Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

dbw TB to cable TB

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dbw TB to cable TB

Dont know if this is the right section for this but if its not then can someone specify where I should post this. I have a 99 3.8 camaro. I want tk get rid of the dbw tb and go to a cable tb. I cant seem to find any good info on this except one guy did it but only offered minor details on how he did it and he didnt really finish the project. Im just wondering if anyone has experience doing this. Im thinking of just replaceing the upoer intake and tb with one off a 98 since a 98 is pretty close to my 99 and the cable tb's were from 95-98 but 95-97 are way different from a 98 99 model with the wirering harness. So back to what I was saying. Swap the intake and tb with a 98 model and get a 98 computer and harness. Im wondering if all the pin outs to the guage cluster and the BCM are the same on a 98 and 99 so I can have all my guages work. Just basically wanted to know is if I get all the stuff the swao it over is it all plug and play or will I have to repin a lot of wires or would it be easier to just the whole dash harness and cluster out of a 98?

Quick Reply: dbw TB to cable TB