Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

braided hoses? should i get them and what should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default braided hoses? should i get them and what should i get?

i wanna make my engine bay look better. any other opinions would be great. i was thinking about getting some braided hoses for the radiator at least. should i? if so where should i get it from? and anything else i should get braided? and other things i can do to make the engine look better?
Old 09-14-2003, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: braided hoses? should i get them and what should i get?

anyone?
Old 09-14-2003, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If u have any braided hose questions Just call on Steve2000SS. I have also thought about this. It cleans up the engine bay more than anything else I've seen. Laterz Justin
Old 09-14-2003, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think FRC's are the single best mod for cleaning up the engine bay. They cover up so much crap and give it a very clean look. Then you can paint them for a go fast look as well. Braided lines work too

Old 09-14-2003, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve won't be able to help you on sizes. He took his stock ones off and took them to the shop that made them and they duplicated them. He can tell you where he had it done or do a search on 'braided hose' and you might see one of his replies.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve won't be able to help you on sizes. He took his stock ones off and took them to the shop that made them and they duplicated them. He can tell you where he had it done or do a search on 'braided hose' and you might see one of his replies.
Yep, custom shop.. the radiator hoses would be VERY hard to do since real braided lines do not want to make the sharp bends necessary for the right routeing.. plus if you want true AN fittings you will find it impossible to weld the AN fitting to the plasic radiator

You could use a braided slip cover but they never look right to me. I would go with nice hose ends on the radiator hoses (6 of them if you have power steering cooler)..

All the other lines are pretty striaght forward.. just expensive. the nice part about brided teflon is that the hoses will have a smaller diameter since the wall is much thinner than rubber hoses. Most cities have shops that do this type of custom work.. its pretty labor intensive to weld on the AN fittings and such but it looks great and lasts forever. for the AC, PS and TB bypass hoses look to spend about $800 or so.. the fuel line can be done too but the vapor return line is a PITA.

You could always mail my guy your stock hoses and he can do them and mail them back to you

Hey, its only $$$$$

Pics in my sig at my website
Old 09-16-2003, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what ever you do dont get that slip over braded hose junk. Biggest waste of money ever. looks like crap.