Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help on my Black Paint!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on my Black Paint!!

I have a black ws6, and i live on a dirt road that is about a half mile long, as you can tell that mix does not go to well. Well from all the dust, and people leaning against my car i now have marks in my paint. They look like very very light scratches, What is the best way to remove these, and give it that nice look again, It still shines very bright but from some angles it looks scratched up. I really want this gone no matter how long i have to sit there working on my paint. I just do not want to ruin my clear coat or paint, it has 30k miles on it and always garaged.
Also from my trip to NC recently i ran into a bug storm and now dead bug remains are still on the nose, Is bug and tar remover ok to use on the paint? I tryed the claybar it removed some but not all. What is the best way to fix that too.
Anybody with black cars throw me some tips to make my black stay nice and black, and scratch/mark free.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

Get a PC and 3m 3000 rubbing compound with an orange pad. Follow with ZPC or Tropicare swirlcutter on a white pad. Follow with Zaio/CS or Tropicare sealant.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Teching In

You need to invest in a PC,pads,polishes, and high end microfibers.
The way that swirls marks are introduce in your paint is by having poor washing and drying tecniques.
You need to wash the car via 2 bucket method
clay the car
wash again
polish with Poorboys SSR2.5 orange pad
Polish with Poorbooys SSR1 white pad
polish with poorboys SSR1 Blue pad (I use this step on all the cars that i work on)
apply wax/seal
again if you do this and then wash it with poor tecnique or cheap microfiber you are going to introduce swirl marks again. i recommend poorboys for beginners because they are easy to use and cost effective.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

The most important thing, after doing all of these things, is to stay dedicated. It takes a lot of work to keep a black car looking clean.

Quick Reply: Help on my Black Paint!!