Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

HEELLPP please 600hp ls3 does 12.7 et

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
If its stalled for a 900-1000 HP Nitrous setup, then I doubt it is your problem.
Saying that it 'looks' like an 1800 HP converter means nothing. You can buy a 3000 HP bolt-together from Chance and as long as its stalled properly, it will be just as good or better than any other converter.
And that's another thing I really don't think it's stalled right like I mentioned above. I know some of the mom and pop tc builders often get the stall speeds wrong and % of slip..I always thought that a 3600 stall was a 3600 stall..but I guess I'll find out once I hit the hp and tq. Ranges I'm shooting for..thanks for the info
Old 05-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thompson
Thanks again for chatting with me about this OP. I look forward to seeing what you can get that monster to do.
Thank you,
Kyle
Thank you I will post the horsepower and torque #s after I get all the changes we discussed done and my dyno tune in a week or 2
Old 06-18-2016, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thompson
It sounds like there are likely multiple things going on here. You have a great list of parts but putting good parts together that don't like each other can be a bit disappointing. These things can take a little time to work out to ensure you have everything doing as it should. Don't get disappointed too quickly. You have the car making passes, Now you just need to tweak it. With the motor combo you have at the weight you are at set up and operating optimal you have a good second and a half in the build. Give me a call so we can go over the car front to back and start fine tuning your combo to make it work. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you,
Kyle
972-853-2450
UPDATE.... first thing I did was install long tube headers gutted out my catalytic converters and ran a straight pipe through them ..installed the muffler to see how it sounded and it was over the legal 85 db and had a little bit too much rasp for my liking... so I fabricated straight through mini mufflers out of my converters to bring the Decibles below 85 and sounds very smooth and throaty...so by redoing the entire exhuast to lt headers dual 3" exhuast to magnaflow dual in dual out x muffler solved 90% of the problems...after i finished everthing i pulled out of the driveway and romped on it and immediately it set the tires a blaze with the drag radials still on it...with the shitty exhuast it wouldn't break the tires loose with the dr's on it..the new exhuast system ENTIRELY woke up the engine and it's having no ill effects like it was before and all the scanner numbers are looking good and also it seems like the torque converter is working how it should..at least much better.....NOW the car is ready for the track and if I hit my expected low 11 sec. Mark then I will be ready for NITROUS!!! I'll post time slip when the track opens for test and tune in a couple weeks... thanks again for all the input
Old 07-20-2016, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tell me you tuned it before setting those tires ablaze...

I'm glad Thompson builds strong motors because you're testing it.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 440 Likes on 335 Posts

I really hate reading these threads and making it all the way to the bottom and guess what.... no results

so OP did you ever make it back to the track?
Old 05-03-2018, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Agreed......
i was hoping to hear the OP went 10.9x with the level of his build. A stock LS3 should have been able to top that performance !
i personally bought a stock LS3 crate engine, put a commuter grade EFI TB on it with a dua plane intake , speced a tiny cam for it and ran 11.6x at 119 at 3500lbs with a junk tc, SPINNING to a 1.97 60ft !
Im other words, the OP had serious choke, or tuning, or something ! I sure would like to know how it worked out.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, 2 year old thread,,,,,and why the hell is this is Advanced Engineering??????????

Quick Reply: HEELLPP please 600hp ls3 does 12.7 et