Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need a little interior help, please...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need a little interior help, please...

I am wanting to paint my center consol but have no real idea how it comes out. I am painting the dash bezels and want to paint it to match but don't want to break it taking it out.

Also. Where would I buy a firebird guage bezel? I want to install the white guages and want to get one of those first.

Thanks,

P.J.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lift up the console lid and remove the 2 small hex screws. after removing the 2 hex screws, the console is snapped into place. pull up from the back of the console where the 2 hex screws were. to remove the shifter handle, pry out the clip with a flathead or punch. shifter handle slides off. dash bezel comes out by removing the 2 hex screws. its easier to lower the tilt of the column. u can probably find the parts thru ebay or yearone.com
Old 11-29-2008, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nemss1
lift up the console lid and remove the 2 small hex screws. after removing the 2 hex screws, the console is snapped into place. pull up from the back of the console where the 2 hex screws were. to remove the shifter handle, pry out the clip with a flathead or punch. shifter handle slides off. dash bezel comes out by removing the 2 hex screws. its easier to lower the tilt of the column. u can probably find the parts thru ebay or yearone.com
That's about it! I'd like to add that you may have to remove the change holder from inside the center compartment to get to those screws. Ebay is you BEST bet for those kinds of parts. Other places will charge way too much for it. Tell me your sanding the plastic flat before painting, not just spraying over that textured stuff!

Swat
Old 11-29-2008, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Swiat34
That's about it! I'd like to add that you may have to remove the change holder from inside the center compartment to get to those screws. Ebay is you BEST bet for those kinds of parts. Other places will charge way too much for it. Tell me your sanding the plastic flat before painting, not just spraying over that textured stuff!

Swat
haha thanks swat! forgot to mention remove the change holder to even see the hex screws
Old 11-29-2008, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

No I sanded, did two coats of primer, three coats of paint, and three coats of clear. But thanks for the info. I did notice the two screws in the center consol after I posted up. But that was on the way to work, so didn't have time to take it out and sand.

But I will search ebay for the firebird dash bezel and try and get it done soon.

Any idea how to take out the hidden cup holder to paint it?

Thanks,

P.J.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

how about some pics of finished product
Old 11-30-2008, 01:04 AM
On The Tree

I have the Center console on the table in the garage with two coats of primer so I should be able to put a coat of gloss black on it before I go to Church. And finish the rest after.

The vent and radio bezel looks great. Or at least at night it looks good.

I should be done in the afternoon tomorrow. And I'm in dallas and there is no cowboys game so I don't have anything better to do.

P.J.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:17 AM
12 Second Club

no prob P.J. glad i could help. as for the hidden cupholder, i have no clue on this but i do have an idea. u may have to remove the whole console and it may be held on the botton. the whole console is easy to remove. remove the 10mm bolts in the console compartment, 2 10mm bolts at the front console directly under the dash, and the 10mm bolt under the upper console u already have removed to paint

Quick Reply: Need a little interior help, please...