Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rear seat delete idea

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default rear seat delete idea

Ok... so i kinda drew this off something i saw posted here a while back, bear with me its a crappy photoshop but... i think ittl convey what im thinking about... the firebird emblem is gonna be done with plexiglass and have some sort of l.e.d. or neon configuration behind it to make it glow at night. Im still not settled i want to do it that way or just embos it into the carpet... tell me what you guys think. The delete would pretty much come off the rear shelf, and slant down at an angle... I know it looks a little ricey in the picture but im thinking i can give it a nice clean finished look actually in the car... keep in mind these arent the subs and amp i plan on going with either, just easy pictures to photoshop... opinons, suggestions, critisism, ill take it lol...

Old 11-18-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like it....do you plan to flush mount the amp or just screw it on there?
Old 11-18-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you deleting the rear seats just for system or was you going for the weight savings and just moving your current speakers
Old 11-18-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

i really have no purpose for the rear seat anymore, makes sence to me just to get rid of it and make use of the space... as far as weight goes im not to concerned either way. Ill be buying speakers cause i dont have any at the moment... hadnt thought about flushmounting the amp but i imagine that would look good... would it have any overheating issues like that though? i guess i should mention i dont know anything about stereos... have a guy whos gonna build the backside of the boxes and do all the wiring for me.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bigger subs....2-15's, 2 tweeters, 2 more speakers, 2 amps, and a compacitor. Keep the bird in the middle and have it light up with LEDs!
Old 11-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks cool, I think Vicinity, Adam and Dave were thinking along similar lines...

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/forum/...php?topic=43.0
Old 11-18-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the idea alot, not for me, but i do like it.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

depending on materials you use to make the delete, there is a possibility of adding weight to the car , seeing that the rear seats are VERY light anyways.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^Adding speakers and amps it will definitely be heavier... I think unless you just pull the seats and throw floor mats over the holes this definitely isn't a big weight saving mod. I think with belts it is like 27lbs...
Old 11-18-2008, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

This would be something I would love to have in my car
Old 11-18-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

im not to worried about weight as its a street car, it be one thing if i was trying to squeeze an e.t. out of it but im just going for a fun car all around... i plan to make 500rwhp give or take a lil with the 383 im going to do this winter... i dont think the extra weights gonna be that big of a problem lol, ive thought about maybe building it though so its quick detach in the event i did want to go to the track and squeeze that e.t. out of it though... ill be starting on this little project next week though so ill keep you guys updated
Old 11-18-2008, 11:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I thought of that idea first!

Nahh, I think great minds think alike. My idea was similar but didn't really slant that much.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maxplusten
i really have no purpose for the rear seat anymore, makes sence to me just to get rid of it and make use of the space... as far as weight goes im not to concerned either way. Ill be buying speakers cause i dont have any at the moment... hadnt thought about flushmounting the amp but i imagine that would look good... would it have any overheating issues like that though? i guess i should mention i dont know anything about stereos... have a guy whos gonna build the backside of the boxes and do all the wiring for me.
most amps have a built in fan to cool them down but it wouldn't hurt to run an aux. fan under the amp they are easy to install and i think if you did it flush it would smooth the lines
Old 11-20-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

update: got the rear seat out and started maching things up today... so far everythings turning out good... i didnt take pics but we started building the aluminum frame too... the pitch of the mach up dosent quite match what we decided to do on the frame... i think ittl look alot better when its all said and done. heres a few pics to tide you guys over though...

and just for fun

my crown royal bag hand warmer shifter cover lol
Old 11-21-2008, 06:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ how is your GPS(?) mounted?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

its called a R.A.M. mount, ill try to get some pictures today... pretty nice, it can swivel and lock pretty much any direction i want it
Old 11-21-2008, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally would have taken the floor all the way to the back of the seats to make it look like the corvette trunks. Plus you can put some pretty nice cubby holes behind the seats and hide all kinds of things. But that is what I would have done.

I do like the progress and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

P.J.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think I could have a car without rear seats (well, i'd take a zr1 but i wouldn't remove them). But im 19.

The subs would have to be bigger than the pic. Also, may I suggest you but a blue film over the bird, than have a cheap neon in the box, but not directly in front of the bird. Remember, thats facing your windshield and will reflect on it at night.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

I decided rather than do the lighting im probably just going to emboss it in the carpet... still to early to tell. I know what ya mean, when i first got my car i loved the fact i could haul all my friends around... but as time went on and i saw how hard it was on the car i began to understand why gm didnt bulid these things with a ton of space back there... human beings wernt ment to set in those things lol... I got tired of all my friends asking for rides so rear seat delete and bam... no more 4 people shuved in my t/a and no more messed up shocks, bottoming out exhaust, and all that good stuff lol
Old 12-19-2008, 02:14 AM
11 Second Club

Updates???

Quick Reply: rear seat delete idea