After I pulled my head off and took it apart, I found a weird substance in the exhaust ports and on the seats. Cant say I have seen something like this before. I first thought it was rust but it really doesn't seem like it is. It feels more like sand then anything. Does not leave the normal orange residue on my finger when I touch it like rust normally does. Not only that, but there are white chunks inside the exhaust ports too. Not all the ports, only a few.
What is it and what caused it?
Quick recap on the engine. No its not an LS but that shouldn't matter.
- Has around 350 miles on it
- Exhaust valves were bent and not sealing
- Guides were wasted
- 91 octane only no additives
- No signs of a blown head gasket
- Blower with 10 psi boost. 11.7 afr
- Pictures were from after an auto-x event. Ran it hard, shut it down and pulled it apart