looking for some advice on how to disconnect the quick-disconnect fuel line that feeds the fuel rail. I went and got the right tool to do the job but for some reason it won't snap appart. I am taking the engine out b/c I had a problem with the stock oil pump and spun a bearing. If you have any info on this or on spun bearings please let me know. It's my first time doing something this in depth. Thanks, Mike
Old 11-23-2003, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by taciam
Hello, I have a 98' Z28 LS1 and I am looking for some advice on how to disconnect the quick-disconnect fuel line that feeds the fuel rail. I went and got the right tool to do the job but for some reason it won't snap appart. I am taking the engine out b/c I had a problem with the stock oil pump and spun a bearing. If you have any info on this or on spun bearings please let me know. It's my first time doing something this in depth. Thanks, Mike
as far as the fuel line goes slip the tool between line and retaining sleeve, you should hear an audible click, then push them together before trying to pull them apart. use a rag under the lines so you dont spill gas on everything. Last make sure you disconect the battery before the entire procedure so you dont accidentally prim the fuel system. Hope that helps
Old 11-23-2003, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Default Fuel line

Heard the click, pushed together, then tried to pull apart but it won't disconnect.
Old 11-23-2003, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by taciam
Heard the click, pushed together, then tried to pull apart but it won't disconnect.
are you using the metal, or knylon version of the disconnect toll. they both works the same way but the metal verstion has less give. After installing the tool into the sleeve try gently rotating it as you work the line in an on off fashion
Old 11-23-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jstpsi
are you using the metal, or knylon version of the disconnect toll. they both works the same way but the metal verstion has less give. After installing the tool into the sleeve try gently rotating it as you work the line in an on off fashion
alsom take your time, make sure to check and or replace o-ring as well upon reinstalation
Old 11-23-2003, 04:44 PM
Teching In

using the knylon version of the tool. I will try rotating and see what happens. Thanks, Mike
Old 11-24-2003, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Push the tool into the connector
Push the tool and the connector towards the passengers side
Push the tool into the connector again
Pull the tool and the connector off of the fuel rail

Sometimes(depending on the tool) you will have to wiggle it back and forth a few times. Don't be afraid to use some force(within reason) and it will come off.

Like what was stated before...use a rag under the connection to catch the fuel that spills out. Also, have a rubber vacuum cap to put on the fuel rail handy.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the metal version iworks better, i have the vynal, and i know sometimes it just wont come off.
just keep playing wiht it and it will come off, eventally.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick Disconnect fuel line