Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Old 05-20-2016, 02:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HOW TO: Sequential Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chavez885
Anyone know how to slow down the sequence on a camaro? The video of the yellow camaro LT1 lights is how mine are now, but I'd really like it to go slow. Anyone messed with this?

*edit* Did buy a diff flasher but it didn't really change anything. Is there a certain one to buy that is slower? Thanks.
Originally Posted by _JB_
Man I hope so, I've had sequential tail lights for years and always wanted to slow mine down.
Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
where can I find a fully adjustable flasher, so I can slow down the flash rate of my lights?
I've got a link to a non-sponsor adjustable flasher. If you're still interested PM me and I'll hook you all up.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Just ordered a sequential light kit!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Purchased the adjustable flasher the other day. I just have to wait for it to come in now. Too bad I put like 100 miles a month on the car now lol.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

For anyone following this thread my sequential light kit from webelectric arrived recently. They work awesome! The instructions are very clear and everything needed for the install is included. If you want something like this dont hesitate to get a kit.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
For anyone following this thread my sequential light kit from webelectric arrived recently. They work awesome! The instructions are very clear and everything needed for the install is included. If you want something like this dont hesitate to get a kit.
Sweet! I just ordered a kit for my car.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

I hooked up the new flasher, not really impressed with it. Yeah it slows down the sequence, but not per light; just how long all lights stay lit. But it does look better than any of the previous ones; not clicking sound though.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by _JB_
I hooked up the new flasher, not really impressed with it. Yeah it slows down the sequence, but not per light; just how long all lights stay lit. But it does look better than any of the previous ones; not clicking sound though.
What flasher did you get? I would think that you would want to get the flasher set to the amount of time for each flash setup first, then reset the sequencer. I've got the web electric sequencer and it says in the directions, IIRC, that it sets itself to the flasher speed automatically. So, I don't know if you can reset the sequencer to a new flasher speed or not. I'd try setting the flasher, then, disconnecting the battery for a minute then re-connecting and see where that puts you.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:44 AM
TECH Junkie

I was able to find the Amazon auction where the review was posted; so its the same part. I tried with all the different settings, and I was hoping the "pulse" option was going to work; but it didn't. Not the end of the world, but I guess the real issue is the timing of the sequencers themselves, not the flasher.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

can someone pm me the link to the kit because i cannot find it
Old 12-27-2010, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres a link a few pages back heres mine i installed it the other day

View My Video
Old 12-27-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just spoke to Lawrence at webelectric (very helpful guy in term of knowing his wiring)... Here's the scoop for us LS1 Camaros:

We'd need LOTS of work to make this work for our cars. There are 2 ways to go.

1. If you get the STS 2 kit, you'll only get the outer 2 lights will work, (and you lose your turn signal from the original spot, it just wont light up) Also, your brake light will only be the middle section of the tail light.

2. If you get the STS 1 kit, you'll need to run a trailer harness box. Essentially you cut your harness and run it to the new trailer box. (trailer boxes are the same ones you would need to tow a trailer with your car. They only have one light and it's both the brake and turn) You'll basically be sending the light signals to that "box" then that box will connect to the STS 1 kit and THAT will now make all the bulbs in the sequence light up OR signal. (The STS 1 kit sends out 1 signal so the trailer box is needed to send it out to the multiple bulbs)

He also said doing the trailer box it's way more of a pain, and they dont want to hassle with making it because the demand isn't there for that kit.

I may try to do the sequential one for me, but it isn't a mod I can actually see so I'm on the fence about it for now.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Some motivation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIbEunZU0kI
Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE
I just spoke to Lawrence at webelectric (very helpful guy in term of knowing his wiring)... Here's the scoop for us LS1 Camaros:

We'd need LOTS of work to make this work for our cars. There are 2 ways to go.

1. If you get the STS 2 kit, you'll only get the outer 2 lights will work, (and you lose your turn signal from the original spot, it just wont light up) Also, your brake light will only be the middle section of the tail light.

2. If you get the STS 1 kit, you'll need to run a trailer harness box. Essentially you cut your harness and run it to the new trailer box. (trailer boxes are the same ones you would need to tow a trailer with your car. They only have one light and it's both the brake and turn) You'll basically be sending the light signals to that "box" then that box will connect to the STS 1 kit and THAT will now make all the bulbs in the sequence light up OR signal. (The STS 1 kit sends out 1 signal so the trailer box is needed to send it out to the multiple bulbs)

He also said doing the trailer box it's way more of a pain, and they dont want to hassle with making it because the demand isn't there for that kit.

I may try to do the sequential one for me, but it isn't a mod I can actually see so I'm on the fence about it for now.
Thats what i did. once i figured out what i needed to do, it took a day. no biggie. and it looks way fuggin cool.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Hot. Just hot!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a great mod! I've been lazy about ordering this kit.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

I just finished my WebElectric STS-3TA install and was not happy with the speed of the flashing. In addition, the left and right flash speed was different. To change things, I got a modified Blazer flasher and replaced the 1K Ohm resistor with a 10K Ohm resistor/10K Ohm pot combo.

The result was great and I did the same for the hazard and turn signals.

Please note - I fried a couple of these doing my experiments - kind of expensive. So, you'll want to make sure you don't run the flasher without the resistor in, be good with the soldering iron, and make sure you get the soldering right the first time. Soldering too much will fry the diodes in the unit. (They go up in a smelly fireball...)

ALSO - The hazards and turn signals have different maximum limits to the amount of resistance you can put on. I found that I couldn't go above 15 ohms for the hazards or 18K ohms for the turn signals - otherwise the relay in the flasher started skipping. So, I found the best method was to hook up the flasher, adjust the pot dial, and then snap the plastic cover back on.

If you want to throw down some coin, I expect this would work just as well:
http://www.keepitcleanwiring.com/cat...stable-Flasher

Here's a video of before (with the stock thermal flasher), part-way (with the stock electronic flasher), and final. (with the modded electronic flasher) Its hard to see the difference in the left/right sequence speed in the video - but it was much more pronounced when the turn signals were firing.

Last edited by wssix99; 10-03-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Launching!

just recently installed a webelectric sequential light setup on my 94 formula .it really
draws a lot of attention in traffic . looks bad *** with the lt1 style tailight lens.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Subscribed
Old 02-17-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Are there any kits out there that allow for sequential turn signals, but don't make the brake lights flash like that? Up where I am, that'll get you pulled over by the pigs in no time.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LadyDriven
Are there any kits out there that allow for sequential turn signals, but don't make the brake lights flash like that? Up where I am, that'll get you pulled over by the pigs in no time.
So, if youre driving a brand new Mustang you'll also be pulled over in no-time?

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Sequential Tail Lights