Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

What is this forum for? PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 12:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Exclamation What is this forum for? PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

We created this new forum due to suggestions from long-time members and site sponsors who wanted a forum that focused on advanced performance related discussion. This forum will be reserved for highly technical discussions involving performance engineering, design, theory, or mathematics. Advanced topics can be related to engines, performance parts, EFI computer diagnostics and tuning, suspension design and geometry, poweradders, etc...

This forum is NOT to be used for vendor vs vendor product comparisons. Vendors and members may discuss their products in terms of design, engineering, theory, etc.., but please do not use this forum for solicitation purposes.

Any threads that are not considered 'advanced' will be moved by our staff to the appropriate existing forum(s). Not all of the advanced threads will originate in this forum, if we find good examples from the other forums, we will copy them into this forum too.

Examples of threads we consider advanced:

NO: "What cam should I buy?"
YES: "What are the effects of cam lobe profile aggressiveness, and how will it affect performance at cruising rpm?"

NO: "Which heads are the best?"
YES: "What are the desirable characteristics of intake port design, in terms of velocity, flow, and surface texture?"

NO: "What exhaust system should I go with?"
YES: "What type of engineering design analysis is considered when designing exhaust systems for specific engine/vehicle setups?"

NO: "How much boost can I run on my stock LS1"
YES: "What are the mathematical and mechanical rules that I should calculate and consider, in order to see how much boost I can safely run with 10.1 CR?"

Okay, I think you guys get the point now! Have fun.

Quick Reply: What is this forum for? PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!